LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

National Geographic'S Episode Of "Taboo - Fantasy Lives" Covers Ab'S

Hi Kelly!

I tried to send this as a PM, but it seems your message box is full...which is expected I guess for someone who is a mommy :D

Anyways, I saw this note to Stanley, and I just wanted to let you know he doesn't come here to DD very often, since he has had poor experiences with other sites like this (IE DPF) anyways, I copied the URL to this page and sent him an email about it, so he could pop in to check it out. I considered a copy and paste for the email so he wouldn't have to log in, but I figured that was kind of invasive.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know I forwarded the information for you, and to thank you for writing such an open and sweet letter :)

Have a great week and I am sure Stanley will get back to you either through a PM or comment on DD....'k?

{{{{{{{{HUGS!!!}}}}}

qwack

Well... Huffpo did an article on it today which was linked on Fark as well...

Here's the Huffpo article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/03/adult-baby-national-geographic-taboo_n_857074.html

Warning: While the article itself is pretty levelheaded, the comments are absolutely disgusting, from vile insults to folks accusing him of being a Democrat or Republican (yes, really. How stupid) to people actually saying that Stanley deserves to die. Ugh.

The fark comment thread is a bit more even-handed, but not as much as it should be.

reading the comments on Youtube about this is pretty much the same, they run the gamut from supportive to ignorant and rude as you have noticed. Stanley said he was expecting this, so it's no surprise. In reading a lot of them, I found myself laughing at the utter ignorance and blatant stupidity of many of them...it's like he had committed some heinous crime or something.....but no one MADE these people watch the episode...so they only have to be upset at themselves for exposing themselves to a program that upsets them to begin with :P

Thanks for keeping tabs on this though...:thumbsup:

Hello All,

I don't sweat the comments on Huffington Post, Youtube.com or any other places. Everyone is entitled to thier thoughts. I know I don't hurt anyone doing it, and am not breaking the law. But thanks all for the kind words. For those who are trying to get ahold of me, my direct e-mail is Stanley_19802@yahoo.com. Probably should have put that out earlier. Anyhow, thanks everyone. Take care. :)

-Stanley

Hello All,

I don't sweat the comments on Huffington Post, Youtube.com or any other places. Everyone is entitled to thier thoughts. I know I don't hurt anyone doing it, and am not breaking the law. But thanks all for the kind words. For those who are trying to get ahold of me, my direct e-mail is Stanley_19802@yahoo.com. Probably should have put that out earlier. Anyhow, thanks everyone. Take care. :)

-Stanley

And there ya go! :thumbsup:

Hello All,

-Stanley

It's in your profile guy, Inquiring minds can find it :P Thanks for the show, and your efforts. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

If that doesnt work, here is a link Stanley sent me for his youtube page, As long as it is up.

thttp://www.youtube.c...h?v=tWAjAz3tpF0

enjoy

Also, since it is posted here ^above^ can't DD pull it off here for the vid section?? or does Stanley have to send it to him directly??

Inquiring minds ya know?? :P

If that doesnt work, here is a link Stanley sent me for his youtube page, As long as it is up.

enjoy

Also, since it is posted here ^above^ can't DD pull it off here for the vid section?? or does Stanley have to send it to him directly??

Inquiring minds ya know?? :P

I have a YouTube Ripper, which can download it. The thing I was saying is Stanley may not have rights to his own show. Therefore legalisms and such may apply for copyright. IF he does indeed own rights to said video, then yes I'm sure Mike would want to have it. The reason I asked for Stanley to send the file direct, was if YouTube pulls the vid, and that the raw file Stanley has may be a bit better in quality.

P.S. I edited your link (added a "t") as there is no sense in having two of the same thing in the thread!! :rolleyes:

Opppsie! :blush: My comp is a bit slow, so I didn't catch that it was the same link....or maybe it's the guy at he keyboard thats slow :blush:

Also, I have some 'family' members on my face book page who mentioned this video...it's really weird seeing that and NOT being able to say a WORD about it :blush: Just watch and read and laugh (sorry)

anyways.....so....yeah..

Hello,

Ducky, don't sweat laughing at family and friends comments on your Facebook page. I totally understand what sometimes needs to be done to keep the this lifestyle secret. So yea, no hard feelings at all ducky. :)

As for the video, I had recorded the Taboo episode on my VCR. I have a attachment that take the audio and video cables and turns it into a USB connection. It's called Dazzle. I only saw one box for it at a store and got it. Never seen another product like it yet. Anyway, I hooked up the VCR to my computer and used the Dazzle product to rip a .MPG. It came out to be 155MB. Too big to e-mail. Youtube's limit was 2GB. More than enough to upload to. Which is why I choose Youtube. I wanted to get the who AB portion of the episode out there, because the 5 minute clip put out on TV, doesn't tell near the whole story and really makes it seem like I role play baby 24 hours a day. And that just isn't true. As for clip ownership, I am not a lawyer, so I don't know if even if I was the subject on the show, if I actually have any ownership to it. But hey, as long as the youtube video is up, take advantage to see it. Take care everyone. :)

-Stanley

by the way stanley, that high chair looked pretty cool, i bet you could make some money selling those... just you know, not more than $1000 a month, so you still get ur SSI check..... Especially if you could fashion it so it looked like say a deck chair for a porch and the tray comes off and on....

• Like 1

Hello,

Ducky, don't sweat laughing at family and friends comments on your Facebook page. I totally understand what sometimes needs to be done to keep the this lifestyle secret. So yea, no hard feelings at all ducky. :)

As for the video, I had recorded the Taboo episode on my VCR. I have a attachment that take the audio and video cables and turns it into a USB connection. It's called Dazzle. I only saw one box for it at a store and got it. Never seen another product like it yet. Anyway, I hooked up the VCR to my computer and used the Dazzle product to rip a .MPG. It came out to be 155MB. Too big to e-mail. Youtube's limit was 2GB. More than enough to upload to. Which is why I choose Youtube. I wanted to get the who AB portion of the episode out there, because the 5 minute clip put out on TV, doesn't tell near the whole story and really makes it seem like I role play baby 24 hours a day. And that just isn't true. As for clip ownership, I am not a lawyer, so I don't know if even if I was the subject on the show, if I actually have any ownership to it. But hey, as long as the youtube video is up, take advantage to see it. Take care everyone. :)

-Stanley

Dazzel??? Damn that's old school, still running XP??l!! Just teasing Stanley! ( My buddy had one 4 years ago) Anyway you had to sign something to have the show aired. In that paperwork should give or not give you any "copyright" to the airing or ownership of the same. Not sure if you were paid or compensated, nor do I care. But simply if you do not own the show, you can and might be sued! And I will tell you that sucks as you did it. But you should know what you can and can't do pertaining to your work. I would err on the side of caution if you are not privy with the legal side of things. Just trying to help ya out there guy, but you might want to wait till our legal angel can chime in, as I am no Lawyer either..... Angela???? :whistling:

I'm going to take a wild guess here and just mention that he's not selling anything here, nor does he gain anything from the vid finantially or otherwise. It's just there. If he was using it as a promotional tool for self promotion and getting finantial gain in somesort, THEN maybe they can get him for something. But just passing a video around for free is pretty benign...to me anyways.

*Shrug*

kudo's to stanley !! .People cam complain all they want about his weight or what he does !or the way the program was presented ! ,But i do not see anyone else stepping up to the plate to put themselves out there (me included) so yay for stanley !! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 1