LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bad Day

hidden

So, I couldn't get to sleep last night so I got up early to study for a Bio exam this morning. Right before the exam, I tear my new pants. Then I go to repair a broken hanger on my car at Midas. I wait around for 10 minutes and they don't even take my name so I go to another local one. On the way, I get a flat (the side split open). So I had to buy a new tire for $100.

I also had to buy a new battery on Monday for $65.

I also still need to spend $250+ on brakes and $120+ on a muffler.

Arg.

Only airplanes and boats can eat money faster than a car :angry: Hope your tomorrow is better :)

Bettypooh

currently going carless for that very reason. It presents some challeges, but it is kind of liberating too.

Only airplanes and boats can eat money faster than a car :angry: Hope your tomorrow is better :)

Bettypooh

currently going carless for that very reason. It presents some challenges, but it is kind of liberating too.

Good luck on the exam. Tomorrow I'm going to swap out the electric motor and window register on the car I bought for my wife to drive. The parts were about $80 and I'm sure that to pay someone else to do it would be several hundred. My advice, get the service manual, some tools and learn how to do some of these things yourself.

I had a couple of bad days in a row. Thursday, I ate something that decided to wage war on my digestive tract. Ended up spewing from both ends, with many a messy diaper (YUCK! :( ). Yesterday, I was fixing one of my doors and got gouged in the arm. I had to get a tetanus shot, but was fortunate enough that it's just small enough a gouge to not require stitches.

I have actually been having trouble with my gas gauge in my jeep. It has been eratic more often than not and tends to read empty even when full. I have been counting miles every trip to try to estimate how much fuel is left in the tank. I failed at this. ended up at the side of the road dead no gas. After a few choice expletives I phoned my sister and arranged for her to meet me with a gas can. Poured it in my gas tank and started the engine with no problems. Kept the gas can just in case though. C'est La Vie.

Generally when your gas gauge starts to do that its a sign your fuel pump is going out i have a dodge dakota and mine did the same all worked well when the fuel pump was replaced

Actually the two are in no way related, not that I have ever heard. The best place to look for the problem is the connector on the top of the tank from the sending unit. Sounds like a bad ground. Still a bummer to get to, you might have to drop the tank. You might get lucky and be able to see the ground tied to the frame though, check for corrosion or a broken connection.

But come to think about it, if you run your car out of gas it does damage the fuel pump as it uses the fuel to keep cool. So I would try and keep gas in that tank till you get the problem fixed or you will be replacing the fuel pump, but hey then you can find the ground problem :P

General rule of thumb is always keep at least a quarter of tank so the pump doesn't suck up sediment from the bottom of the tank. :thumbsup:

Actually the two are in no way related, not that I have ever heard. The best place to look for the problem is the connector on the top of the tank from the sending unit. Sounds like a bad ground. Still a bummer to get to, you might have to drop the tank. You might get lucky and be able to see the ground tied to the frame though, check for corrosion or a broken connection.

But come to think about it, if you run your car out of gas it does damage the fuel pump as it uses the fuel to keep cool. So I would try and keep gas in that tank till you get the problem fixed or you will be replacing the fuel pump, but hey then you can find the ground problem :P

General rule of thumb is always keep at least a quarter of tank so the pump doesn't suck up sediment from the bottom of the tank. :thumbsup:

I kept the five gallon can and have it full of fuel just in case, though I worry thet in this fuel starved economy that someone is just goung to grab it while I am inside a store or something as I do have a ragtop jeep. The way I figure it If I lock the jeep up and someone wants in badly enough they would just slash the canvas and take what they want. so I leave it all unlocked and make sure there is nothing I would miss in it. Besides, this time of year I have the top down, After all I live in Florida and it is perfect this season. I have a tenative apointment with my sisters boyfriend who is a mechanic and owns his own shop. His name is Elmer, no kidding. We don't hold it against him as it is a family name, he is like Elmer the sixth or something. Despite his naming handicap he is actually a really good mechanic and because he is dating my sister he extends a family discount and charges for parts only. now I just have to get the time to get it fixed. so until then I am going to bitch and moan about it, cause it makes me feel better and try to figure out how and when to get it to Elmer.