LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Change

Hi all,dont know if this topic has been put in a post or not.But here goes.How many have had their diapers changed at a hospital?I have a few times.This time I was wearing a diaper I bought from ab universe with a sigle tape and nuresury prints on the front.This is the first time in my life that both a doc. and a nurse checked me out.The nurse said now that is a cute diaper.After thay checked me out and i gave them a urine sample the nurse asked if I needed a diaper change.I said yes.She came back with what i knew was a kendell dissposable.This I think onley the second time in all the times i have ever had my diapers changed that she changed me like you would a baby.She put her hands under my knee's and pulled me up.It is such a great feeling to have someone change your diaper just like you would a baby.So has this way of haveing your diaper changed in a hospital ever happened to anyone? Oh and by the way I was not doing this just to get a reaction from people.I do have to wear diapers now.I see no cence in going to the expence of buying underwear to cover them up.

• Like 1

Actually this topic has come up a few times with negative coments about inflicting on to others etc.Personally, the one time that i had mine changed in the hospital i was coming in and out of conciousness and they use the roll technique. Rolling you on your side etc.not really anything to write home about was just sort of surprised at the time that no powders or creams were used.

I'm sorry, but i find this to be a tad untruthful, because if you were able to give your own urine sample, were mobile, and not stuck in the bed, if you were able to get on and off the exam table etc... then no one would change your diaper, they would give you the supplies and privacy to do it yourself.

and a nurse would not put your knees up,... they have your roll to one side then the other....

I'm sorry, but i find this to be a tad untruthful, because if you were able to give your own urine sample, were mobile, and not stuck in the bed, if you were able to get on and off the exam table etc... then no one would change your diaper, they would give you the supplies and privacy to do it yourself.

and a nurse would not put your knees up,... they have your roll to one side then the other....

Sorry but your wrong sarah,for some reason this nurse did change me this way.not all nurses are the same all over the country.

• Like 1

A nurse putting you on a changing table and propping up your knees like a baby to change your diaper sounds 100% like a fap story to me.

brownie did i say anything about being put on a changing table.NO.read the dam post befor you start saying stuff like that.

I agee they would not change you like a baby,they would get you to lift your bottom up,and they only do this if you are confined to a bed, 100% a whopper/

Well i guess many of you have not been to the emergency room as many times as i have.what do you all think that every nurse dose things the same way?who knows she might have bf.thats an ab.and thay dont do this only if your confined to a bed.

Meh...I don't really believe it, myself. (Also, I have been in an out of hospitals since chronological childhood, including many ER visits.) Every time I've been in the hospital - either outpatient or inpatient - they've only changed me when I could not physically get out of bed OR when it was a big risk for me to try and stand. An example would be a severe concussion that left me inpatient for a few days. During those times, I was either rolled onto my side, or if I was able, asked to lift up my butt. No leg lifting happened that I can recall. During other times that I was able, I changed myself.

A different reason I find this story a little unbelievable is the part where you said:

This is the first time in my life that both a doc. and a nurse checked me out.The nurse said now that is a cute diaper

1. Nurses won't make comments about a person's diaper, in general.

2. To try to protect a person's dignity (since the general public doesn't really find the idea of wearing diapers nice), medical professionals tend to call a diaper a "brief", "pad", "incontinence garment", "protective undergarment"...I've heard a whole slew of terms, but they've never called a diaper a diaper if it's meant for anyone past the socially accepted diaper wearing age, at least not that I've ever heard.

/opinion

~ moogle

i will say having changed many adults who wore diapers the only time i lifted their legs was two clients with cp who were non comminicative with no control of their movements and because of the way their muscles were locked i did lift their legs up course lets not forget the gloves i had to have on and the fact that while doing it i would chat tothem about whatever .... there was nothing great about it it was very mechanical an as if i were just say putting their socks on ... the other clients mostly were standing when i was helping them change .... we would go into the bathroom and i would help them take off the old one and help clean them up and then put another diaper on.... if they were able to stand with their sticks or walker thats how wechanged them ... never lying down as if they were and infant .... its a dignity thing

• Like 1

I actually had the opportunity to sit and watch an instructional dvd that my mother had to watch when she was doing her cna 1 class and no where in the section regarding incontinence stuff did they ever show the patient being changed like an infant. If the nurses and such in your area trained anywhere similar to what she had to then this is total BS. Nowhere in the video did it mention the product as a diaper either. It was undergarment, incontinence brief, or something along those lines. Also the video specifically stated that treating the patient with the utmost respect and dignity is priority one.

