LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depend's Brand

For short outings of several hours or running errands I like to use Depends Adjustable Underware. I usually use a Booster pad with this to help absorbe the pee and try not to flood it. I've tried other types of underware and have found that others don't have the padding in the front for a male. I do like the bulk between my legs this product gives me. If I feel there is a chance I may leak while wearing these underware, I will ware plastic pants over them. I did learn the hard way some time ago about how these will leak. I made a fast trip to Home Depot about 8:00 P.M. one evening with a damp one on. While I was looking at some hardware I started to slowly pee, thinking I was safe. Next thing I know the pee is running down my left leg and dripping onto the floor in a small puddle. Luckily for me no one was in the isle, so I spread the puddle out with my shoe and went to the checkout. I was embrassed that I made a mess of their floor, and mad at myself for not wearing plastic pants when I knew the underware where already wet. As for briefs, I perfer Attends over Depends. The Attends 10, I purchase at a local medical supply store and feel I can wear one of these twice as long as a Depends, especially if I use a double or baby diaper inside. The cost trade is still higher, but the product, for me, is better.

I just got a pack of the newer depends.not the pull ups but the diaper.with the Orange on the front of the pack.

Can you settle the debate about whether the new ones have cloth-like covers, or did they keep the smooth plastic most of us love?

Thanks!

Can you settle the debate about whether the new ones have cloth-like covers, or did they keep the smooth plastic most of us love?

Thanks!

its still plastic.I wish it was cloth like..its still the same diaper just the tapes hold a lot better..they dont pop off..

I bought a pack of the "new" Depends yesterday, and I'd say there's more change to the packaging than to the diaper. I still had a pack of the "old" Depends that I bought last fall, so I did a back to back comparison wearing and wetting. The newer ones have a slightly taller waistband, maybe a little bit better tapes, and that's it. Everything else seems identical. Depends fans can rest easy, they didn't screw up your diaper. B)

its still plastic.I wish it was cloth like..its still the same diaper just the tapes hold a lot better..they dont pop off..

BITE YOUR TONGUE. If you want cloth covers, wear a pull-up. If they get rid of plastic backed Depends, then we won't have ANYTHING left to buy at local stores that's worth a piss. (literally). :P

Some of us "like" Depend. ;)

BITE YOUR TONGUE. If you want cloth covers, wear a pull-up. If they get rid of plastic backed Depends, then we won't have ANYTHING left to buy at local stores that's worth a piss. (literally). :P

Some of us "like" Depend. ;)

its going to happen sooner or later they will be cloth like.I tried the store brand cloth like but the tapes rip off the diaper.if depends were cloth like they would probably have stretch tapes that would stop the tapes from ripping off the cloth.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally bought a pack of the new package depends, and ya, as justindiapers said above, I dont notice any changes (dunno about height, that may be, but tapes seem the same).

And ya, I hope they'll stick with the plastic backing. I dont like cloth, it just doesnt feel as secure. Though the walgreens brand diapers (the highest end one they sell) that are comparable with depends are cloth, and held up surprisingly well. The tapes on it were especially nifty as they werent tape, but this micro-velcro stuff that held pretty damn well.

Still going with depends though, but the only place to get em around here is the super center wal mart. Its also whats gotten me used to buying them comfortably as well. The wal-marts around here dont have self checkout, so I've gotten used to just throwing them in my cart and checking out not caring if people see them or not.

But anyway, I'm off on a tangent.

Ya, same product, new shiny packaging.

Since a few of you folks have reviewed the new Depend diapers positively, I wanted to go out and buy a bag, but it seems many retailers around here (including Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart) are only carrying the "For Men" and "For Women" pull-ups. Does anybody know a retailer that carries the true Depend diapers?

And ya, I hope they'll stick with the plastic backing.

Don't just "hope"! Do something about it! Let them know how much you LIKE them having a plastic cover.

I got on the Depend website and used their "comments" form to send them a very polite comment thanking them for NOT going to cloth-like. I was very business-like and matter-of-fact and didn't do up any AB/DL kind of talk. Just said something along the lines of being a "long-time wearer of adult incontinence products" and that it has been my experience that the new trend toward the "inferior cloth-like covers" was disappointing to say the least. I thanked them for keeping the "poly cover" despite the trend because only the plastic covers have "superior leakage protection and odor control".

Got a nice reply thanking me for my comments and a couple of weeks later got some coupons in the mail (I gave them my address) for any Depend product.

