LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does Any One Know A Way To Get Things Taken Off You Medical Records?

It started of with me having a fiver induced seizure at age eight that disqualifies me for military service as well as any job in law enforcement I have been a bed wetter for almost 10 years and am suffered from incontinent for about two years. Now I am having trouble applying for some jobs because of it.

Only way would be to get a full physical and get a clean bill of health if you're not having incontinence issues anymore. If this is the case, also see a urologist and have them state in your record that you are not having issues.

If you are incontinent then it shouldn't be a problem under the ADA. If an employer gives you a consent form to get your records you should talk to him/her then about it and explain the ways you take care of it so it isn't a problem.

It started of with me having a fiver induced seizure at age eight that disqualifies me for military service as well as any job in law enforcement I have been a bed wetter for almost 10 years and am suffered from incontinent for about two years. Now I am having trouble applying for some jobs because of it.

Wethills, did you mean you had a fever induced seizure at age 8? Do you mean following the seizure you were incontinent for 2 years? Or, do you mean you have been incontinent as an adult for the last 2 years?

It is unlikely there is a legal or ethical way to alter your medical records to delete the fact of your seizure. However, since that was so long ago, if that seizure has not caused you problems recently, it would be prudent, ethical and legal to get a comprehensive physical exam now. That will also be part of your medical history. Assuming a qualified and licensed physician finds no after effects of the seizure, that recent medical record will be important to many employers.

Unfortunately there are careers for which any history of seizures causes permanent disqualification. The better news is that if the seizure still causes you physical problems, then your entire medical history should qualify you for protection under ADA. You need to discuss this with your physicians. Also it often happens to obtain ADA protection you will need to consult an attorney local to you who has experience with ADA.

With all due respect to my good pal Daily Di, the ADA does not consider incontinence by itself to be a qualifying disability. However, medical incontinence hardly ever occurs without some other condition. Many conditions that have incontinence as a side effect do qualify under ADA as a disability. By all means discuss your incontinence with a qualified urologist if it is urinary and a gastrointerologist if you have bowel incontinence. Then also discuss this with your primary care physician. Quite likely to ensure your conditions qualify under ADA you will need the help of an attorney.

no had back problems after a bad fall that left me incontinent for two years

• 1 month later...

i'm like why don't u just leave it off n not put it onto an application? & if they absolutely have to see it just say, well i don't want you to judge me based on that because that is discrimination against handicapped people. & also i like the idea of just getting a physical thingie. that might help as well.

i agree with getting a full workup

but from what you sed you will have to tell them about your seizure but you dont have to tell them about your incon