LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is The Softest Baby Diaper?

Wheels

I was thinking of trying one as a stuffer since they don't actually fit me.

Out of Pampers, Luvs, Huggies, store brands, etc., which brand and type are the softest?

Thanks!

Wheels,

I am a mature (47yo) woman who is profoundly urinary incontinent. About the time Pampers first introduced Cruisers an incontinent woman I know in-person very well told me she preferred baby disposables instead of factory-made slip-in disposable pads. She is somewhat larger than me and is comfortable in size 5. My youngest sister Missy had a daughter who was still wearing Pampers size 5 at that time. Missy is also incontinent, so I was not embarrassed to borrow a Pampers from her. Clearly size 5 was too large for me. I went to a store to buy a small package of Size 4 Pampers, which were the original Cruisers. I cut off the flaps and those were a perfect size for me. The Cruisers were far softer than commercial slip-in pads.

Personally I never had any problems with DryMax. Still I found that the current Size 4 Cruisers with 3-Way Fit are even better. They are slightly more absorbent than DryMax. Also, in sizes 3 and 4 the 3-Way Fit share technology with Pampers Swaddlers. The acquisition layer is as soft as any disposable. These are thin when dry and especially flexible.

All of my larger incontinent pals who wear Cruisers 3-Way Fit tell me those are softer than other major brands when used as slip-in pads.

I also use a lot of Pampers Extra Protection Size 4. These are slightly thicker and not as flexible as the Cruisers, but they are significantly more absorbent. They are made in sizes from 3 to 6, but primarily only available at Target in the USA.

I was thinking of trying one as a stuffer since they don't actually fit me.

Out of Pampers, Luvs, Huggies, store brands, etc., which brand and type are the softest?

Thanks!

Wheels, it's been my experience that Huggies are the softest baby diapers available. Pampers Baby-Dry are probably in second place, and Cruisers and Luvs barely even rank for me once generic brands are included. Luvs aren't what they used to be, and Crusiers just feel weird against my skin when wet. Obviously, your mileage may vary though. My suggestion would be to order some samples from KCWW and P&G and try to figure out which diaper your find the most comfortable.
  • 2 months later...

Thanks Diaper Pro & Royalty... Diaper Pro, which particular Huggies?

I figured I'd bump this one more time to see if anyone has further input?

Thanks Diaper Pro & Royalty... Diaper Pro, which particular Huggies?

Wheels, just out of curiosity, is my "rank" showing up, but not my "name" when you access DD? I'm asking because you referred to me by my rank of "Diaper Pro," and that could get confusing should others with the same rank reply. :) (If you're using some kind of mobile device, you might want to mention this in the DD Tech Support section--it could be a glitch in the way your device is displaying DD.)

Back on topic--let me try and answer your question as best I can. I honestly believe that this is one of those "YMMV" situations, and it's probably worth keeping that in mind while you read the rest of this post. The Huggies that I've used most recently have been the "Little Movers Slip-On" style, and they certainly feel very soft to me. These are similar in design to Pull-Ups, and like Pull-Ups you'll want to undo the sides before you use these as a stuffer or anything similar. I should also add that if you leave the sides attached, you'll want to stick the front velcro to the front of your underwear, and to tuck the rear side panels around the outside--if you don't the softness of the diaper will be negated by the feeling of the velcro rubbing against your skin. I generally "wrap" the rear side panels around my underwear like the wings on a maxipad, and then fold one velcro fastener so that it sticks on the other side of the diaper--the end result actually resembles wings on a maxipad.

If you prefer traditional diapers, or want a size larger then "size 5," the standard "Little Movers" will probably feel identical, but you'll only have to deal with "regular" fasteners instead of the Pull-Up style velcro. As I noted above though, YMMV.

The "Snug 'n' Dry" Huggies cost a bit less and are still very soft, so if you're on a budget, give those a try. The only reason I haven't used the SnD line recently myself is that I can't find it in the "Mega" sized package anymore.

If you have the money to spend though, you may very well find that the "Pure & Natural" Huggies are the softest ones available. Like the "Little Movers Slip-Ons," the largest you can get these in is a "size 5." (They don't come in a "size 6" right now, but I'm hoping that will change at some point.) Also, I'm not sure if this matters to you, but the prints on these are a bit more "muted" and less vibrant then on other Huggies--this is done intentionally, but I feel its worth mentioning. Still, if you can afford these, they're definitely worth a try. As I said before though, YMMV.

• 1 month later...

I would have to add an agreement with Angela Bauer. Pampers have always been proven with me to be quite versatile, either for use as a pad for myself, or for the intended purpose as an infant diaper for someone else. Proctor and Gamble is very aware of this, and it may be part of the reason that many adults can apply them without having to bother removing the tabs. With me, they sit in place in regular underwear to collect any minute discharge, and I don't even know it's there as I go about my work. And there would be no modifications needed. Both Pampers and Huggies are the most discrete product on the market for adults with light incontinence I've seen. They do an excellent job of protecting privacy. Huggies Naturals are indeed very soft, but they also tend to be a bit more narrow. The comfort level would depend on the anatomy of the user.

Now for my question: Why isn't this thread in the "Just Diapers" board, or in the "Medical Incontinence" section?