LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Time In College.

acemanner

College is basically a continuation of everything you did in high school, and where you (are supposed) to find your lifes work, unles you knew that going in back in HS.

For college, to avoid getting over whelmed, take a few of the introductory classes. IE intro to college, and how to classes "how to study' how to organize" etc. It sounds stupid but they really do help. College is much more of the 'real world" than high school, and professors and instructors are not impressed with lame excuses for why 'XYZ" project didn't get completed etc. Either you buckle down and do the work or you don't pass etc. It's not easy, and neither is real life. You will see a lot of kids partying, specially at frats and such and if you want to get caught up in "rush week" knock yourself out. If there is a frat you want to join, go to it, but don't expect much. (if you can't tell I'm not a big fan of frats :P )

Mostly what it really comes down to is why are you there. You get out of it what yo put into it. If you have a particular major you want to pursue, do it and pour your self into it like never before. if not, you're still drifting (like I did) go for something in liberal arts, companies seem to like to emply people who can "think out side the box" so that might give you an edge in finding that all elusive J*O*B if / when you graduate in say 4 years or so.

Other than that....have fun....College is a cool place, and lots of very interesting classes are available if you're still wandering. but don't let it become a habit :P

do not buy your books until AFTER you go to the first day of class... lots of times you find out you don't need a book until 1/2 way thru the semester and thus can find it cheaper online and have time to get it shipped to you.

Find 2-3 classmates in each class and get to know them enough if you aren't there you can get notes from them.

If you know people in your class, consider sharing a text book.

Have fun!!!! make sure you take at least one night a week and don't do homework... just hang out, have fun, go to the club fairs on campus, join a club.. even if you don't live on campus.. especially if you don't live on campus... its a good way to stay connected.... go to the dances, even if they seem lame... go to the holiday events, eat in the cafeteria....

college is AWESOME!!!! i had so much fun when i was an undergrad.... and remember, while freshman year is a good time to experiment with crazy hair cuts, and stuff.... don't get any crazy piercings that aren't reversable (like huge stretched out ears) or visible tattoos that can't easily be covered up.... although the market is changed in regards to how people look in the work place.. its not changing THAT fast!! and employers DO take physical appearance into consideration!

rewmember have fun!!!

and congrats on starting college!!!

1. College is good for two things toward a professional career, networking (unless you go to a commuter college in which case it's one) and access to expensive things (nude models, programs, equipment, etc.); learning is not one of them.

2. Taking the right classes and earning greater than minimum grades will earn you a piece of paper with your name on it; Getting numerous internships and talking to people in your chosen industry will earn you a career.

3. Numbers and Statistics are misleading; just because everyone says it will earn you more money does not mean they actually looked at the data and its origin.

4. Have goals, make plans, meet the milestones and question the results. No institution will help you find yourself, they charge by the semester.

5. A good professor is hard to come by; a good mentor is like winning the lotto.

6. Learn on your own, you'll be surprised how far you can go.

7. The smartest people in the class are not that way because they are smart. They are because they already know the information.

8. Don't celebrate your graduation. It is a journey of a thousand steps; if you celebrate now, it leaves you nowhere to go.*

I did not follow any of those.

I actually came up with them recently, almost 6 months after graduating, and not getting a job. Of the thousand of resumes I sent out I've gotten 4 interviews 2 of which were for internships(which during the interview I found out were unpaid/credit only, therefore not qualified). I have become quite the cynic when it comes to public education; sure I could say it's the bad economy but that seems too easy. In reality it is my fault, I should have followed my gut feeling that college would not work for me; but instead for itself. When I should have dedicated myself to learning, I instead sought grades, worthless markings and false achievements. So keep these in mind, outright question them, reject them, and seek your own. Just learn for the sake of learning, not for the sake of adding a line in your resume.

*"It is...to go" is adapted from what Bob Bowman said to Mrs. Phelps when Michael won his first competition.