LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Don'T Do What I Just Did

hahah yeah we had a major at one of my univ. Ski Industries..... the professors would assign one reading a year which could only be done IN the library, just so the students knew where it was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol, ya really depends on your major. Engineering and Physics/Bio degrees are probably the hardest.

Well the Degree thing is kind true except when you don't have job experience, it is always hardest to get a job fresh from college without some kind of internship or work experience in the field.

Many employers won't even look at your resume unless you have a 3.0 or above if you are in engineering or physical sciences.

Hey all, long time no see and all, Been busy with school.

Wake up 1PM.

homework 2pm - 6 AM

16 FUCKING STRAIGHT HOURS OF MATH HOMEWORK.

do your shit on time people.

When I was in highschool, that's just how much the algebra teacher assigned. Come home from school, get a snack and watch an hour of tv, and then spend around 12 hours on algebra homework. Pass out. Get woke up by folks, shower, drive to school on autopilot (sometimes even missing that the truck had a flat tire), suffer through another day of school, come home, get snack and watch an hour of tv, spend another 6 hours on the stupid algebra homework, then spend another 6 hours on English homework, pass out, get woke up, shower, school. Repeat until Friday.

You only can get out of school what you put into it. The more time and effort you put in, the more you get out.

I did my homework, but I didn't do much studying outside of class... I'm that s.o.b. that everyone got annoyed with because I could listen to the lesson, remember nearly all of it, and ace the quizzes and tests. But any class where I didn't fully understand it, or there was outside reading (all my history and English classes) I worked my ass off.

True, college experiences may vary. It really depends mostly on your major, but also depends on your college as well as your load. Now I won't point any fingers, but the business administration students at my university hardly had to work at all, lol. In fact, they got Fridays off. The parties on Greek row always began on Thursday nights.

I'll agree with you here for the most part. At my university, the business administration majors that specialize in marketing don't really have to work their butt off to get by. However, the finance and accounting people sure do. There are some people that can pick the stuff up faster than others, but I'm certain of one thing. You are going to have to put some time in to do as well in undergrad accounting as I did. I almost pulled out a 4.0, but narrowly missed at the end, due to a tedious tax class. Still, a 3.96 is a hell of an effort. I did it while holding down a 30 hour job.

Remember folks, the guy who graduates with a 2.0 average gets the same degree you do. The only place GPA really matters is if you plan to go to grad school. For the most part the corporate world just sees a piece of paper.

You are completely wrong. My degree said magna cum laude.In our college of business, you could not declare a business major unless you had a 2.5 GPA. Therefore there is no way for anyone to graduate with a 2.0 GPA from my school of business. How do you know what the corporate world wants? They specifically require graduates to have a certain GPA before they can even apply to positions. That's just a silly statement

as for if you want grades above 3.5 you have to work your ass off.... not so..... i hardly even went to class, did all my papers, projects etc.... last last minute.... never read the text books, was drunk for four years straight, still had a 3.73

I have no idea what you have your degree in, but I'm certain that you couldn't reach a 3.7 GPA in our accounting program without putting in considerable effort.

Remember folks: It's all relative. Just because I can do something doesn't mean that you can. Also, just because you did something, doesn't mean that I can do it. Every program, class,teacher, campus and person is different. There are no absolutes except this; If you go to my school to get your masters in accounting, you will work your ass off. Any ego that you might have will be crushed. In the words of my department chair, "It's amazing that 80% of our students get through this program." I asked him why. "Because we try to kill you." He said it straight faced and meant it. After my first semester, I thoroughly believed him.

My college's computer science program, when I was there (2000-05 -- I don't know what its like now), started with about 70-85 freshman; might have been as high as 100, but memory of those first classes is kinda fuzzy. By junior year, most classes had less than 20, with many at 7-15. Grading was so harsh that the curve usually had an A starting somewhere between 50%-70% on most exams. The profs made the department program that way; it would take someone with intellect as high as Stephen Hawking to break their curves. In my 5 years, nobody ever did; no prof had seen someone do it either. Several classes I took I was up at the top, grade wise. But, some of us studied our asses off, and some of us, it just came more natural to.

That was a hard program. I think only about half the people I knew who were consistently up at the top of the class seemed to really be buckle-down type studiers, though. Most everyone drank, something about the stress. But, many of us who were at the top also did the same type of work outside of the scope of our college programs, and more likely than not, the real world experience we were gaining was more valuable than time spent studying.

But, time put in is time spent learning. It's worth it to put the time in at school. Just gotta balance your life.

Remember folks: It's all relative. Just because I can do something doesn't mean that you can. Also, just because you did something, doesn't mean that I can do it. Every program, class,teacher, campus and person is different. There are no absolutes except this; If you go to my school to get your masters in accounting, you will work your ass off. Any ego that you might have will be crushed. In the words of my department chair, "It's amazing that 80% of our students get through this program." I asked him why. "Because we try to kill you." He said it straight faced and meant it. After my first semester, I thoroughly believed him.

that was my point about my saying you don't have to work hard... not everyone has to work hard for high marks, and not every major is as challenging as others etc....etc....etc....

what some may consider an 'easy' major is challenging for those in it, and what some consider a 'hard' major is easy for others.....

so while some can get high marks and not work hard, others do work hard for those high marks, i don't think t his speaks good or bad on either person... its just what you say, each person is different and each major is different....

You only can get out of school what you put into it. The more time and effort you put in, the more you get out.

Not always true. Our schools always treated the jocks and cheerleaders with favor. If you were in sports, you could pass without ever doing your homework... It was bad enough that about 15 of the football players from my graduating class got called out on it and had to give back their diplomas and go through another year of highschool. And they were just the ones that got called out on it... I worked my ass off in Algebra and English, and just barely ever passed those classes, because the teachers believed in giving mountains of busy work. Busy work doesn't help you understand the subject. Especially when the algebra busy work isn't even really about the equations anymore, but rather about whether or not you remembered to write down every minute step of the solving progress. Forget to write down 1+0=1? You miss the whole problem. Multiply that level of detail by 100 problems, and throw in some word problems that have to also be copied out of the book before being solved, and you've got the recipe for burnout. The english problem wasn't quite as bad, but usually required someone who didn't hate Shakespeare and understood his nonsense, or someone who had a far better internet connection than we did... Or someone who lived in town and could just walk to the library... If you're none of those, you were basically screwed.

that was my point about my saying you don't have to work hard... not everyone has to work hard for high marks, and not every major is as challenging as others etc....etc....etc....

what some may consider an 'easy' major is challenging for those in it, and what some consider a 'hard' major is easy for others.....

so while some can get high marks and not work hard, others do work hard for those high marks, i don't think t his speaks good or bad on either person... its just what you say, each person is different and each major is different....

Exactly. People learn though different means. I'm not really much of a book learner. I'm more of a "hands on" and "observational" learner. I've learned more from a week's worth of the Discovery channel than I did throughout all 12 years of school... I took art classes in later highschool to help get rid of extra homework and tended to really blow the rest of the class out of the water when it came to building stuff and working with pottery. I can't draw very well, but I can make a nice representation of what I had in mind if I have enough clay and the proper tools. I made a nice semi and found a combination of glazes that give it a similar color to the truck from Duel. I also did some Work Experience, helping one of the janitors. Generally, most of the people I've worked for have been sorry to see me leave, because I tend to do the job right. Maybe not always as fast as they'd like. But done right. And that usually means that it doesn't have to be done as often, or re-done.