LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Short Story: Sick Day

This was something I cooked up this weekend to break me out of my writing funk. It's a snapshot, really, more than a story. I hope you enjoy it.

Mama had already given me my bath, and I was cuddled up in her lap in my pajjamas watching TV when my tummy started to hurt. It wasn't super-bad at first, and I tried to just watch the Bob The Builder video she put on for me and pretend it wasn't there. It was dark out, and I knew it was close to sleepy-time, because Mama always did nice things like pet my face and stroke my back when it was getting close to sleepy-time. Finally, I looked up at her and started to speak.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" she asked, before I could say anything.

"My tummy hurts, Mama."

"Hmmm," she said, "You didn't eat much at dinner tonight. Maybe you're still hungry?"

"No Mama," I answered weakly, "My tummy's not growling, it just hurts."

She put her hand on my forehead and frowned. "You're warm, sweetie. Do you feel like you're going to throw up?"

I shook my head. She gathered me up and said "Well, then, let's get you a little Pepto and get you into bed, and hopefully you'll be okay to go to school tomorrow."

Even though my tummy hurt, it felt good when Mama carried me to the bathroom. She sat me down next to the sink and opened up the medicine chest. She brought out a bottle of pink stuff and poured some into the cap. "Open up, Scottie," she said.

I opened my mouth and she poured the liquid in. It tasted really weird, kind of sweet, but really thick, almost like glue. I swallowed it, and she smiled and said "Good boy." It made my tummy not hurt so much, even though it was pretty yucky.

She picked me back up and carried me across the hall into my bedroom. She didn't even turn the light on, but just pulled back my cover and laid me into bed. She kissed me on the forehead as she tucked me in and said "I love you, Scottie. Hope you feel better."

I looked up and said "I love you too Mama," and started to drift off to sleep.

I wasn't sure what time it was, or whether I was dreaming or not, but I remember my face was hot, my bottom was burning, my pajama bottoms were wet all over, but I still was shivering. I was scared, and I started to cry. Mama rushed in and turned the light on. She pulled my cover off and said "Oh, my, Scottie. You poor thing, let's get you cleaned up."

I didn't even realize what had happened until I felt Mama's gentle hand pull my pajamas off and carry me to the bathroom. The cold wipes on my boy parts woke me up a little, then the smell hit me. "I'm sorry Mama," I whimpered.

"Shush, now, Scottie," she said. "Mama's not mad, just worried about her sick little boy. Lie still for a minute, okay?"

I nodded through the tears, lying on a towel she laid out on the bathroom floor. She came back in and lifted my legs. I heard a familiar sound, of plastic rustling, and I cried louder. "No, Mama, I'm not a baby!"

"Scottie, you're not a baby, but you're very sick, and Mama doesn't want you to have any more accidents while you're sleeping." Her voice was soothing, and eased away the shame I felt as she taped the diaper onto me.

She picked me up and cradled me in her arms as I sniffled, and carried me to her bedroom. She laid me down on her big bed and covered me up. "I'll be right back, sweetie, you just lie here and be still, while I go clean up your bed."

I was almost asleep when she got back. She got under the covers, and I snuggled up against her as she wrapped her arm around me, and soon I was asleep again.

I woke up in Mama's big bed when the light hit my face through the window, shivering, even though my face felt very, very hot. My tummy hurt even worse when I woke up, and my bottom was burning. I reached down to rub my tommy and felt the top of the diaper, then remembered what had happened earlier that night. I started to sniffle, and tears came as I realized I had pooped again. "Mama!" I called out, terribly afraid of what was happening.

Mama rushed in, and immediately knew what happened before I could say anything. "Oh, my poor sweetie," she said. "Aren't you glad you weren't in your PJ's for that? Let's get you cleaned up, okay?"

I nodded slowly as she picked me up and carried me once more into the bathroom. She took the messy diaper off, cleaned me up, and drew a cool bath for me. Even though I was shivering, the cool water felt good against my hot skin. After the bath, Mama dried me off and unfolded another diaper. "No, Mama! Everyone in kindergarten will laugh at me!" I whined.

Mama laughed and said "Scottie, you're sick, baby. You can't go to school today! You're going to stay home with Mama and get better."

