LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Oops! My Picture Made The News!

funny how the news artical is about a bi-yearly gay gathering yet the put a picture of a straight couple. hee hee hee. you going again in the spring?

Hi guitar!

Yes, I suppose your point there is a bit ironic. On the other hand, it is supposed to be "diversity" weekend and all are welcome, even if most are of the GLBT persuasion.

Yeah, we're going. The missus is already looking forward to it and 'planning'.

Are you going to make it?

Ruffles

Well Ruffles,

Shelley and I are trying to have enough saved to attend, perhaps we'll see you there.Vic :beer:

Vic, that would be wonderful! I have always enjoyed reading your posts and you seem like a really nice guy (when not pushed ;) ).

Contact me if there's any information you need. On Friday there's what they call a "Greet & Meet" at the Sherwood Forest. It's an informal get-together. I think this time they're going to have chili. There's booze too for those who imbibe. Usually most folks bring something, sort of like a pot-luck. They recommend this a lot to first-time "diversers". We went and it really helps to get to know some of the regulars and unwind. They're great people. I was dressed as "Heather" that day but was in full ruffles on Saturday, as seen in the picture. This was the very first time I had "gone public" and believe me when I say I was NERVOUS. All turned out just fine.

If your plans become definite, let us know and we'll make sure to make arrangements so that we can all find each other.

Good luck!

Ruffles

This makes me think back... the last time I was in the paper (well, a picture of me, anyway), I had stolen the spotlight from a friend of mine at a high school forensics compeition. I knew there was a photographer from the paper there, so I proceeded to demonstrate how to get a picture of yourself taken even if you are talking complete nonsense by making overly animated gestures. It worked. Unfortuately it was at like 8 am and I'm not a morning person... and I had misbuttoned my shirt that morning. Served me right for stealing the spotlight.

This makes me think back... the last time I was in the paper (well, a picture of me, anyway), I had stolen the spotlight from a friend of mine at a high school forensics compeition. I knew there was a photographer from the paper there, so I proceeded to demonstrate how to get a picture of yourself taken even if you are talking complete nonsense by making overly animated gestures. It worked. Unfortuately it was at like 8 am and I'm not a morning person... and I had misbuttoned my shirt that morning. Served me right for stealing the spotlight.

ha! in highschool we had a school paper too. and one day i was asked to pose for a picture with my guitar. (i brought it to school a lot) i said ok and did a pose but she said, "no in mr. taylor's class." i agreed not knowing exactly why they wanted the picture to be taken in his class until i got there. there was my package of diapers on the desk they took from my locker!

no just kidding hahahaha

anyway, i get to mr taylor's class and there is a new podium they tell me to stand behind. the fucking story was about the podium one of the janitors made for him. I WAS A PROP!

Now Morv, that was naughty of you. I can't believe that you did that. Wait a minute, this is Morv we're talking about here; yes I can. ;)

Just teasin' babe.

story was about the podium one of the janitors made for him. I WAS A PROP!

That was rude as hell (of the photographer, not your post). I think I would have been more than a little put out. :angry:

Doesn't life throw you some lemons sometimes. <_>

***hugs***

Ruffles

Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear on that -- it wasn't the school paper I was in, it was the local newspaper. Thousands of people got a copy of that delivered to them.

And actually, now that I think about it, I had a picture of me in the paper two times since then, actually. Once when I earned my Eagle Scout rank, and I may have a second time when my brother did. (I believe it was a picture of my brother, my dad, and me together both times. Might not have been for my brother's, but I think it was.)

I made my University's paper several times while I was in college -- but never by name. I was in the police blotter at least once a year... it just so happens that except for the one time I was on the right side of the law, they never actually knew it was me they were writing about.

it was the local newspaper. Thousands of people got a copy of that delivered to them.

This reminded me of another, somewhat embarrassing time, my picture made the front page of a newspaper.

BUSTED!

It was some years ago that while as a flight instructor, I would take over the controls if I saw something interesting that I wanted to check out (which usually meant flying MUCH lower than what I would have my student doing).

We were flying over a semi-rural area and I spotted this guy walking all by himself along the top of a flood-control levy. I said to my student, "Here, give me the controls; I'm going to make this guy duck."

So were down with maybe only ten feet of air between our wheels and the ground, heading straight for this guy. He had stopped and was watching our approach and just when were getting close, he swings up this huge camera with zoom lens that looked like the weight alone would rupture a horse and snaps a shot.

As it turns out, he was one of the reporters for the local paper who was walking out to an area that was well known as a dumping place of stolen, post-stripped cars. I know as I had patrolled it on more than one occasion for the police, looking for any lately missing vehicles (I was well-known as having a passion for low-level flying).

Sure enough, next days paper, there I am right on the front page. That was a REAL GOOD zoom lens too! No problem at all in identifying the pilot.

I received a rather dubious look from my boss on THAT one.

Cheers!

Ruffles