LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Jean Diapers

Has anyone here tried the new huggies jean diapers? how are they? Do they work well?

Yes, awesome, and it depends on your expectations in that order. :) The "Huggies Jean Diapers" were first introduced last year, the packaging has changed, but I believe that the prints are the same. I'm not really a "jeans" (real jeans that is) person, but even I have to give these diapers credit: they really do look like actual jeans, and they feel like your regular baby diapers. They're identical to "regular" Huggies Little Movers except they have a "jeans" print on them. If you buy a "jumbo" bag or a "big pack" box, the quantity and price are the same as if you were buying "regular/Disney" Huggies. (The same cannot be said of last year's Cynthia Rowley Pampers which offered fewer diapers and were more expensive then "regular/Sesame Street" Pampers.) As for how well they work, see below, it really depends on your expectations.

are those really big enough for adults? I haven't tried them on my son but I've heard other people who tried them on their babies and they said they weren't that great.

Yes and no, it really depends on how you use them. If you're really, really slender, you may be able to fit into them and wear them properly. If you're not really, really slender, you can still wear these or any other baby diapers, just not in the "traditional" way. My method differs slightly from the one Angela Bauer has describe on DD many times before, but it's largely the same. Angela modifies her diapers to use as a "slip" inside of her regular underwear. Unlike Angela, I do not modify my baby diapers, but I do use them as a "slip/insert" inside of my regular underwear. (I fold the fasteners out of the way, position the diaper, and then use my underwear to hold it in place.) So to answer your first question, these can be used by adults, although most will need to use the method described above.

Huggies Jeans have had a rather positive reception from parents in my area. Many stores were restocking them frequently, so they were definitely selling. When Kimberly-Clark "discontinued" them at the end of last summer and stores were letting their stock dry up, I even overheard one (rather loud) mother on her cell phone exclaim how upset/surprised she was that these had been discontinued. Keep in mind that it was September, (Kimberly-Clark initially expected to stop selling these in mid-July according to their press release,) and the packaging did say "Limited Edition," so it's not like there wasn't any "advanced warning" to stock up on these in bulk if you really, really liked them. If your son wears other Huggies, you shouldn't have a problem with Huggies Jeans. People come in different shapes and sizes, and different diaper manufacturers cut their diapers differently. What works for one person may not work for another. From what I've been told, Pampers were useless on me when I was a baby. They leaked constantly and I supposedly suffered from severe diaper rash as a result. My mother used about three of them, and gave the rest away to another mother who she was friends with. In contrast, Huggies supposedly worked perfectly, as did Johnson & Johnson diapers, which are no longer made or sold in the United States. Again, if your son has no problems with Huggies Little Movers, he'll have no problem with the Huggies Jeans. If Huggies Little Movers don't work well for him, the Jeans will likely not work well either. I hope that you find this information useful.

As for whether or not Huggies Jeans work well for adults, that's entirely dependent on what you expect from them. I realize that these are diapers designed for children who are a fraction of my size. As a result, I expect them to perform about as well as any other baby diaper, which basically means that I expect them to hold one good wetting. I can give Huggies Jeans one really good drenching, (think of peeing right after you wake up,) and they'll hold up without a problem as long as I wet slowly. I can give them one "normal" wetting, (think of going to the bathroom in the middle of the day,) peeing as I would into the toilet, and they'll hold up without any problems whatsoever. I haven't tried it, but I could probably give them two very small wettings, (think of going to the bathroom not because you have to, but just because you want to be "empty" for a long car trip or something,) and they'd likely hold up to that as well. My point is that they do exactly what I ask of them: they hold one standard wetting, which is really all that I expect them to do. If you go in expecting to be able to wet these three times over, you're going to be in for a disappointment, if you go in expecting to be able to wet these once, you'll likely be happy with your purchase. As I said above, they work well provided that your expectations are reasonable.

Sweet, didn't know about the Babies R Us brand jeans!

pTRU1-10057199dt.jpg

Woah! If I may quote repaid1:

Got anymore secrets??? How did that slip by us??? :huh:

:huh: Indeed. I don't know how those slipped under my radar. In any case, after looking at the picture on the box, it looks like the print might be the same as those on the Huggies Jeans. My guess is that they were likely manufactured at the same factory, and that instead of stamping "Little Movers" on the back pocket, the words "Baby Blues" were stamped on these instead. I'd need to see them side-by-side to be sure, but this honestly wouldn't surprise me. It's no secret that factories frequently switch out a brand name for a "generic" product and stamp the name of the generic line on what is otherwise the same item. If this is the case, Kimberly-Clark could supposedly release "Huggies size 6 Jeans" if they thought they'd be profitable. My guess is that they have research showing that sizes 3-5 are incredibly profitable for the "Jeans" line, while sizes N, 1, and 2 are likely significantly less profitable, and size 6 is slightly less profitable. If that data were to change though, I have no doubt we'd see Kimberly-Clark add a "size 6" for the Jeans line as well. It's also worth noting that the Pure & Natural line only goes up to size 5, which would further lend credence to the theory that size 6 may be less profitable under certain situations. (I still think that size 6 in the Pure & Natural line would make sense, and I'm betting that the cost of materials is currently the hold up, much less then the demand for such diapers. The Jeans may be different, they seem to be aimed at parents of toddlers who tend to take off their pants in the summer, hence the jean print.)
  • 4 weeks later...