She finished taping me up, then asked "Does your tummy still hurt?" I nodded. She gave me another cup of the pink stuff, then carried me to my bedroom. She dressed me in a clean pair of pajamas, then tucked me back into bed and said "I'll be right back with some juice, sweetie. You just lie here and relax, okay?"

I nodded again, and watched as she left the room. I wasn't happy about having to stay home and wear diapers, but I did like Mama's special attention.

By the time Mama came back, I was sweating again, and didn't feel good at all. She handed me the sippy cup full of apple juice (Mama always made me drink from a sippy cup in the bed), and put her hand against my forehead. She said "Scottie! You're burning up! Drink your juice, sweetie, and Mama will be right back." I nodded my head and sipped the cold juice.

She left and came back with a wet washcloth, which she placed on my forehead as she sat down on my bed. It was cool, and felt so good against my skin. She said "Open up!" I opened my mouth and she put two red pills on my tongue. They tasted sort of like cherry. "Chew those up good!" she said. I did. They had another funny taste to them that I didn't like, and I made a face. She smiled as I drank more juice to get rid of that other taste, and said "I know they're yucky, but they'll help bring your fever down, okay?" I nodded.

Mama kissed my cheek and smiled. "If you need anything, just call me. In the meantime, try to rest, okay sweetie?" I nodded my head again. She stood up and walked to the door, and said "I love you, Scottie." as she closed it behind her. My eyes got very heavy as I lay there, and soon I was asleep again.

The next time I opened my eyes, it was to Mama's soft hand and a cold wipe on my boy parts. I looked over and saw another soiled diaper next to her as she lifted me up and put a clean one under me. I felt cold all over, even though my head was hot. I whimpered "Mama, I'm cold."

Mama looked up and said "How about some chicken soup, sweetie?" I nodded. She said "Alright, then," as she pulled my pajama bottoms back up over the clean diaper, "You sit tight and I'll be right back."

I stared out the window as the sun shone down on the snow drifts as I huddled under my blankets, lying on my side. My thumb found its way into my mouth while I waited for her to come back. Before long she came in with a tray. I sat up and smelled the hot soup, and she set the tray across my lap. There were goldfish crackers on the side of the steaming bowl - my favorite kind, and another cup of. I started to grab the spoon, but Mama took it first and filled it with broth. She blew on it carefully and said "Open up, sweetie." I dutifully opened my mouth, and Mama fed me the warm soup. I ate the whole bowl and all the crackers, and felt very warm in my belly. She handed me the cup of juice and I sucked on it, but more just played with it in my mouth. Mama smiled and ruffled my hair. "Good job eating your whole lunch, Scottie! I'll be right back - I have a surprise for you!" she said, and carried the tray out.

When she came back in, both her hands were behind her back. First, she brought her left hand around. "We need to get some more aspirin down you first, honey. I know you don't like it, but..." and opened her hand. There were two more red pills in it. I crinkled my nose at them, but opened my mouth. She popped them in, and I chewed them up quickly then drank some more juice. Those pills were SO icky!

"Good boy!" Mama said, smiling. "Now for your surprise!" She reached her right hand around and there was a big fuzzy stuffed bear! It was dark brown, with a tan nose and foot pads. I reached out and gave it a big squeeze, and it was so soft.

"Thank you Mama!" I said.

Mama reached over and hugged us both and said, "You're welcome, sweetie. That was going to be one of your Christmas presents, but I thought he might do more good helping you feel better today, and besides, you've been so good today even though you haven't felt well."

She kissed my forehead and said "Well, you're certainly not as hot as you were this morning, that's good! Take a nice nap for Mama now, and maybe when you wake up you'll feel well enough to come out and watch some TV for a while, okay?"

I looked up at her bright eyes and nodded. I didn't really feel like sleeping, but I laid back down on my pillow while Mama checked my diaper before covering me back up. "Sleep tight, sweetie." she said, and kissed me again. I squeezed my bear tight as she left the room. I put my thumb back in my mouth and stared out the window some more, imagining myself as a bear running through the snowy woods. Before I knew it, I was asleep once again.

The next time I woke up, I could feel my thumb all wrinkly against the roof of my mouth, like I had just taken a bath, and I took it out. I yawned and stretched, then I rolled over and felt the mess against my bottom, which woke me all the way up very quickly. "Mama!" I called out weakly.

