LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question On *Managing* Bowel Incontinence

More a medical question, but I don't want to offend anyone as I'm not incontinent myself, so I'll post here. I've been looking for info on this but couldn't find anything but a patent mention on the idea.

So for those who are completely bowel incontinent ... I read about not being able to go out much, not going to restaurants or movies, and immediately having to change and such. I'm sympathetic and sorry for such a condition, so I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive.

My question is, wouldn't you be able to prevent messing accidents by using a plug only while in public and never more than 12 hours in a row? Understandably it would be uncomfortable at first, but certainly nowhere near as bad as actually messing in public by accident, right?

I'm curious if that is a valid management method, or if there is some reason why this wouldn't work or be dangerous? I know long-term use could be an issue causing constipation, but if you took it out frequently it shouldn't be a problem. And obviously one with IBS (painful to hold in) or only partial control issues (could exacerbate problem) wouldn't want to do this.

Bowel incontinence does NOT stop you living your life. In your post, you seem to think that it does. All it requires is a bit of planning and organization. Yes, diapers are an option, as is a colostomy bag, but most important is a way to reduce / eliminate the smell. Anything in the line of Nullo / Activated Charcoal etc works. Does a chronological baby not go out etc because he/she wears diapers. All his/her parent does is carry a diaper change bag with the baby. The adult in the same situation does exactly the same. The diapers may be a bit larger, as is the change bag, but the situation is exactly the same.

For a gamble, wear an adult diaper, with some baggy pants, and go shopping. See how many people notice that you are wearing a diaper. Most people are too consumed in their own little pathetic world to notice anything. Even if they did, the concept of a mid aged adult wearing a diaper is so far from their mind, they would never suspect. If it was a 2-7 year old who was a little fat around their butt, people ASSUME that the child was wearing a diaper or some form of protection, but an adult with a fat butt - people assume that the person needs a little exercise. However, a fat but and a reek of poop or pee, then you will be asked to leave / thrown out of an area.

This all means that if you are wearing a diaper, and are taking smell eliminating tablets etc, nobody will notice a thing. Only YOU will know that you have a wet / messy diaper.

Yes, having to change in a public toilet is inconvenient, but that is one of the challenges of being incontinent - and also one of the things you plan for and organize.

The only people that incontinent and are house bound, it is more about their mobility, or inability to get around NOT the fact of their incontinence. As stated before, there are thousands of incontinent members here, all leading productive fruitful lives, most spend their day working with others living with incontinence.

Incontinence is just a choice of underwear, not a fear of living.

• Like 2

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to imply anything of the sort. I was going off some other posts from other ICs here saying that to the "want to be IC" people, about how it tends to make some people agoraphobic and such.

I happen to agree that life is what you make of it, but not being incontinent myself I don't want to say anything about it not being so bad, so as not to offend and because frankly I don't know what it's like no matter how much I wear and 'act' 24/7. That said I wouldn't want to be bowel incontinent anyway.

My question was more, is a plug a viable option of preventing messing while in public, or is there a reason why it is not? I can't find any info on one being used in this manner, and it seems like the smartest choice, at least to me. I know first-hand those chlorophyll tablets do not really work very well.

I am not incontinent at all so I probably don't have any business posting here but honestly, I don't know a lot of people who are gonna want to walk around with a plug stuck in there tail. I mean seriously that does not even sound like an option to me. Also, I wanted to add that I think the smell of your stool is correlated with what you eat. I mean I am not a doctor nor a nutritionist (thinking about going back to school for it though) but The more fatty foods you eat the more your stool smells. Maybe I am wrong (and feel free to correct me) but a tablet is only going to do so much and if your consuming large amounts of MacDonald and things like that than it will stink regardless but with a combination of chlorophyll tablets, eating a healthier diet (I know no one is perfect) and drinking more water you probably could completely eliminate smell and that is really the biggest problem with being out in public. at that point your the only person who knows that your messy/wet. Honestly, a butt plug to prevent accidents just seems not only uncomfortable but it doesn't even seem like a serious option. Even if it was, I think that I would rather change my diet a little, drink more water and mess myself in public than walk around with a tampon in my backside all day! lol not even a viable option. Actually, now that I think about it, having something stuck up my backside all day seems like it might be more torture than just using a diaper. actually I think that it might be toxic to hold that in for to long. it is healthier to just release it anyways (stating that you change with in a reasonable time).

