LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Care Of Aio Diapers

I would think this has been covered before on this board.

But I am quickly becoming acquainted with AIO diapers.

I've tried bleaching and soaking them in the washer with hot water.

As well a long 24-48 hours air dry.

They cannot be this hard to care for and use...

Most disposables I've used can hold up between 3-4 wettings,

But AIO's seem to have a stale urine odor within 30 minuites of a first wetting.

I assume there are pros and cons to both.

But anyone have any tips on care and use of AIO's?

Firstly, if they're starting to smell bad, you're using the wrong laundry detergent or you need to add something to your wash cycle to neutralise the smell. People say that white (aka spirit) vinegar works well, not sure how much you're supposed to add but I'd assume a cupful or so would be a good place to start.

Second, drying them depends on what they're made of. If the waterproofing is PUL then you should be able to tumble dry it (low heat/delicate setting). PUL is supposed to be able to stand up to being boil washed and sterilised and dried without breaking down. If it's vinyl or PVC, though, you're stuck with air-drying because the tumble drier will damage it.

Difficulty of care, in particular drying time has always been the problem with AIO cloth diapers because air can only get at the soaker materials from one side. If ease of care is what you're after, separate plastic pants and cloth diapers might be the way to go...

It depends on what materials your particular AIO is made from. I posted the washing instruction from the snap ez 4 life site, since they make these products and knwo what it takes to take care of them and make them work the best. generally it's the same process parents go through when using the newer cloth diaper products (AIO and pocket diapers)

http://snap-ez4life.com/Washing.html

Hope this helps

I have a HE washer. That spins fast enough to drive the water out of the thing so it doesn't take forever to dry.

Yes, cloth diapers of any sort aren't designed for being wet for a long time.