LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Barrier Creams/Rash Prevention

Ok. Within the last few weeks, my stress levels from work had absolutely skyrocketed, and as seems to happen all the time, my old bedwetting problem started to make a reoccurence. This time though I've started to have some really close calls during the day, including a full blown accident last weekend. As a result, for the meantime at least I've decided to start wearing diapers full time as a protective measure, but I needed some advice.

I know the standard care rules (clean constantly, between every change, air dry when possible, watch using too much powder, keep shaved down there for easy cleanup), but I want to make sure I'm doing things right. I've heard some people talk about using a barrier cream to prevent any wetness/ammonia from urine from causing an issue on the skin. I looked for one in the baby diapering area last night, and all I saw were the diaper rash creams. Is this what they were referring to? Do you use one of these with every change, or just when you have a diaper rash? Should it be applied before/after powder? How much should I use & what areas should I focus on?

Thanks for your advice ahead of time!

I can related to the stress .... sigh .... it sucks.

I use regular baby diaper rash ointment when I start getting sore in my private area. I put the cream on the diaper to prevent it getting all over my hands and making the possibility of the tapes getting ruined. If I know I'm going to be wearing for 7 - 10 hours (basically every day), I will put some regular baby powder in the diaper which helps a little bit with the moisture.

for me since i have limited changing areas through out my day, I rub in DESITIN Maximum Strength Original Paste

its thicker then the normal past and has more zinc in it to protect and heal the skin.

I also use baby powder, to help keep the wettness down, and to help cover up any urin smells.

I have had my fair share of diaper rashes, and since the last time I been rubbing on a light coating of cream everytime I change, and yet to get a rash since last summer.

Sudocrem is fantastic. I use it when putting on a fresh diaper. One word of warning. the cream is very thick so wear protective gloves because if the cream gets on anything else it is extremely difficult to remove. Hence when you apply it, you don't need a huge amount, just spread it well. :biker_h4h: