LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fed Ex

Well, I started a thread for UPS so to be fair here's one for Fed Ex.

I've noticed they tend to be a little more expensive for the larger packages (like cases of diapers :whistling: ). Luckily they tend to be worth it though. :unsure: Their tracking tends to be a little more detailed with fewer gaps en-route (especially over long distances like from Cali to Fla), and most importantly their delivery times to my neck of the woods (N. Florida) tend to be 1-3 days faster than most other carriers. :biker_h4h: Lastly their drivers are allowed to leave the packages at doors if they are comfortable with the delivery area and don't believe there will be theft problems. :mail:

If given a choice between UPS or Fed-Ex ... I don't really care. LOL I have never had a reason to complain about either. Though a nice story, I have large packages delivered to a mail service and small packages delivered home because my apartment building is one of those "secure" buildings and the desk doesn't have room to store large boxes, but one time the mail service was closed for some reason (normally they still take in packages but weren't this time oddly) and the Fed-Ex guy saw my other package with the same name so he brought them both and rang me. Luckily I was actually home this time. That was pretty nice of them.

Copied from my reply about UPS:

"Where I live UPS is good, USPS is best, and FedEx flat out sucks :screwy:It's more the people and company where you are than the big corporation overall :rolleyes: "

FedEx leaving packages in 'secure neighborhoods' may be good, but not everyone lives in places like that- including me :huh: The last time they delivered here I watched the tracking online and got no delivery when expected. The next day they left a "final notice' which said if I didn't pick it up at their office tomorrow it would go back :o I called and after several people I got them to agree to deliver and drop it off-which I had the shipper ask them to do in the first place but they could find no record of :wtf2: The next day just by chance I was there and heard the dog barking strangely-looking outside the FedEx guy was heading back to his truck with my package! He never blew the horn or knocked on the door :( I raced to the door and yelled out just in time to stop him. I told my tale and asked if he had made the previous delivery attempts. He said he had and that he had left two notices.I told him that was BS because my neighbors never saw it and they watch pretty close. Then he says he "might have forgotten to leave one of the notices" :bash:

I call to report this rotten behavior and just get shuffled around on the phone, getting hung up on twice in the process :badmood: Finally someone says they will report it and if they determined that the driver did wrong he would be written up. Whatever. I still see this idiot on my street ocasionally and neighbors say he's no better now than he was with me <_<

I now refuse to use Fed Ex. I cancel orders from any company that will not deliver through other means and I tell them why I'm doing it.

As I said in my UPS reply:

"Your delivery mileage will vary-probably a lot :whistling: "

I hope your local FedEx people are better than mine!

Bettypooh

• 1 year later...

The Fed-Ex guy that delivers to my building, it's the same one for all packages and residents which is actually really awesome, is really awesome. It is more to do with the location. This guy even waited inside while the desk person called me once to let me know I had a package when I wasn't expecting it. He's also nice and very courteous. He even chats with residents when we're in the lobby just hanging out, and knows the resident animals as well.

I think it's the one benefit of living downtown in a big city though, delivery people are delivering to businesses all the time which are in and out, so they like it when they can socialize a little. Where in more rural or suburban areas they can pick and choose who they're nice to since there is less pressure to be professional.... and I just noticed I already posted in here. LOL