LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Forum Search

Sorry if this has been posted about before, I did a search and didn't find an existing topic on the subject.

When I do a search, it seems to ONLY search the Titles, regardless of what option I select in the advanced search. Even if I select it to only search content, it seems to search just the titles anyway.

For example, I chose a thread at random:

Vegas Again!

In this topic appears the phrase "Hell Yeah" so I searched for "hell". Sure enough I got many results with "hell" in the title field but I did not get "Vegas Again!" among those results.

Anyone else having this problem?

Well then it's hard to search just a sub-forum since using a sub-forum URL Google just crawls backwards up the URL to search all forums. You also can't display results as threads. Shame the forum search doesn't work quite right as it has all those forum-specific search options.

If you know what you're looking for, toss a few keywords into a Yahoo search. Daily Diapers shows up on most topics that I cross-reference with diapers on there. It gets irritating if you're looking for something on the internet and get redirected back to your own DD posts, but can come in handy if you're trying to find a 3 or 4-letter topic title, since the forum search doesn't like words that short...

• 1 month later...

FYI, I figured out how to get it to search entire posts not just topic titles. I still don't think it's working correctly but if you select "display as posts" instead of "display as topic list" in the advanced search it will search the entire post. The match drop down doesn't seem to have any effect on this behavior, as I stated above. Actually did it by accident since when searching forums I never use the display as posts search function as I'm usually looking for a topic not a specific post.

Weird.