LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Am I Getting Unlucky Or Are Certain Nappy Brands Badly Made Nowadays.

I've noticed within the last year or 2, ALL the Abena x plus clump up whether dry, damp or soaking wet.

So I've gone off them, as it's a waste of money, having packs upon packs of defective nappies.

Very recently the few Molicare Super Plus I bought from save express had exactly the same problem.

And Luckily not all of them, but some of the nappies in the pack of the Attends slip 10 super plus regular, also have that clumping problem.

I'm not too active in them, and even if I don't get off in them. The problem can still happen.

Seems to be nappies are not as well made as they were in the past. Or is just save express selling loads of bad batches...

The only ones I NEVER EVER had any clumping problem with is Tena slip maxi. And they fit me the best, keep my skin the most dry and take loads without leaking.

So in the future apart from trying nappies like Dry 24/7 I'm going to Stick with Tenas and Euron Form( also really decent)

Contifit Maxi takes absoletely loads(as much as Abena X Plus and is slightly thicker too) but then again can clump up and feels like an ecomony brand nappy so doesn't fit as well or feel as nice as say Tena.

Next to try are: Dry 24/7, ABU BMX Diaper, Fabine Exclusive (I know I can get them directly from the manufactors(Buntewindel) website which is in germany. Which will save on shipping costs to the uk.

Unique Wellness Briefs I tried a sample of before were basically very similar to Euron Form Super Plus, but more absorbant equal to an Abena X Plus, but didn't clump.

I got a bag of Abena X-Plus two weeks ago and noticed the same "clumping" problem. However, I did wear the diaper almost six hours and wet five times. So I am not complaining....

Having used Abena X-plus most nights for the last 4 years, I have seen a downturn in the quality of these recently, I have experianced the clumping you mention where the stuffing comes loose and heads south when wet.

I also have had three complete deliveries that have suffered from pinholes in the outer covering and they weep making anything that comes in contact with them wet, I have had three deliveries replaced by Abena due to this fault.

I recently got some Tens Slip Maxi and I'm really pleased with them. not only do the hold plenty, The are softer to wear and fit me snugger than the Abena.

I reckon that there is some cost cutting and also packaging problems going on at Abena because until recently I,ve had three years using them with no problems until recently.

A few years ago I was using Molicare's and liked them but they got swapped by my supplier for Abena's.

all brands go thru this bad batches, some idiot trying to save the company a buck buy using a different vendor or "similar" or "just like" part/ material

I agree - I don't exactly buy a lot, but occasionally there will be a bunch that clump or leak (or both!).

I find Abena's seem to vary the most, pretty much a whole case would either leak or clump, then some months later I'd get another case that would be fine :huh:

Currently my Tena maxi's are clumping.. just hope it's not all of them!

IMHO Cuddlz are the only consistently great nappies around - they've never clumped, leaked or split open

The worst disposable diapers ive ever tried were a brand called tender care they were the cheapest i could find at the time but ended up using them as soakers for my tena maxi the problem was thet split right down the middle at first i thought maybe i was putting them on to tight but even loose they still spilt they may be okay if you dont move around in them :girlbaby:

I havent noticed a clumping issue with my Abena Xplus, however this morning my xplus split wide open in the back shooting urine-y fluff everywhere.

It was funny yet sad at the same time.

I had this scenario happen to me in a hotel room. I'd had just gotten up out of bed and was walking to the shower when the whole thing split wide open spilling the contents all over the rug. My wife and I tried for ever to pick up all the fluff but couldn't get it all. In the end we left a 10 buck tip for the poor maid who had to deal with it...

I have found my tena ultras or supers (canadain version) have worked quite well .They are not very babish but hold up quite well !.My molis have the same prob (clumping ) and the taped are not the best .just my 2 cents :thumbsup:

I've noticed within the last year or 2, ALL the Abena x plus clump up whether dry, damp or soaking wet.

I've been sampling Abena X-Plus since mid-2004. They were very similar back then too: they just packed the absorbent fluff in between the two sheets without anything to hold it in place. The 2004 model was very similar to the 2003 model (worse, in fact: they removed a lot of the front side padding). They fixed things in the 2008/2009 model (I don't know about what happened between 2005 and 2008, sorry) where the product was actually noticeably thicker and whilst it did disintegrate, it wasn't nowhere near as bad (comparable to contemporary Tena Slip products). I've also tried the 2010 model of Abena X-Plus and they're awful (back to 2004-style disintegration).

I understand this 'fluff' material is the stuff that aids rapid absorbency. You can make a nappy out of the other stuff (as used in ABU diapers) but it just doesn't feel the same (and it doesn't 'fluff up' when dry as much either).

Remember that Abena X-Plus is meant for the bedridden, so there's no design requirement that it maintain integrity during frequent movement. That said, why don't you write a letter to Abena and ask them to fix the problem? I'm certain they don't browse these forums :)