LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Smelling Fresh

Jen Harris

Say it's been a long day and you haven't stayed dry. When you get home, you don't want that area to smell.... wet. Besides a shower, what can you do?

Afresh change is assumed... is there anything else to do?

A washcloth and a lot of bar soap! Wet the washcloth (I mean hold it under the warm tap water), then lather it up really well with lots of bar soap! Then take the bar soap and lather up the area you need to clean. Use the washcloth and scrub the area really well. Rinse the washcloth and repeat the process but with less soap. Make sure to rinse the area very well with fresh water after soaping it up. I do have a theory that when in a wet diaper for several hours, urine will seep into your pores. Even when you shower and dress in regular clothes, there can be some residual odor from the urine that has absorbed into your skin through the pores. When I sit in a hot bath tub and scrub with a washcloth and soap, I feel the hot water opens up my pores, therefore the scrubbing and soap do a better job. I feel it's better to sit in a hot bathtub for 20 or 30 minutes than to just take a short shower.

If I don't have time to shower after being wet for a considerable amount of time I will clean up with baby wipes and use a little powder in the fresh diaper. Also shaving your private area helps, as urine will cling to hair. Finally, lay off the sodas. Drink water or natural juices and your urine will smell less.