LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Have Problems With Abu?

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems ab universe? i ordered a pack of lg cushies and i think they where the wrong size i contacted them about the issue and they have not contacted me sence. i have left several messages and sent several emails and still nothing. anyone have any advise? thanks.

It's strange that they did not return your contact. If you have another email address to send it I would try that. Many common email addresses are marked as spam by filters and that may be the reason. If you do get into contact with them, they will handle your issue, I have never had any problems with them myself but I do ask them questions a lot and always get a reply.

This is why samples are important. ;)

on weekdays they have a thing on there website where you can chat live 1 on 1 with them. and they do reply to emails on weekends and overnights as well so you can get a reply back at anytime. They reply back to all my emails with in 24 hours most of the time its within 2 hours they are fast at getting back to there emails. how long has it been since you sent your first email?

• Like 1

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems ab universe? i ordered a pack of lg cushies and i think they where the wrong size i contacted them about the issue and they have not contacted me sence. i have left several messages and sent several emails and still nothing. anyone have any advise? thanks.

Short answer: Yes. Many people have had problems with them. Since there are many threads detailing those problems, I'll not go into detail here.

Hopefully, the issue is just that the spam filter got you. Perhaps try sending from another E-mail address, as Luvsgurl suggested, and you might just get a response that way. :)

on weekdays they have a thing on there website where you can chat live 1 on 1 with them. and they do reply to emails on weekends and overnights as well so you can get a reply back at anytime. They reply back to all my emails with in 24 hours most of the time its within 2 hours they are fast at getting back to there emails. how long has it been since you sent your first email?

I could go on and on with how much I love their customer service. :P So don't get me started, they are more accommodating than most businesses I have encountered in the US.

• Like 1

I agree, they have always answered my questions prompltly. When I live chat with them they are knowlagable with my order and give me the info that I need. As has been suggested try live chating with them.

• Like 1

the few times i do order form them, i never have any issue. The only issue I have is the price of some of their stuff.

There price is not that bad A 40 pack of there Super Dry Kids with shipping only come to 61 Dollars may even be cheaper for someone that lives closer to them. I am on the east coast.and when you order stuff they give you coupon codes to use on your next order that bring the coast down even more!! and they will even send 15-20% off codes to people that are in there mailing list. and they dont charge any more for there size large diaper that is a big savings right there for anyone that wears a size large because Bambino charges much more for there larger diapers. so NOT only is ABU cheaper then Bambino there Customer service is all so much better at Bambino I can think of many emails that have never been replied to but at ABU they reply back to every email good or bad..

• Like 1

There price is not that bad A 40 pack of there Super Dry Kids with shipping only come to 61 Dollars may even be cheaper for someone that lives closer to them. I am on the east coast.and when you order stuff they give you coupon codes to use on your next order that bring the coast down even more!! and they will even send 15-20% off codes to people that are in there mailing list. and they dont charge any more for there size large diaper that is a big savings right there for anyone that wears a size large because Bambino charges much more for there larger diapers. so NOT only is ABU cheaper then Bambino there Customer service is all so much better at Bambino I can think of many emails that have never been replied to but at ABU they reply back to every email good or bad..

I've never had the issues that you have had with Bambino. They've never taken over 24 hours to answer one of my E-mails. It's really nice to know that ABU is getting so inexpensive, though! It seems like they're trying to do good things to make up for their rather shady history.

I've never had the issues that you have had with Bambino. They've never taken over 24 hours to answer one of my E-mails. It's really nice to know that ABU is getting so inexpensive, though! It seems like they're trying to do good things to make up for their rather shady history.

A good company doesn't start off perfect, but strives for perfection. ;) ABU listens to their customers, which is something most businesses (not just AB/DL and diapers) have serious problems with. I have had a few unanswered emails from Bambino myself, I know it's not their spam filter because some do get answered. But this doesn't inherently say they are a bad company. Product-wise it's matter of opinion, ABU tailors their products based on popular opinion of their regular customers (a wise move actually) and this leads to many innovations, but at a higher cost, which most of us are willing to pay for. Bambino makes their products as dressed up versions of another one, which can lead to savings for some, but not always. The important thing is that both these companies stay in business, because they offer something most others do not: choices.

