LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dream & Bedwetting

I started having a night time problem in my 50's. It was quite a shock. It happened once or twice a year. That was more than 5 years ago. Then a month ago it suddenly accelerated, a month in between and then a week. So I assume I may have a more regular problem. At first I would wake as soon as I leaked. The last couple of times I didn't and it was much more serious. At first I thought it was caused by drinking too much tea but then it happened without the tea. I do generate a lot of urine at night, more than I should.

Each time it happens I dream about going to the bathroom. I thought if I could trigger myself to wake up when I had that dream I could sort of stop it. That doesn't work, I sleep. Has anyone found a way to wake to catch it before you leak?

Have you had a check for diabetes recently? or just a simple up to date blood test.

I would, I have a couple of medical complaints and Two of them are type2 diabetes and joint damage in my lower back, 8 years ago my bedwetting started with the ocasional wet night.

It gradually got worse till it was everynight and is now just part of a normal day. There are other medical things involved too, but once your body gets into the habit of wetting while asleep it can be the start of something permanant.

• Like 1

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, as you get older, it takes more energy to do what you used to do. As a result, when you sleep, you tend to sleep deeper. Also, age reduces the production of vasprossen, the chemical that causes the body to reabsorb water into the bloodstream and therefore ensure that your bladder can handle 6-8 hours of sleep. This combines to cause a problem - your mind is aware of your need to urinate, and will tell you to wake via the dreams. Due to your need for rest, this fails to wake you. Without waking, you will urinate as needed, and without protection, will wet whatever you are wearing / in.

Medical intervention tries to correct this by vasprossen tablets, which will only exasperate the problem. The solution is to exercise more during the day - so to make your moving less energetic. This has an unwanted side effect - insomnia, which is also a common problem with age. The cure for this will cause you to sleep deeply, and then you are back to the original problem.

In my humble opinion, the solution for this is night time diapers, but due to said diaper use, you body, during awake times of relaxation, will relax your bladder sphincter muscle and cause you to experience sporadic daytime control continuing on to complete bladder incontinence. Without this being checked by you, bowel incontinence will follow.

There is no known medical cure for this. The cause of this problem is lack of exercise during your younger years, which has caused premature degradation of your muscles and cartilage.

babykeiff i just wanted to say what a fabulous job you did at explaining that, and also for reminding me what crap my life is and is going to be further up the line--I'm already bladder incontinent both from medical problems and also functional as i do not have enough warning to get to a bathroom transfer to a toilet and do my business, not to mention if it is not an elevated toilet i can't use it anyway because i don't have sufficient muscle strength to go from a low position to a higher one ( ah hello 911 can you send someone to get me off the toilet at walmart ? sir this is not what 911 is for you could be arrested and face heavy fines and a jail sentence for misuse of 911 CLICK,) damn now i'm stuck bad, so all i can say is thank God for Diapers !!

Nappy

• 3 weeks later...

I also have started bedwetting. First time about 5 months ago and then again 2 days ago. While I did enjoy sleep wetting and the feeling I get upon waking, some concern is raised. I don't wear diapers 24/7 and only when I can without it becoming known to others. And true, being diapered is almost a signal to my bladder to relax. I will try to wear diapers at night for about a week to see what happens. if I wake up with a need to release, I'll try to get to the bathroom (or try to fall back asleep. Oh, recent physical was fine but stess level is high. Take care all.