It's kind of like wearing a diaper in public. The first time you know it's there and can't stop thinking about it, but eventually you forget you're even wearing one. If you use a plug enough, you won't even notice it after a while. I'd consider it less unpleasant than the feeling of being messy when you don't want to be.

The food thing is probably true. Speaking from personal experience, I haven't been able to change my diet to help with heartburn, I'd rather just take the omeprazole and calcium tablets than eat things I do not like. But for reducing smells, adjusting diet would have a higher importance.

As far as keeping it in possibly being bad, definitely, but consider that's what continent people automatically do for 8-24 hours a day :) It would be used until you needed to go, and taken out for that, and put back in after. It'd basically simulate the closed muscle and give you a form of continence, or control.

Blocking any orifice in the body can be fatal. Your anus needs to be able to relieve pressure, and a butt plug, although for a short term, might seem like a good idea, the long term effects will be to stop the digestive process and cause an internal pressure to build up to the point of explosion. As a result, a butt plug is not a solution or remedy to bowel incontinence. It can, to some, create bowel incontinence due to stretching and maybe damaging the anal sphincters.

Clorophyl tablets, for some, don't work due to the persons diet. However, activated charcoal, after 2-3 days, do work.

• Like 1

Clorophyl tablets, for some, don't work due to the persons diet. However, activated charcoal, after 2-3 days, do work.

A butt plug to solve incontinence while in public is just crazy to me. I mean seriously don't get me wrong, I personally don't mind anal play myself but seriously walking around wiith a plug in your tail is a lil crazy. I will ask though depending only on chlorophyle or activated charcoal tablets is probebly not good for your body right?

The food thing is probably true. Speaking from personal experien haven't been able to change my diet to help with heartburn, I'd ra just take the omeprazole and calcium tablets than eat things I do like. But for reducing smells, adjusting diet would have a higher importance.

Eating a healthier diet is important an healthy does not mean eating things you don't like. I am not saying to become a vegan. Eating healthier can be as simple as eating more lean meat, watching how Much red meat you eat, eating less fastfood, drinking more water during the day, saving soda for later...etc I mean I think (and again no one is perfect and i love steak more than you have a clue) that with a healthy combo of eating better and tablets, it can be way more manegable and more comfortable than just poping in a butt plug. Seriously try spending your entire day with a plug in your hole stretching it open all day, sitting down as it creates more preasure..etc (not to get graphic) but yeah, not a good option. Besides, it is important to eat healthier anyways. A healthy diet solves a lot and makes for a better life. :)

You know what? I think I want to to go back to collage and become a nutritionist! I am starting to understand how important that is.

I've heard of people wearing them 23/7 in BDSM relationships, so I don't think it's likely to cause any serious harm. But that is pretty rare, so perhaps that is a valid point.

And yes, small chance it may cause incontinence which is bad, but if you already are, it'd be like a bladder incontinent person turning down that magnet-powered catheter drain device because it might make them incontinent. But if it's not a muscle issue already, it could worsen things by making two problems instead of one.

Only bad thing I've heard about chlorophyll tablets is that it removes some of the good digestive bacteria, but not enough to be dangerous.

Okay, so to understand:

1. it's too uncomfortable

2. can potentially have bad health effects

3. charcoal beats chlorophyll in reducing smells anyway

I guess if it were practical there'd be more examples of management in this fashion. Thanks for the input, guys.