Just my two cents on this.

I actually had the opportunity to sit and watch an instructional dvd that my mother had to watch when she was doing her cna 1 class and no where in the section regarding incontinence stuff did they ever show the patient being changed like an infant. If the nurses and such in your area trained anywhere similar to what she had to then this is total BS. Nowhere in the video did it mention the product as a diaper either. It was undergarment, incontinence brief, or something along those lines. Also the video specifically stated that treating the patient with the utmost respect and dignity is priority one.

Just my two cents on this.

They want you to refer to them as "briefs" but where I work all of the CNA's/LPN's/RN's refer to them as diapers, some as pampers. Even the Pt's refer to them as diapers/pampers. I've never heard a PT complain either, it is what it is.

To all who have ansewered this post i have a ? to ask you all.Do you think that every nurse in this country dose everything she or he was taught to do?If that where the case we would not have nurse's hurting and killing people all over this country.And as far as a nurse saying something about my diaper looking cute,i have heard many nurse's say something about people's cloth's.You cant judge all nurse's the same.

To all who have ansewered this post i have a ? to ask you all.Do you think that every nurse in this country dose everything she or he was taught to do?If that where the case we would not have nurse's hurting and killing people all over this country.And as far as a nurse saying something about my diaper looking cute,i have heard many nurse's say something about people's cloth's.You cant judge all nurse's the same.

dude, where your story falls short is when you stated you gave the nurse a urine sample. If your wearing a diaper the nurse is not going to give you a cup to urinate in to obtain a urine specimen, the nurse is going to use catheter to get a urine sample for someone who is incontinent. True, I can see some of my fellow nurses that I work with saying "cute diaper" or "I like your pamper" or "Ah, ain't that sweet" if you wore a ABU cushie to an exam, it's not your typical adult diaper you see in the medical field everyday.

dude, where your story falls short is when you stated you gave the nurse a urine sample. If your wearing a diaper the nurse is not going to give you a cup to urinate in to obtain a urine specimen, the nurse is going to use catheter to get a urine sample for someone who is incontinent. True, I can see some of my fellow nurses that I work with saying "cute diaper" or "I like your pamper" or "Ah, ain't that sweet" if you wore a ABU cushie to an exam, it's not your typical adult diaper you see in the medical field everyday.

In the 20 plus years i have been wearing 24/7 i have had a bladder infection a number of times and,not one time was i ever cathed.Thay asked IF i could give them one and of course i said yes.I have never told any doc.or nurse that i was incontinent.

Actually, this isn't true... I am in diapers 24/7 and incontinent. When I go to any of my doctor's offices (new ones or old) the nurse when they want a urine sample always brings a cup and I tell her I don't know if I can and that I'm incontinent. They say take it to the bathroom and try (most of them say by using the warm water on hand trick) and if you can't or if you can only get a little it is ok don't take more than a few minutes then come back out ... only once have I had to have a cath and I hated it and said so. So now if I can't get more than a spit and a half then they know they ain't getN it today.

I don't know about the guy's story either BUT the urine sample by cup they tell me a lot...

I'm not small enough to have my knees lifted, so in the hospital it's always the roll over method, or "lift your bottom, please." However, since I am NOT a member of the truth police, and was not there and did not witness what happened, I tend to take this story as truth. There are a lot of compassionate nurses out there. My last stay in the emergency room was very nice. The nurse actually asked me if I minded her calling them diapers. She was nice enough to use the powder and Desitin I brought in the diaper bag for the change. I had a small spot of shaving rash in one spot on my bottom. All I can say is, "well done nurse!" I hope there are more like her out there. As for you who belong to the truth police: "we don't need no stinking badges!" :censored:

• Like 1

I'm not small enough to have my knees lifted, so in the hospital it's always the roll over method, or "lift your bottom, please." However, since I am NOT a member of the truth police, and was not there and did not witness what happened, I tend to take this story as truth. There are a lot of compassionate nurses out there. My last stay in the emergency room was very nice. The nurse actually asked me if I minded her calling them diapers. She was nice enough to use the powder and Desitin I brought in the diaper bag for the change. I had a small spot of shaving rash in one spot on my bottom. All I can say is, "well done nurse!" I hope there are more like her out there. As for you who belong to the truth police: "we don't need no stinking badges!" :censored:

Thank you turtlepins.all these people who have ansewered seem to think that all nure's are the same.