LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is More Absorbent, Diapers Or Pull Ups® ?

Some people consider Goodnites®, Underjams®, and Pull Ups® to be the same as diapers.

What I want to know is what would keep me dry (or dryer) at night as a preschooler?

Size 7 Pampers or XL Goodnites®.

Also, do you consider these post diaper "absorbent underwear" to still be considered diapers?

Usually people would say that diapers are more absorbent than pull ups but I'm going with goodnights on this one :P

• Like 1

Well... a diaper that's made to fit an adult is going to be more absorbent than ANY of the things you just mentioned, and by a significant amount. It'll also be more likely to fit. Keep in mind that even if you are thin, as I am, to the point where you can wear size 7 pampers or goodnites L or XL, neither of them is made to support an adult bladder and you'll be better off, despite the aesthetic differences, with a product made for an adult.

Unless, of course, you WANT it to leak. :)

• Like 1

I consider "Absorbent Underwear" to be diapers. To answer your question the more SAP a diaper has the more it will hold which is why if you look at and absorbance chart for the same diaper just in different sizes, the larger the size the more it will hold. That being said Pull-Ups are out. I'm not sure how pampers size 7 and goodnites XL would compare though. Goodnites are bigger, but they are designed to be discreet and thinner, which means less SAP. Pampers size 7 are made for babies/toddlers who haven't even started potty training yet and as a result it doesn't matter if everyone can tell the child is diapered meaning thicker and more SAP. I think an absorbency test is in order for Goodnites XL and Pampers size 7.

• Like 1

I consider "Absorbent Underwear" to be diapers. To answer your question the more SAP a diaper has the more it will hold which is why if you look at and absorbance chart for the same diaper just in different sizes, the larger the size the more it will hold. That being said Pull-Ups are out. I'm not sure how pampers size 7 and goodnites XL would compare though. Goodnites are bigger, but they are designed to be discreet and thinner, which means less SAP. Pampers size 7 are made for babies/toddlers who haven't even started potty training yet and as a result it doesn't matter if everyone can tell the child is diapered meaning thicker and more SAP. I think an absorbency test is in order for Goodnites XL and Pampers size 7.

All other things being equal, I would agree, but Goodnites are also designed for a child twice the size of a Pampers user.

Again, neither is useful on an adult. A fully developed bladder can soak through an entire pack of goodnites or pampers.

All other things being equal, I would agree, but Goodnites are also designed for a child twice the size of a Pampers user.

Again, neither is useful on an adult. A fully developed bladder can soak through an entire pack of goodnites or pampers.

Yes I know there made for bigger kids, but goodnites are thinner than actual baby diapers. That's why I said I was not sure which would hold more. My apologies if i was unclear.

Yes I know there made for bigger kids, but goodnites are thinner than actual baby diapers. That's why I said I was not sure which would hold more. My apologies if i was unclear.

Having used both, I can tell you without a doubt that Goodnites hold much more. They are, however, an awful product because despite how much they hold, they are a pull-up and therefore poorly fit and therefore leak whether or not they are "full."