Mama opened the door, smiling. "Oh good, you're awake, and you have some color too!" she said, then wrinkled her nose a bit. "And you have a mess to clean up too, huh?" I nodded slowly, hiding my face in the teddy bear.

"Oh, it's okay sweetie. It's a lot easier to clean up coming out of this end than the other end." She kissed me on the forehead and pulled the blankets away. It took her a long time to get me cleaned up, and she put a whole bunch of some smelly cream on my bottom before she powdered me and taped me back up. The cream felt nice on my bottom, as it was getting sore and itchy from all the accidents I'd had. After she finished, Mama looked down at my hand and frowned a little. I realized I still had my fist balled up and my thumb sticking out, and I folded my thumb back into my hand quickly.

"No point in hiding it, Scottie," she said. "It's as wrinkled as a prune." I looked down. "You know I don't want you ruining your teeth, sweetie," she said. She picked me up and rubbed my back and whispered "It's okay, baby. I'm sure I've got one around here somewhere." I gripped my bear tight and buried my face in her shoulder. I hadn't sucked my thumb or a binky or anything else since I started kindergarten, and I was proud to be a big boy, but I wanted nothing else more in the world than to sit in Mama's lap with a binky in my mouth and feel small.

Mama carried me into the living room and sat me down on the couch, placing a pillow behind my head. She covered me up with the throw she kept on the back of the couch and said "I'll be right back, sweetie." She kissed me on the forehead went over to the kitchen. I heard her opening drawers and moving things around, then heard the water in the sink. The water stopped, and Mama came back out with my binky, laughing. "It was a little dusty, but I cleaned it up for you, sweetie," she said.

She popped it into my mouth and turned on the TV. Between The Lions was on, one of my favorite shows. Mama asked "Are we all nice and cozy?" I nodded. "Would you like some juice?" I shook my head. "Anything else, then?"

I nodded, and took my binky out. I asked, "Can I sit in your lap, Mama?"

She smiled and said "Of course, sweetie." She lifted my head up gently and sat down on the couch. I put the binky back into my mouth, crawled back up onto her legs, and laid my head on her chest. She kissed my forehead and stroked my hair gently with her arm around me. She whispered "I know you've been sick, baby, but try to let me know if you feel like you need to potty, okay?" I looked up into her smiling eyes and nodded, then went back to watching TV.

Mama sat with me a while longer while I watched TV. A little while later, I felt my tummy rumbling, and I remembered what Mama said. "Mama?" I said as I looked up.

She looked down and knew right away. "Time for a potty break?" she asked. I nodded, and she picked me up and carried me to the bathroom. She took my diaper off and sat me on the toilet. It took a few minutes, but I did poop, and I peed too. Mama helped me clean up and said "What a good job, Scottie!" She looked in the toilet before she flushed and said "Well, it looks like you might be getting over this little bug, too."

"How do you know?" I asked.

Mama laughed. "Well, let's just say Mama knows," she said. "I think we should play it safe for a while longer, though."

I frowned. "You mean I still have to wear diapers?" I asked, sadly.

"Oh, sweetie. Remember how you felt when you woke up last night all wet and messy?" she asked. I nodded. "Would you rather feel silly because you have a diaper on, or feel like you did then?"

I looked down at the floor and mumbled "the diaper".

"That's my good boy," she said, and gave me a hug. She laid me down on a towel on the floor and put a clean diaper on me. She picked me up and carried me back out to the living room and laid me back onto the couch with a pillow behind my head. "Mama has to make dinner now, so you just rest and watch your shows, and call me if you need anything, okay?" I nodded, and she kissed my forehead. "Fever's gone down too. You might just be well enough for school tomorrow," she said, smiling.

A little while later, Mama brought me another cup of juice and some animal crackers, and I sat and watched Sesame Street, munching and sipping and starting to feel pretty good. My tummy didn't hurt anymore, and my face wasn't so hot either. After my snack, I cuddled up with Mr. Fuzz (what I decided to call my new bear) and sucked on my binky while some other shows came on that I didn't understand very well, lots of stuff about doing things with numbers and big words, and before long, I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

Mama rubbed my shoulder softly a while later and said "Dinner's ready, sleepyhead!" I opened my eyes and looked out the window, and the sun was almost gone behind the trees. I stretched and yawned, and Mama pulled my pajamas down to check my diaper. "All dry and clean. Good boy!" she praised. "Do you need to potty before dinner?" I shook my head. "Alright then," she said as she picked me up, "I made spaghetti and meatballs. Let's get to them before they get cold!"