• Like 2

A good company doesn't start off perfect, but strives for perfection. ;) ABU listens to their customers, which is something most businesses (not just AB/DL and diapers) have serious problems with. I have had a few unanswered emails from Bambino myself, I know it's not their spam filter because some do get answered. But this doesn't inherently say they are a bad company. Product-wise it's matter of opinion, ABU tailors their products based on popular opinion of their regular customers (a wise move actually) and this leads to many innovations, but at a higher cost, which most of us are willing to pay for. Bambino makes their products as dressed up versions of another one, which can lead to savings for some, but not always. The important thing is that both these companies stay in business, because they offer something most others do not: choices.

I agree that competition is good for everybody. ABU's history is VERY shady and if they've moved past that, it will be better for everybody. When they were new, it didn't seem like they were actually part of the community they were catering to (allying with D-Ker, etc.) but they seem to have been better about things lately.

We'll see about how things go with this sample. :)

• Like 1

I agree that competition is good for everybody. ABU's history is VERY shady and if they've moved past that, it will be better for everybody. When they were new, it didn't seem like they were actually part of the community they were catering to (allying with D-Ker, etc.) but they seem to have been better about things lately.

We'll see about how things go with this sample. :)

The only problem I have seen is the manufacturer ignoring them once. ;)

the one time i emailed them to tell them about the sizing problem... the email i got implied i was fatter than i thought.. or rather a larger size than i thought..... i offered to send them a picture of the measuring tape around my waist/hips, along with how a molicare, abena and tena large all fit me quite fin and how their abu large barely tapes...

i never heard back.

So yes, I had a bad experience with them... and I personally will not be purchasing again from them anytime soon.

I also know I am not the only person who has an issue with their inadequate sizing. ...

• Like 2

Again, what people seem to keep forgetting, the Cushies and SDKs are replicas of actual baby diapers, ones made for adults by design are different, and fit different. For one thing the adult butt sizes are larger than the waist sizes, so a 36 inch waist size will be about a 40 inch butt size. So just because it will fit your waist doesn't mean it will fit the rest of your body. Now, before you go and say "but my butt is still only ..." ... think about it, a child's body is far less curvy than an adult's most times (some of us are exceptions). Also your joints are actually different and bend at different angles, this can alter what size fits, and is the real reason for different shapes in adult and child garments. Again, and why this seems like such a bother to some people, this is what samples are for. Fortunately there are not dressing rooms to try on diapers before you buy them, like clothing stores have, and adult body shapes vary too much for anything to be one size fits all, most made for adult clothing (diapers to) do not fit me well at all actually. Also shipping errors do happen with ALL companies, most just ignore them completely and treat you like it's all your fault, at least ABU has actually responded to these complaints in some way. But again, size may not be the actual problem you are dealing with, it may be shape as well. I have a flat shape, far less curvy than an adult, something to do with hormone levels as I grew up not being correct .... this makes the shape of ABU's diapers perfect for me, note the "for me," this does not mean they will be perfect for everyone.

• Like 2

Kitten: I'm not sure Replica is the word you're looking for here. They aren't directly analogous to any specific baby diaper and there is no one quintessential baby diaper for them to be a replica of. If they are a replica of a specific brand, they definitely do not advertise it. I know ABU uses this word too but since there's not anything that it's specifically a replica of, that is not the correct word. A replica replicates. It is a copy in the most literal sense and needs a source.

However, it is very accurate to say that ABU takes the traits of most baby diapers and scales them for an adult body.

Kitten: I'm not sure Replica is the word you're looking for here. They aren't directly analogous to any specific baby diaper and there is no one quintessential baby diaper for them to be a replica of. If they are a replica of a specific brand, they definitely do not advertise it. I know ABU uses this word too but since there's not anything that it's specifically a replica of, that is not the correct word. A replica replicates. It is a copy in the most literal sense and needs a source.

However, it is very accurate to say that ABU takes the traits of most baby diapers and scales them for an adult body.

