LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Curious...

Guest Baby Tiana

Guest Baby Tiana

I was wondering today, what would you name your child? Would you give it a formal name like Catherine if it were a girl. Or would you go for a name that's unisex?

Personally if I had a girl I would name her Shawn. I was talking with a retired lawyer a year or so ago and she was telling me that most credit card companies and other places only send things to the male in the household, so it's hard for the wife to get things sent to her. And all this other stuff. Anyways she told me the reason why she named her daughter Michael was to give her a better chance. To me it was a pretty smart move, so I thought it would be beneficial to my daughter if I were to have one, to give her a name that doesn't really make her sound like a girl when you just read her name...

I am not sure if this has been a previous forum, but I was just curious to see what people would name their kid and why. Thanks :)

if i ever had kids and we are talking giant mega humongous if

boys: gabriel, zachariah, jeremiah, phinegan, maxwell, abram, calvin, samuel, ezekiel

girls: isabella, sarai, mary-elizabeth, katherine, anna, abagail, lily-anne

i have nothing against gender neutral names in general just those are the names i have always liked, also im a big on using full names not nicknames so i would call them their full name

very fun topic too i used to write a lot of fiction stories and loved coming up with names for my characters

Definatley gender neutral names. i don't adhere to stupid gender roles and norms, as they limit children from fully experiencing the broad spectrum of opportuities in life.

James: Totally male.

Christina: Totally female.

Erin: Totally neutral.

I have never met a dude named Erin. Aaron, yes but not Erin

One day I will have kids. Three boys and two girls. I want to name the girls:

Lillian Kaiulani and

Sonja Elisabeth

I've only thought of a Micah for one of the boys.

I also prefer full names to nicknames. My mom rubbed off on me.

Guest Baby Tiana

Just wanted to pop in and say that I agree with most of you in wanting my child to not be called by a nick name. Sort of defeats the point of naming them their original name.

Thanks to everyone who's participated so far! It's interesting to see all the choices. :)

I named my daughter Twilight Scarlett Phoenix (last name omitted). This was long before that horrid book/movie series came out. People name their kids things like Dawn and Summer, and I like unique but meaningful names so I named her after my favorite time of day, my favorite movie character, and the mythological creature that represented the rebirth of my life with her arrival. I originally chose Winter for a first name but then I discovered how popular it was getting and I didn't want her to be like me... there were 4 Rachels in my grade alone, and it was a small school. If I were able to have another child, I would name her Aurora Dawn, mostly because I had a dream about it and it sounds nice. I don't know about a boy, I only ever had one boy name chosen and that was before we knew Twilight was a girl, and it reminds me too much of my ex husband and the "old me" who I want nothing to do with. I cannot have more children so I'll never know lol. I'm also fond of the names Amaranth, Brighid, and Saffron. The latter is probably thanks to that Firefly episode ^.^ The closest I get to liking a boy's name is the one I gave my cat, Salek. It's the Czech short form of Solomon. I'm not a fan of the popular unisex names either... Taylor being the big one I dislike. It makes me think of bland asexual cookie cutter copy children, which bugs the crap out of me. Every child is a different work of art and I have always believed that naming kids with exceptional names helps them to be exceptional people.

I hope never to be burdened with children... But should I ever find myself a wife and eventually change my mind, I'd go with the more kick-ass names. Names that people or fictional characters tend to have that are usually people you don't want to get on the bad side of. Hopefully, that would help people stay on their good sides, as I would teach them how to beat up the school bully. I believe that kids should be able to defend themselves, and that goofy names can be mentally scarring and lead to one having to defend themselves more than people with more badass names.

Girls: Jessica, Daisy, Scarlet, or Sonja.

Boys: Vlad, Killer, Axel, Vance, Jason, Vincent, Clyde, or Chuck Norris.

Who am I to make suggestions?

The conventional spelling of the female name is Scarlett. "Scarlet" is a color similar to red.

My mother is named Alice, my beloved Granny is named Vi short for Viera and my favorite aunt is named Betsy. My sister Missy's daughter is named Karen. A good friend's daughter is named Dianah. My pre-law roommate is named Frances. My husband's only granddaughter is named Rachel. His daughter's name is Cynthia.

Since I married a man named Donald, I do favor that name. I also like Walter, John, Matthew and Michael.

Please think of your child when they grow up. I know names are such a personal choice, but when celebs name their children something ridiculous, people follow, and the kids have to live with it for life. Here in the UK, a TV program called, Footballers Wives, had a character called Chardonnay, as a piss take of stupid names. Guess what happened, we had a batch of children named Chardonnay!

Please think of your child when they grow up. I know names are such a personal choice, but when celebs name their children something ridiculous, people follow, and the kids have to live with it for life. Here in the UK, a TV program called, Footballers Wives, had a character called Chardonnay, as a piss take of stupid names. Guess what happened, we had a batch of children named Chardonnay!

Boy do I agree with this.... my wife had one boy before we married and she named him..... ah ah a weird name... so later when we were having our youngest daughter she wanted to name her Dusty, and I put my foot down on that even though it isn't that bad but I told her what was going to happen when she became a ambassador (like her cousin for awhile) or even a senator or something like that.... It wouldn't work calling her a dirty rose so after a life discussion and a few days we settled on Tiffany Rose and nicknamed her dusty.... which of course I changed to stinky V after the first month. (we have 5 and they all got nicknamed after one ornery horse I broke way back then)

Boy do I agree with this.... my wife had one boy before we married and she named him..... ah ah a weird name... so later when we were having our youngest daughter she wanted to name her Dusty, and I put my foot down on that even though it isn't that bad but I told her what was going to happen when she became a ambassador (like her cousin for awhile) or even a senator or something like that.... It wouldn't work calling her a dirty rose so after a life discussion and a few days we settled on Tiffany Rose and nicknamed her dusty.... which of course I changed to stinky V after the first month. (we have 5 and they all got nicknamed after one ornery horse I broke way back then)

I actually know a gal named Dusty Rose. My ex's former stepdaughter. Surprisingly people like her name quite a bit. To each their own.

Also yvhuce, I have to disagree... the second t makes all the difference. There is no more badass a lady than Scarlett O'Hara. That's one spunky spitfire I wouldn't want to cross. A shade of red has nothing on her :)

I am so stupidly picky when it comes to names, I will probably drive my future husband insane trying to decide what to call our kids! I despise surnames being used as first names. HATE it. (I'm not opposed to using a family name as a middle name, but wouldn't use it as a first. If my only brother doesn't have kids I would probably give one of mine my maiden name as a middle name to keep it alive, as it is kind of an uncommon name and I have no male cousins to pass it on.) I hate trendy misspellings of perfectly good, traditional names. (Like Aidan being spelled "Ayden" or Riley spelled "Rylee.") I don't like when the ethnicity of the first and last names clash. (I love traditional Gaelic names, but unless my future husband has an Irish/Scottish Gaelic surname, I won't use them.) I think it's ridiculous when people use weird celebrity baby names for their own kids.