She carried me into the kitchen and sat me down in my booster. There was a small bowl in front of me instead of my usual big plate. Spaghetti and meatballs was my favorite - I didn't understand why Mama gave me only a little bit. Mama smiled when she saw me staring at the bowl and said "Sweetie, you can always go back for more if you're still hungry, but I don't want you to feel like you have to eat so much when your tummy's been off all day."

That made sense, so I picked up my fork and started eating. Mama poured me a regular cup of milk instead of the sippy cup, and I was happy. Having Mama baby me all day was nice, but I was ready to start being a big boy again. I ate two bowls of spaghetti and drank all my milk, and we had mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. I felt very full, but my tummy still didn't hurt at all, so it was a good full feeling. Mama cuddled me on her lap after dinner while we watched a Thomas The Tank Engine video, then it was bath time. I went potty before bath, but it was just pee.

After bath time, Mama diapered me back up and said "Time for bed, sweetie."

"But it's still early, Mama!" I said.

"Yes, but you've been sick, and little boys who are sick need lots of rest," she said.

"But I don't feel sick anymore, and I've been sleeping all day!" I pouted.

Mama laughed. "I'll tell you what, Scottie. I'll read you three whole chapters from Prince Caspian tonight before bedtime. How about that?"

That was a special treat. Mama usually only read from that book on the weekends, when I didn't have school in the morning. I ran off to my bedroom and jumped into bed. I pulled the covers up and squeezed Mr. Fuzz tight. Mama came in laughing. "Would you like your binky tonight, sweetie?" she asked.

I shook my head and said "Nope! I'm all done being a baby today," and grinned a big grin.

Mama laughed and gave me a big hug. "You'll always be my baby boy, no matter how big you get", she said as she kissed my forehead.

Mama opened up the book and started to read. My mind wandered as her soft voice told stories of great armies and heroic deeds, and my eyes got heavy. I didn't even notice the light go off, but I felt Mama's lips on my cheek once again, and heard her whisper "Good night, Scottie. I love you."

I mumbled "I love you too Mama," and was soon dreaming of riding a lion into battle with Mr. Fuzz at my side.

The sun peeked into my window and I woke up early. I felt full of energy and not sick at all. I rushed out of my bedroom and ran into the kitchen. Mama was standing there in her bathrobe, drinking coffee. "Well good morning Mr. Sleepyhead! I see you're feeling much better today!" she said with a smile.

"Can I have breakfast, Mama?" I asked. I was very hungry.

"Well certainly, sweetie," she said. "Oatmeal?" I nodded with a big grin. She put some water in a bowl in the microwave and pushed some buttons, then poured me a glass of orange juice. She made apple and cinnamon oatmeal, and I ate it very quickly. After I finished my juice, Mama grinned and said "So, you ready to go to school today, or are you still too sick and need to stay home?"

"Nuh uh!" I shouted. "I wanna go to school!"

"Well alright!" Mama said in a silly voice. "Let's get that diaper off and get you ready for school!"

I ran back into my bedroom and stripped my pajamas off. I looked down and saw that I had wet my diaper, and sat on my bed. I didn't feel so energetic anymore. Instead I felt very ashamed. Mama came in and saw me sitting there staring at the floor and said "What's the matter, sweetheart?"

I looked up and said "I peed, Mama. I'm sorry!"

Mama rushed over and gave me a hug. "Oh, Scottie. There's nothing to be sorry about. You went to bed early, so you didn't get a chance to go potty when you normally do. It's okay. Aren't you glad you had that on instead of wetting the bed?" I nodded.

She kissed my cheek and said "Let's get that wet old thing off, then, and get some school clothes on." I laid down and she took the diaper off and wiped me down with a cold wipe, then with a dry washcloth. Mama picked out my clothes, and helped me get dressed. It felt funny wearing underpants again after being in a diaper all day, but I was proud to be a big boy again, and I brought Mr. Fuzz to school with me on the bus for show and tell.

It wasn't fun being sick, but spending the day with Mama and getting all that extra special attention made it a lot better.

- End -