Actually, they are almost identical to the brand that was common back when and where I grew up, from memory as a teenager of the ones I wrongfully stole ... from my sister's dolls. I don't remember the brand name, but the shape is the same, other than the colors and tapes, they are pretty much identical. ;)

Actually, they are almost identical to the brand that was common back when and where I grew up, from memory as a teenager of the ones I wrongfully stole ... from my sister's dolls. I don't remember the brand name, but the shape is the same, other than the colors and tapes, they are pretty much identical. ;)

What brand is that? :P

What brand is that? :P

Thus is the problem with memory ... and why I said "almost" instead of "for certain". >.< The only thing I can remember is what they felt like and how they fit. My body is so strange it hasn't changed shape since then, just size,

Thus is the problem with memory ... and why I said "almost" instead of "for certain". >.< The only thing I can remember is what they felt like and how they fit. My body is so strange it hasn't changed shape since then, just size,

You're not the only one. :P

Their shape and texture is nothing like anything I wore as a child, at least.

If you ask if you've had great service, sure I have. Others may not have. If you ask enough people, with nearly any company, you'll find someone who had service they didn't think was up to par. Keep in mind, you'll often find people to complain about a company before you have someone who'll praise them as it's seemingly human nature to want to tell the world of your bad experience before you talk about the good one. I will say, from what I've heard by many members here, that ABU may not be the A++++ company to deal with but I wouldn't say they're terrible either from what I've heard. You gotta keep in mind too what kind of operation this is. It's not a multi-million dollar outfit with a hundred employees. It's more a mom and pop, working out of the basement type business so it's gotta be tough to probably please everyone and get back to them instantly when an issue arises. I would say they should try as hard as they can to continue to grow but it's likely not always that easy. We are a pretty demanding bunch of diaper wearers. :) Just remember, if you ask anyone about any business if they've had "problems with xyz", you'll find someone. Some more than others but take it with a grain of salt especially if the issue isn't all that big a deal in the whole spectrum of things. Yeah, they may have taken a week to get back to you but again, look at the size of the operation.

As for the sizing, some may say that ABU's sizing is off. I just have to reiterate this point. I just measured my ABU cushies front and back panels. Fact: the front was 29" across and the back 28" across totalling 57". ABU says the large, they'll fit a 52" waist. From the measurements I just took, the diapers definitely will fit someone with a 52" waist. Problem is, there's a few people here who think that just because their waist is 52" but their ass is much bigger, they should fit. HELLO McFly, anyone in there???? If you have a bubble but, don't expect the diapers to fit then. Everyone who wears adult diapers knows most sizes go off hip sizes. Sure, maybe they should say "hip size" instead of waist but a genius does not have to figure out if they measure around the largest part of where the diaper will cover and your number's larger than 52", IT'S PROBABLY NOT GOING TO FIT!!!! DUH!

Just my two cents anyway.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Again, what people seem to keep forgetting, the Cushies and SDKs are replicas of actual baby diapers, ones made for adults by design are different, and fit different. For one thing the adult butt sizes are larger than the waist sizes, so a 36 inch waist size will be about a 40 inch butt size. So just because it will fit your waist doesn't mean it will fit the rest of your body. Now, before you go and say "but my butt is still only ..." ... think about it, a child's body is far less curvy than an adult's most times (some of us are exceptions). Also your joints are actually different and bend at different angles, this can alter what size fits, and is the real reason for different shapes in adult and child garments. Again, and why this seems like such a bother to some people, this is what samples are for. Fortunately there are not dressing rooms to try on diapers before you buy them, like clothing stores have, and adult body shapes vary too much for anything to be one size fits all, most made for adult clothing (diapers to) do not fit me well at all actually. Also shipping errors do happen with ALL companies, most just ignore them completely and treat you like it's all your fault, at least ABU has actually responded to these complaints in some way. But again, size may not be the actual problem you are dealing with, it may be shape as well. I have a flat shape, far less curvy than an adult, something to do with hormone levels as I grew up not being correct .... this makes the shape of ABU's diapers perfect for me, note the "for me," this does not mean they will be perfect for everyone.

So I should count myself fortunate that, despite my well-stocked beer gut, I have a cracker-ass? :roflmao: