LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diapers?

im looking at picking up some cloth diapers for night wear. im wanting some good bulk, i love the feeling.

needing some that can be shipped to canada.

whats everyones pick?

I use the night time diapers from AdultClothDiaper.com

They get pretty thick after a few washings.

(the wash and dry cycle DOES fluff them up quite a bit..)

I have tried cloth diapers from Babykins, Comco and BabyPants - AdultClothDiaper.com diapers

are thicker... well, at least the "Nighttime" diapers are. I have not tried their regular,

daytime diapers.

They use to offer a discount if you ordered 6 or more, I think they still do.

I recommend you get 36x36 heavy weight birdseye diaper squares from Granitsmith on eBay. Less than $30 a dozen delivered. That's what I use. I stuff them with gauze baby diapers with extra thickness in front, back, in the crotch,or on the sides as needed. Likely under $14 a dozen at your local department store. This quantity in combination will give you at least three night time thick diapers. You will need pins and plastic pants. Babykins are the best plastic pants made in Canada.

You can easily exceed 200 uses of each diaper set, ie. washable, reusable. So that's like 600 diapers for $44, or about $0.07 a diapering, maybe even less, spread over a couple years.

If you can do laundry, this is the economical way to go. You can always use a disposable for variety, traveling, etc.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I recommend you get 36x36 heavy weight birdseye diaper squares from Granitsmith on eBay. Less than $30 a dozen delivered. That's what I use. I stuff them with gauze baby diapers with extra thickness in front, back, in the crotch,or on the sides as needed. Likely under $14 a dozen at your local department store. This quantity in combination will give you at least three night time thick diapers. You will need pins and plastic pants. Babykins are the best plastic pants made in Canada.

You can easily exceed 200 uses of each diaper set, ie. washable, reusable. So that's like 600 diapers for $44, or about $0.07 a diapering, maybe even less, spread over a couple years.

If you can do laundry, this is the economical way to go. You can always use a disposable for variety, traveling, etc.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I sew my own with a terrycloth center-soaker inside based on these ;) You can't beat their prices and the transaction and quality are worth it- great people to buy these diapers from :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

im looking at picking up some cloth diapers for night wear. im wanting some good bulk, i love the feeling.

needing some that can be shipped to canada.

whats everyones pick?

If you want diapers sent to Canada, why not try looking at Babykins in Richmond, BC or Gabbys in Calgary.

They both have good quality diapers.

A big problem with adult cloth diapers is price as compared to baby diapers. Using the prefold as an example DSQ (so-called "Diaper Service quality) baby diapers run around $US2.00 each, $US 22-25 a dozen (Ebay). These are very thick. "regular" baby prefolds run about $US150 each. $US 15-18 a dozen (Ebay) Now if things hold to scale Adult regular diapers should be no more than $US 4-6 and extra thick (the equivalent of DSQ) should be no more than $US 6-9. Try and find that. I think adult pre-folds start at about $US15

In terms of flat's there ought be really two kinds the equivalent of 27x27 and 21x40. To get the adult equivalent, just double the size.

Another off-scale price is rubber panties. Adult size prices should be at most 3 times that of baby sized. not $US 14-25

This tells me that Adult size cloth diapers and rubber panties are very niche market.

There are ways to beat the system and that is to resort to DIY. I am in very unconventional diapers. When I was little, there was very little in the way of post-toddler (4 years old+) except as very esoteric specialty diapers that involved doctors and most parents did not wish to get involved with that. pre-folds and other baby diapers were not really adequate to the needs of a 6-year old so may mothers improvised. The family I was a litte girl with had a real little girl who still needed diapers at night and we were both diapered in the afternoon when I was over, to cut down on the use of the bathroom for peeing (in 1952, a $6 water bill was a big thing and having two pre-8 year olds could really flush up a storm in the course of 4-1/2 hours). The mother worked in a dress shop and could sew really well and most mothers could sew competently. Her solution was to make our diapers from pre-folds by attaching 3 togehter two the long way and the third at a 90 degree angle attached at the point where the first two joined. This alos had the advantage of needing only a single pin. So from 1 doxen pre-folds you could get 4 diapers. What I am in used that idea, exept that it uses 4 diapers, the original 2 attached the long way and two at 90 degrees attached at each sdie at one end so that it is like a T. I get 3 diapers per dozen baby diapers. That makes, using DSQ's about $US 8 each and "regular" $US 6 each. This diaper has quite a bit of overlap of the sides, so there was room to grow. In the original, the ones that fit me at age 6-3/4 still fit me when I was almost 10 and stayed over at night (the house was very oddly constructed. The bedrooms were in a loft that you goet at by a ladder, which was pulled up and the bathroom was in an odd place so the youngest real girl and I were diapered for bed)

Christine, adult cloth ones are more like 20-30 USD now. ;) That's EACH. The prices are outrageous and beyond my price range, not to mention laundering costs.

I believe you 100% That shows how long it has been since I have been diaper shopping but I thought I did see adult prefolds at about $15 recntly. Anyway, that is the price of a dozen baby prefolds. I have heard of 36x36 adult flats for under 25/dozen but you probably need to use 3 or 4 for any kind of realistic holding power unless they are super thick.

Back in the 1980's (BACK in the 1980's? Now THAT is scary!) I tried some of those and after two full wettings they needed to be changed. They only ones that did not were the Edley Enterprises. Even the vaunted DPF Baby Heaven did not have staying power to last a full night.

Some stores do sell dipaer flannel but that must be about $US5/yd

Another off-scale price is rubber panties. Adult size prices should be at most 3 times that of baby sized. not $US 14-25

Daddy bought me 2 sets of 3 for $9 a set from Dr. Leonard's http://www.drleonards.com/Health-Products/Incontinence-Products/Waterproof-Pants/75022.cfm?clickSource=MIN_0400_108900 They have them buy one set, get one set free. That makes them 6 for $9.

What was the material like, I get the impression that it was thin and grainy

Very few of the rubber panty places describe the material or the lenght and crotch width

What was the material like, I get the impression that it was thin and grainy

Very few of the rubber panty places describe the material or the lenght and crotch width

I think they're really good. They fit nicely. (I got the x large ones to have plenty of room for a thick diaper.) They hold minor leaks. They're a nice thicker vinyl, not flimsy at all. They're not the softest I've ever had, but overall, they're a super wonderful product.

I can post pics of them if you'd like.

You have not described how the material feels

also what do you wear for diapers? that makes a difference. I am put in thick cloth diapers

I really like the ones fron adultclothdiaper.com they sell birdseye and gauze baby kins only sells flannel. when i was growing up in the late 70's and 80's most babies wore birdseye and gauze and most diaper services used gauze