LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Homemade Baby Powder

Nothing beats the real thing:

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=20574

Everything else feels yucky

I'd think that the tapioca (after absorbing moisture) would stick to you (and your diapers and your plastic pants and your sheets etc).

I have not had that experience. This is tapioca flour, which is a fine powder.

No; talc does not CAUSE breathing difficulties. The misuse of it does or the predisposition to thak kind of breathing difficulty is the key factor. The talc is just there. To be a "cause" of something the alleged cause has to act indipendently. Also I see now so many "difficulties" and "syndromes" that were not even known 30 years ago, which is far from the Dark Ages, or identifiable as collections of symptoms that I have known for years to be medically identified as other things, lumped together to "prove" a new "disease", "syndrome" or "problem" that I look at the whole thing with a very jaundiced eye: And that is a bit of a problem as only one of mine works at all

But this goes in cycles, When I started in Psychology in 1971; everbody had dyslexia. In the 1976-81 time period it was "the dreaded learning disability [with no known cause]" and the undetectable "Minimal Brain Dysfunction". Now autism is the rage and expaned to the "autism spectrum" (with the alleged cause being Thymerisol and the only probelm with this being that this cause is attributed to cases occurring long after that vaccine preservative was discontinure) In the case of low vision we went from "Charles Bonney Syndrome" A kind of hallucinatory visual effect of declining eyesight to "atypical Charles Bonney Syndrom" which from what I can determine could be spun out to include stomach ulcers. It appears to be a wastebasket diangnosis to cover something unknown causing images that the ordiarily used examination do not show a cause for and the other tests may be considered too exotic. You would be surprised at the number of tests and examinations there are

The net result of all of this is twofold, it spreads panic, bringing in new things to worry about in barrage after barrage, or discredits the industry as real people say "Hey they are at it again, some new crock of bull to make us worry and rope us in and get more money". In the one case you get Syndrome Fatigue, best expressed as "You are going to die of something so just live your life and do not worry. they will come up with another one soon" and in the other, a credibility gap, which if you want a fancy name fore it "Peter's Wolf Syndrome"

It seems that my uncle had it right; "Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see". I am not worried about the talc since I am not snorting it. Bete Noire du jour has been a cottage industry since Man discovered the bull

I have done this myself. You can totally get away with just corn starch. There's a fair number of commercial baby powders that are just 100% corn starch. You can actually save money by buying it in the baking isle rather than the baby isle.

Corn starch has been used as a dry lubricant for rubber gloves for decades but as baby powder, it feels a bit creepy if you are used to talcum and smells all wrong

At any rate, the next question is how to give it a smell

I'm a weirdo who hates smells. I use unscented everything, deodorant, shampoo, etc, so I'm all for just plain powder with no smell. I would gather though that you could use any of a variety of extracts, much like you do with potpourri.

Kinda like trying to make your own water by combining oxygen and hydrogen. It's not really necessary since the compound already exists. Wny not just buy baby powder? It's not that expensive and already comes in its own container. Just saying... :whistling:

Kinda like trying to make your own water by combining oxygen and hydrogen. It's not really necessary since the compound already exists. Wny not just buy baby powder? It's not that expensive and already comes in its own container. Just saying... :whistling:

I respectfully disagree. Baby powder made from tapioca flour and/or cornstarch, without chemical additives, can be expensive. My suggested ingredients are available in the baking section of any market.

I have done this myself. You can totally get away with just corn starch. There's a fair number of commercial baby powders that are just 100% corn starch. You can actually save money by buying it in the baking isle rather than the baby isle.

Interesting, your using just corn starch. I first tried only tapioca flour, then added corn starch. The combination worked better.

No; talc does not CAUSE breathing difficulties. The misuse of it does or the predisposition to that kind of breathing difficulty is the key factor. The talc is just there.

I must be predisposed to that kind of breathing difficulty, because breathing difficulties follow my use of talcum.

If it only occurs when you use talc, you could be allergic. ask your doctor I was addressing the scare-tactics campaign. About the only two things that don't cause allergic reactions to somebody are air and water and the overwhelming majority of us are allergic to something and usually more than one thing

Well... correct me if i'm wrong but talc is a silicate and is consequently not digestable. It's the same thing with silica gel used for column chromatography which you have to be very careful to not inhale. Because it isn't digestable or can be broken down in any way it'll stay in your lungs for a long time if not forever. If you inhale too much, it'll build up and cause breathing problems.

Corn starch is preferable because it can be digested...even if it's in the lungs. In any case it will leave the lungs MUCH faster than talc would.