LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Android Vs Iphone

DailyDi

Guest gnappies

device.png

hehe

I could write an essay on why android as an OS kicks iOS's ass. But I won't.

Don't get me wrong, I love the iPhones hardware just not their "Play by our rules or don't play at all" policy. I've never been one for playing by rules ;-)

Is the Nexus available in the UK now? Was thinking of the Galaxy. Is gingerbread any better than 2.2?

Just bought a Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000,for like 30 dollars (locked to a subscription for 12 months, 100 mb included every month for like 30 dollars)

( i just calculated in in my head so its not accurate :P )

Bought it yesterday, but so far i like it

The biggest issue that influenced my decision to go to Iphone4 vs any of the then available android phones, screen brightness - the HTC models I looked at had horrible screen brightness, so for someone who's outside in the sun, its hard to see the screen. The next feature that cinched it, was the visual voicemail, I loathe having to call in, having the message appear on my phone and be able to be played back at the touch of a button caters to my quirks.

I think most people wont notice much of a difference between either, unless there is a specific feature they are looking for, either device will perform admirably, to say that one is "better" than another requires a strict definition on the criteria being compared.

It really comes down to being subjective. What is better for me, isn't necessarily better for you.

The biggest issue that influenced my decision to go to Iphone4 vs any of the then available android phones, screen brightness - the HTC models I looked at had horrible screen brightness, so for someone who's outside in the sun, its hard to see the screen.

<rant> I can't dim my droid enough. Most of my viewing is in dim light, so I need it as dim as it can get. That's a problem that I have with many light based displays.

I am extremely light sensitive. These billboards that are around now are TOO bright for me. The first time I noticed one was when I was flying and kept seeing a 'new' light about 15 miles away. I finally drove past it one day and realized what it was.

Headlights are the same. When they get too bright for me, I have two options: close one eye and look away, or close both eyes.

Since my phone is dim most of the time, when I do go outside with it, it's then too dim. What would be really nice, is if there was a physical contrast/brightness control on the side of the phone as opposed to being forced to see the screen to find the display features.

And don't get me started on blue lights (especially LED's).</rant>

All my computers are Apple, I have a Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, Mac Mini, and a Powerbook and I love them ALL and wouldn't GET anything else. BUT when it comes to mobile devices, I have to say my HTC Desire is MUCH better than my iphone 4.

The screen was nicer on my iphone4, but I was happy to get rid of it for my HTC Android device. I'm hooked on Android for now.

• 5 weeks later...

I have both the iPhone 3GS and the Nexus One, I thought I'd like the N1 more when I bought it, but all I use it now for is the mobile hotspot and free navigation app. Everything else I use my iPhone for, the touch keyboard is better, the whole OS is more responsive. My android (N1) takes nearly twice as long to load a page as my iPhone and even touch is more accurate on the iPhone.

My business requires that I'm always connected to the internet, I bought my android for that purpose specifically the mobile hotspot, it has a data plan on it that lest me use it in Canada and the US without extra charges, as soon as I cross the border into the US it gets powered on and stays on. The mobile hotspot feature is turned on and our iPhones automatically connect to it. I've even fired up the iOS skype app on my iphone while it was connected through the hotspot on the android and made voice calls and it worked perfectly.

Each device has it's pros and cons, in my opinion for usability the iPhone still wins, and I'm still a generation behind.

I don't know exactly what the Apple device did to my music, but I could not play / delete / change or anything to my music on my computer without connecting the original 'Apple Device'. I needed to format the drive and waste 2 weeks putting my music back onto my computer. I have used other MP3 devices, and also burn MP3 CDs with no problem.

Did you rip your CDs with iTunes? That program by default creates AAC files, which are a proprietary format that has Apple's DRM encoded. You have to change a setting in preferences to have it rip actual MP3 files. Or you can use programs like Winamp or Foobar, which are way better for ripping and listening to music in the first place.

Did you rip your CDs with iTunes? That program by default creates AAC files, which are a proprietary format that has Apple's DRM encoded. You have to change a setting in preferences to have it rip actual MP3 files. Or you can use programs like Winamp or Foobar, which are way better for ripping and listening to music in the first place.

AAC files created by iTunes do not have FairPlay embedded. Only purchased AAC files from iTunes have this feature~