LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ever Wanted To Try Breast Milk?

Strifer684

From the article:

A restaurant in London's Covent Garden is serving a new range of ice cream, made with breast milk.The dessert, called Baby Gaga, is churned with donations from 15 women who responded to an advertisement on an online mothers' forum.

One of the women, Victoria Hiley, 35, said if adults realised how tasty breast milk was more new mothers would be encouraged to breastfeed.

Each serving of Baby Gaga at Icecreamists costs £14.

Mr O'Connor said health checks for the lactating women were the same used by hospitals to screen blood donors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12569011

From the article:

A restaurant in London's Covent Garden is serving a new range of ice cream, made with breast milk.The dessert, called Baby Gaga, is churned with donations from 15 women who responded to an advertisement on an online mothers' forum.

One of the women, Victoria Hiley, 35, said if adults realised how tasty breast milk was more new mothers would be encouraged to breastfeed.

Each serving of Baby Gaga at Icecreamists costs £14.

Mr O'Connor said health checks for the lactating women were the same used by hospitals to screen blood donors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12569011

If its voluntary for everyone, go for it, the problems I see arise from quality and supply. Like mainstream consumer milk sources, human milk's flavor will be dependent upon what the woman eats. Quality also comes into play with respect to what happens when the current mothers who are supplying stop supplying. The taste of the final ice cream could be impacted in not a good way for the restaurant. For a consistent taste there really can't be a deviation in a woman's diet, but treating women like cattle is unethical of course, and for good reason.

Sure it's a novel idea, kinda whimsical, and entertaining especially for us, but if it goes much beyond novelty, well I see problems.

Have had it, numerous times, "from the tap". It was like nectar, slightly sweet and "lo-fat". My ex didn't smoke, ate healthy and limited alcohol. Her children absolutely hated that rubbery teet leaving her full and hurting. So, once she found I rather enjoyed "helping her out"(constant expression via a breast pump can be painful to deal with, besides full "storage tanks" for a reasonably well-endowed woman being a burden), she would even ask, at times, if I would mind draining the tank farm.

What goes on in Jolly Olde and the rest of Europe might be fine, but the FDA would have a field day with this idea AND the product. I can't see the US FDA ever allowing this type of a product onto the market. I agree that you can't treat women like cattle, which you might have to do to assure constant and a reliable - quality and wholesomeness - supply. Wet nurses continue to lactate well beyond child-bearing years, but I'm not sure a commune of "Stepford Lactators" is going to be able to be maintained - or members kept pregnant all the time - to assure a reliable supply of main ingredient. Too, once the novelty wears off, especially at that type of price, the business would probably fade away.

Interesting idea, however....

I heard of some other guy on a TV show who was a renouned chef, was using his wifes breast milk in some dishes and even making cheese from it. Only family and friends enjoyed as the FDA didn't yet allow for it to be "sold".

Anyway, the women who's milks being used, good for them. It's their choice, they're choosing to do it to get paid and even if there is some kind of "standard" to what their intake can be, well, that comes with the job too so take it or leave it. No different then a model or someone else who has to be a certain way for their job.

Women and breastfeeding is an interesting thing. The womans body will or should produce enough milk for the demand (obviously to an extent). The more a baby takes, the more she'll produce, less, less. My wife literally dried up in days when she ended breastfeeding. I've heard of women breastfeeding their youngest into school age so the supply and demand continues for years after birth.

Great way to make some money I guess. May seem kinda weird but honestly it's kind of like giving blood or plasma I suppose. It does seem a bit more intimate of an item but hell, people donate eggs and sperm and that seems like a much bigger deal then breastmilk to me.

Roughly how much is the cost in US $ and how much do you get for that?