LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cause For Concern?

I am new to the board and have a quick question. I recently started to experience a since of urgency when I have to urinate. It hits without warning, and I need to get there fast!! I am disabled, so I'm not able to move very quickly. Is this "normal" as one ages, or is there something more to it than that? Any ideas?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Urgency can be caused by neuropathy and there are about 100 different types of neuropathy

http://www.neuropathy.org/site/PageServer?pagename=About_NeuropathyTypes

For me if i am driving or traveling i am alright till i get out of the car and stand up.

Then sometime its i got to go right NOW.

When you are some place where you don't know where the nearest restroom is and there is no time to look for one its easy to understand why a diaper is a good way to cope with the problem.

The problem is neurological type Urgency is very hard to DX and most doctors will just try the meds that are used to treat overactive bladder,

In many cases these medications will not help.

They may try Bladder training Fluid and diet management.(if you are a diabetic this will cause problems)

Or tricyclic antidepressants but for men these may cause BPH and make the problem worse.

Surgery. to tighten the bladder muscles, Artificial urinary sphincter, these would work if its a muscle problem but not a nerve problem .

think and research before you let your doctor go off half cocked and tries something that will make things worse

I have been there I have the same issue I have had multiple lower back injures from my career the issue now has pain on the left side the bladder issue is linked to the pain in relation to the urgency frequncy issue I wear 24/7 even at work all I feel is a little pressure in my bladder and then I gotta go