LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hospital Stay Yields Diagnosis Of.....

I was just in the hospital from the 8-12th for horrendous gut pain I was diagnosed with colitis, it has caused me to loose slight bowel control. Surgery may be in near future. It's not an everyday thing I'd say once or twice a week I will have a near miss or slight leakage. Im absolutely floored and beside myself I'm only 25 also,. The week before I was approved for my very first apt, I had help movin yesterday. Hectic and mind numbing week(s) to say the least.

Ouch! I also had colitis. In my case I was 20. It was caused by a hedonistic diet. In my case way too much meat and junkfood! While I did not lose bowel incontinence, that would have been more fun than having a false appendicitis attack, waiting in the Emergency Room.

Babyscoot, I hope you'll be OK and my wishes are with you! Same for you Terryfighter, as I see you said "had" colitis

I normally don't post much personal info on here, but this is a slight exception as it is a rant and, after some 40+ years, I still hold a grudge against the doctor. Glad he finally retired!

Brother was doubled over in pain. Went to doc many times. Doc did not test for ulcerative colitis nor Chron's disease because he was "too young to get them." (Yes, he actually admitted that to us, but that was back in the early '70's.) After a couple months he was hospitalized and operated on. (IIRC, colon shortened to get "most/all[?]" of it. Something burst in the middle of the night, poisioning him. My dad was there, (ICU allows 24/7 visit,) and he was pressing on the emergency/panic button along w/calling down the hall for help. Overnight hospital shifts are not well manned, by the time help got there many minutes later, it was too late.

Brother had sole custody of his son after divorce. How the hell does one tell a four year old that his dad is gone? My parents raised him along w/help from me & my brother. My daughter is a year younger, so they have a kinda brother/sister relationship.

The point of this, mostly for others, is if one has unusual pain, get to a doc or hospital ASAP!

Now that the maudlin is over, I'll tell a little funny story.

Last Spring & Summer I kept getting occasional pushing, stabbing, pressure, whatever pains in one to four places around my heart. I had several other "symtoms." I went to WebMD and found I had 6-7 of the symtoms for a heart attack. Wow! Called my doc the next morning, (as you can see, I'm a night owl. lol Stayed up all night until I could call as I was afraid to go to sleep.) He directed me straight to the ER, not his office. [side note on WebMD, the hospital told me it is a good start, but they have to put up all kinds of info, even if very minor, so someone can't claim mis-information. IOW, start there, but ALWAYS check w/your doctor for followup. Looks true as I checked later an many of my "symtoms" seemed to fit in other areas too.]

The good news is they did heart & body scans My heart is in great condition! My brain & other parts may be out of kilter, but they're being dealt with.

It appears I had "heartburn," which I've never had before. Now that I've got a giant bottle of heartburn pills, I never had to open it as I haven't had any symtoms since the hospital.

Oh yea, they had me so drugged at times they had to change my diapers several times over the 5 day stay. :D

I never ever thought I would put that rant in print, much less on a diaper site. Oh well, life goes on, hopefully someone benifits from it.

I would recommend medline plus or the NIH.gov website over webmd simply because they do put up EVERYTHING and can cause unnecessary worry/panic. Although rhianna you definitely had the right idea in calling your Dr. as well first.

I know many people who use webmd and go to the ER or drs office every time they have something and webmd states 'it could cause death' and then they are plagued with hundreds to thousands of dollars in copays for mild things. However, obviously, always call your dr, or nurse hotline if you are not sure.

I will say, most dr's HATE when a patient says "i was on webmd......" simply because webmd creates panic in people... one time I was pretty sure I had a mild case of pink eye, so i went to webMD (this was about 6-7 yrs ago) to check the symptoms, and see if there were any home remedies i could try until i got into the dr's... the second cause of pink eye, after bacteria infection... was Chlymidia!!!!!! so i was joking with my dr about that.. .and she said she had never ever heard of someone having that in their eye!

I had a similar problem with gallstones that Rihanna's brother did with whatever that was, doctor's didn't diagnose it as gallstone blockage because I was "too skinny and young to have such a problem." I got lucky though and switched hospitals, some hospitals are just horrible in diagnosing ailments. The one that saved my life, seriously, if I had waited just a week longer to get the surgery I would have died, said it was stupid of them. Hindsight, I should have sued but didn't think about it in time. WebMD is too much information and too much probability, this is what doctors are suppose to do. But you can't get demanding or they ignore you completely. Something seriously wrong here.