Everybody's always ready to jump up and down when they don't like something, but not many people write in and say what they like. That's the kind of stuff that gets noticed.

--Float

I sent them lots of emails asking them to switch to the cloth like..I stopped emailing them about 3 or 4 weeks ago when they emailed me back telling me that there next redesign would be cloth like:) but they did not give me any info on when this would happen.but its great to know they will be cloth like one day:)and with every email I sent them I got the coupons they must send them out to everyone that emails them..

You are satan incarnate. :angry:

There are plenty of other brands to choose from which have the damned cloth-like covers. Leave Depend alone!

yea but the Velcro tapes rip off the cloth like diapers out now.when depend does it they will probably be made like huggies with the stretchy tapes so the tapes don't rip off.

Depend adjustable underwear are horrible!!!!!!!!!!!they don't fit right in the crotch and they hoild next to nothing.

So if you hate them so much for reasons other than theyre not cloth backed, then why are you sending them tons of email asking them to change to cloth?

Many of us that do like the fit and are ok with their absorption (with or without boosters) are happy with the plastic...

So if you hate them so much for reasons other than theyre not cloth backed, then why are you sending them tons of email asking them to change to cloth?

Many of us that do like the fit and are ok with their absorption (with or without boosters) are happy with the plastic...

What are you talking about????the Depend adjustable underwear are cloth like.this is the Depend Brand form where you talk about (ALL) depend diapers.before I was talking about there max diapers witch is not cloth like but soon will be.this time I was talking about the adjustable underwear witch is cloth like but does not fit right and holds nothing.can you read???I started it with depend adjustable underwear that means I was talking about the adjustable underwear..so I ask again what are you talking about?????????????

What are you talking about????the Depend adjustable underwear are cloth like.this is the Depend Brand form where you talk about (ALL) depend diapers.before I was talking about there max diapers witch is not cloth like but soon will be.this time I was talking about the adjustable underwear witch is cloth like but does not fit right and holds nothing.can you read???I started it with depend adjustable underwear that means I was talking about the adjustable underwear..so I ask again what are you talking about?????????????

Obviously I can not read.

Obviously you are an ass.

not sure if this is going on everywhere, but i was just at Rite Aid and i picked up a pack of depends fitted maximum protection for $12.99. they are regularly $16.99 according to the receipt.

that is a great price even at walmart they are 14 -15 dollars.I will have to go to Rite Aid and check it out..

I went to Sears Essentials and found an old bag of the fitted briefs at the back of a shelf, with the red/white bag. The bag says 1996 on it. They are just like the CVS diapers right before they changed to cloth back imo.

This is the first time I've ever bought Depends. Does anyone know if these ones are a lot different from most recent fitted briefs of Depends?

The bag was so old they had to call the manager to do a price check. Really embarrassing. They ended up scanning a similar barcode, so I got 22 of these for $11.

Does anyone know if these ones are a lot different from most recent fitted briefs of Depends?

1. Are they green or white?

2. Do they say "Regular Absorbency" or "Maximum Protection" on them?

If they are white and have a blue, thick dotted line down the center, then they are pretty much the same Depend diaper (brief) that they've been making for years now. If they have a green plastic cover, then they are the original type, and are much different.

As a side note, I went out and bought a package of the latest Depend diapers (with the new orange bar on the package) yesterday just to do a thorough side-by-side comparison with ones from a year or so ago. Despite some of the comments here, I found absolutely no differences. The tapes are exactly the same, in exactly the same place. The cover is the same thickness and texture of polyethylene (which is quite nice). The padding is the same size and in the same place. The inner leg cuffs (leakguards) are the same color. The elastic waistbands are the same. I contend that nothing--save for the packaging--has changed about Depend Fitted Briefs.

I'm not making any judgement here; I happen to like Depend quite well for discreet daytime wear and, while they could be little better in some regards, at least they haven't made them worse. A sincere thank you to the folks at Kimberly-Clark.

• 2 months later...

I'll honestly state that I don't like any of these products. They are either oriented to the fetish crowd, or the wording the package lies to my face. And then when I have hopes that someone would be motivated to design something that's halfway decent yet doesn't shout "ADULT BABY" (Bambinos, anyone?), for some reason that prospect gets ruined because of the stigma that a disabled person carries because they have to wear this stuff. I'll be honest, folks. I just don't fit in that well with the gay/lesbo/crotch shot crowd. And I don't give a rat's ass.

The last two bags I bought were cheap, as cheap goes. They're OK, good for KC. No matter what they make, they still suck.

Honeywell6180