LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sap Crystal Experiment

I was sitting and watching TV in an XL Eurobrief. They always have crystals stuck to the outside of the diaper. I started picking them off and putting them in a little pile. I had quite a few, so before going to bed I put them in an empty 16oz spring water bottle. I added just enough water to cover the crystals. The next morning they had absorbed all of the water, swelled, and turned to little gel nuggets about the consistency of a gummy bear. There was really no point to it the experiment, just wanted to see what would happen.

I guess that means they are putting the SAP crystals on the OUTSIDE now to absorb any leaks from pinholes caused by SAP crystals poking through the backing during compression and packaging now?? :P

At work they have these crystals that turn into gel, in a spill response container. I took a little bit home and put it in my diaper and wow what an amazing thing. As the diaper absorb the wetness so did these gels. It felt like messing with out the mess. The gel just wipes right off when changing. Recommend on trying it but don't use to much gel or your diaper will explode =p

diaper4life

So, now you see the objective behind the use of such product in disposable diapers to aid in absorption. Obviously, wood pulp fiber is not going to have a very quick absorption rate, so gel-type products have been tested and used to either replace or aid in diaper absorption. That's one reason you see an infant go into the water at the beach and they come out looking like they're wearing a balloon. The US FDA has total control over product content, and where European diapers seem to act and perform far more closely to infant diapers, for whatever reason, the FDA will not allow the same blend of materials HERE for adult disposable diapers. In a head-to-head "wet off", a diaper coming out or Europe or overseas will out-perform a US made diaper every time, in total absorption and absorption rates. That's one reason so many people tend to be disappointed with so many of the US-made diapers, with good reason. More example of our government "protecting us from ourselves", as though consumer demand - or lack, thereof - wouldn't take care of whether a product is accepted and survives or disappears.

Obviously, if those crystals - which are left over and "in the environment" at the manufacturing facility - get onto the outside of the diaper or are purposely placed there, you'd still want to be wearing your plastic pants over your Eurobrief to make sure the gel is contained, rather than have the gel attach to your clothes and drag wetness to your outside clothing! LOL