LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Migraines

DailyDi

Ech!!!! I get a a ocular migraine usually every 6-8 weeks, and then about every 3-4 weeks i'll get a migraine w/out the visual problems, but with the photophobia, nausea/vomitting and noise sensitivity!

I know what you are going through.... Since meds rarely work for me, I get two big bags of ice and then use a scarf or ice bandage to literally wrap my head in ice... make sure you put a towel between your head and the ice... Sometimes just having the freezing sensation takes my focus away from the migraine pain!

Ech!!!! I get a a ocular migraine usually every 6-8 weeks, and then about every 3-4 weeks i'll get a migraine w/out the visual problems, but with the photophobia, nausea/vomitting and noise sensitivity!

I know what you are going through.... Since meds rarely work for me, I get two big bags of ice and then use a scarf or ice bandage to literally wrap my head in ice... make sure you put a towel between your head and the ice... Sometimes just having the freezing sensation takes my focus away from the migraine pain!

I find an ice-pack at the base of my neck works wonders too.

I get mine typically between 3-5 days a week. Every once in a while i go a whole two weeks without one. Soooo not fun.

For me, ice packs seem to make them way way way way worse. Just backfires so hard.

Speaking of which, migraine meds REALLY need to kick in so I can go to sleep.

Thank gawd I've only had one in my life (knock of Fluff Pulp)

I went to the Emergency room thinking I was having a Brain Hemorrhage.

When they said Migrane, I felt embarrassed about it.

But the Dr. said what if it was a hemorrhage to make me feel better.

I wouldn't wish a migraine on anyone.

I get them frequently myself!

Along with the icepack, I found out that if I take 2 melatonin's, with a couple of Tylenol's, the pain subsides a lot quicker! (Google migraine, melatonin)

My migraines went from an average of lasting 3 days, to less than 1.

Leaves me a bit groggy the next day, but I'd rather feel that way than in pain...

I get mine typically between 3-5 days a week. Every once in a while i go a whole two weeks without one. Soooo not fun.

If you get them that frequently, talk to your neuro about botox. Injections across the forehead and back of the head were found to help years ago, but the FDA made them stop advertising for off label uses and insurance companies stopped covering it. Last Oct/Nov the FDA approved it for treating migraines. Getting your insurance to pay for it may still be difficult through (ours was a PITA, but they finally backed down). You are supposed to need a well documented history, be classified as a chronic sufferer (I forget the specifics but I believe it was 4+ a month), and showing a resistance to the normal drugs helps too. I have a friend that is also getting them and they've helped him pretty well. It had some effect for my wife (she had a week straight without one), but she found out she was pregnant the day before her second round and it's supposed to take 2 to 3 rounds to really start to effect them.

My wife literally counts the days she doesn't have a migraine rather than how many she has (maybe 5 to 10 without in a month) and even the IV steroids don't break the things. She's learned to function around them, but she isn't really capable of working or going to school. Being pregnant and not being able to take anything (she can take vicodin, but it's never done much anyway) has not exactly been an enjoyable experience (and I don't have the migraines or a squirming kid in me)...

Edit: 14 days a month is "chronic". WebMD has the info here.