LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Steve Jobs Has Passed.

Guest Baby Rina

I will miss Jobs and his wonderful wonderful ideas... if he didn't put together that snazzy iPhone that revolutionized the way phones work... my little droid might not exist in its current form to make me happy. He's evil and ruthless and rawr... but one thing he wasn't was complacent. I'm not a mac fangirl by any stretch of the word but when was the last time you saw MS come up with something new and innovative that made you go i gotta have that!? The XBox is after all a computer with no ability (in theory) to change any of the parts and designed with a single purpose in mind... isn't that a mac? the Zune flopped attempting to copy the iPod... my droid improved on the iPhone. Love him or hate him he shot out ideas like a roman candle and did not compromise on his vision, no matter the cost.

The man was my hero ;_; It's difficult to strike a balance between buddhist belief and business practises; it's even harder to want to be in a world of suits and figures and still not lose yourself. He took the road less travelled and made it somewhere further than he'd ever expected; at my age he'd lived with monks, discovered himself and knew what he wanted to be ~ tha's more than I can say I've done. I found him to be hugely motivational ?

(Plus he created Pixar, so.. XD)

... if he didn't put together that snazzy iPhone that revolutionized the way phones work... my little droid might not exist in its current form to make me happy.

It was NOT Steve Jobs concept that grew / strengthened the mobile phone usage. Before the creation of the iPod / iPhone, most devices in Sweden & Norway were dependent on mobile phones - ie bill paying, purchasing tickets etc. It was Apple that linked music and music players to mobile phones, and now thats all they really do apart from standard network functions - make & receive calls/texts & connect to the internet. Before Apple i devices, WAP existed (Wireless application protocol) which was a compact data stream that handled internet and third party devices.

It was NOT Steve Jobs that pushed the mobile technology forward - it was Motorola, Ericsson, Nokia and Siemens.

The 'i' device can only do one thing at a time - its original design was released, and abandoned by most decent companies in the 1960s. Every other computer device in the world since 1960 can task-switch (do more than one thing at a time). Also, the i-device locks data to itself. This means that your music files / pictures etc are locked to the device you have, and if for some reason th ei-device fails (design) you loose access to your own data.

Apple extended the 'licensing agreement' to also contain YOUR stuff which you never own also. (see my previous post)

In highschool and JR High we did. But those were ancient, even by the standards then. They were POS computers and completely turned me against apple products. I've had fewer problems with PCs over the last 12 years than I did with those old macs in one day...

Those Macs were entirely different then the ones being manufactured and sold today. In your post you imply that the last time you used a Mac was 12 years ago, which would be 1999. You also state that the Macs you used were "ancient," even by the standards of the era, so I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that they were probably beige, right? If I'm right, they were probably manufactured sometime between 1994 and 1996, if not earlier, before Jobs returned to Apple. Those machines were poorly designed, and were running an antiquated OS. (The entire reason Steve Jobs returned to Apple was because Apple acquired Jobs' company, NeXT.) The old Mac OS (not Mac OS X) was a patchwork of code that had no path forward and was in dire need of replacement. OS 8 was an extension of System/OS 7, and OS 9 was particularly unstable. Modern Macs, and even Macs that are a decade old, are nothing like those disasters from the 1990s. Don't even get me started on the Performa, which was an absolute nightmare to work with.

(Plus he created Pixar, so.. XD)

Actually Pudding, Jobs didn't create Pixar--he bought it from George Lucas. Lucas was going through an expensive divorce at the time and believed that "computer generated animation would never catch on," (funny when you look at what he's done to Star Wars with the very technology he claimed would never catch on,) so he sold Pixar to help pay for the aforementioned divorce. Jobs hired creative people who knew how to make films, but generally didn't involve himself in the filmmaking process, (in contrast to his work at Apple where he was seen as a "meddler" involving himself in every aspect of Apple's operations,) because as he stated in an interview, he (Jobs) didn't know much about the process of filmmaking. However, Jobs did know how to hire people who did know plenty about filmmaking, and the end result was the Pixar that we've come to know and love.

Also, before Steve Jobs co-founded Apple Computer Inc. (Apple dropped the word "computer" from their name last decade,) with Steve Wozniak, Jobs hired Wozniak while working at Atari. The two developed the game "Breakout," a clone of which can be found on iPods manufactured prior to 2007.

I'm definitely saddened by Steve Jobs' passing--the man was truly a visionary in every sense of the word. I've almost always liked Apple products, (see above for the exception,) and I'm happy that I own my Macs today. It'll be weird getting used to seeing Apple without Steve Jobs, but the company will ultimately survive and thrive. What many don't seem to realize is that Tim Cook served as CEO every time Jobs took a leave of absence, and even oversaw a product launch prior to the iPhone 4S during one of those leaves of absence. In other words, Mr. Cook is well prepared for his position as CEO. I kind of wish that Apple would have given Steve Wozniak the "chairman" position that Jobs held when he passed on. (I believe Tim Cook is acting as chairman in addition to his position as CEO, but don't quote me on that yet.) Steve Wozniak is listed as an Apple employee and still draws a salary, despite not being actively involved with the company or holding any position on the board. Given that he's involved with venture capitalism, the position of "chairman" is more then suitable for Mr. Wozniak and his current skill set.