LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Colors!

Codymoogle

I was ordered new forearm crutches by my doctor a while back, as my current ones are a good 3 years old or so. I received them, but the cuffs for my arms are WAY too big - I fell when I tried to walk with them because my arm came out of the cuff! Plus, they're U-G-L-Y, UGLY! Ugly, boring, and just plain medical. Of course crutches are medical devices, but do they really have to look it? YEECH.

Here's what most forearm crutches look like:

Forearm%20Crutch.jpg

So I called up about the crutches' cuffs being way too large for my arms...The lady on the phone was really nice, and helped me a lot. The reason why the cuffs were too big, and my arms were slipping out?

They gave me a set of crutches designed to fit a person up to 6'0! I'm only 5' to 5'1! Generally, the taller you are, the larger your arms, too...No wonder they're too large!

I asked her about a smaller size, and told her that I can probably actually fit a youth size pair of crutches. She looked it up, and indeed I can! She said the ones they stock go up to either 5'2 or 5'4, depending on the company, and noted that the smaller cuff size would be more appropriate for my arms.

At this point I then asked her if the youth crutches happened to come in colors, and I was given an affirmative answer. I was given a list of colors, similar to this picture:

Color Swatches

I picked "Pastel Blue" and she entered my order! My old new crutches are going to be packed up and shipped back to the company when my new new ones arrive. So now I don't have to use ugly gray crutches anymore once they come!

Small toddler victories like this make me happy. ^_^ I guess being short has its advantages!

~ moogle

Awesome! Colors are always more fun. :thumbsup:

And the reason that they don't offer adult sizes in colors is because somewhere along the line, adult became synonymous with boring. <_<

Awesome! Colors are always more fun. :thumbsup:

And the reason that they don't offer adult sizes in colors is because somewhere along the line, adult became synonymous with boring. <_<

I know, that's why I gripe about it every chance I get. ^_^

I hated that gray color on my crutches,(mine are just like the pics) I never tied to paint them because they have like a rubberized cover, that peels off over time.

My crutches got very bad looking and scratched from me tossing them on the ground when I was getting out of my corvette, but a few years ago I got strong enough not to need them any longer, so now they are just ugly reminders of worse times.

I was going to throw then away, but I may need them someday, I hope not, but it isn't out of the question.

I saw colored ones when I had mine but never looked into buying them.

I hated that gray color on my crutches,(mine are just like the pics) I never tied to paint them because they have like a rubberized cover, that peels off over time.

My crutches got very bad looking and scratched from me tossing them on the ground when I was getting out of my corvette, but a few years ago I got strong enough not to need them any longer, so now they are just ugly reminders of worse times.

I was going to throw then away, but I may need them someday, I hope not, but it isn't out of the question.

I saw colored ones when I had mine but never looked into buying them.

The scratches are the worst. The epoxy likes to separate from the cuffs too, eventually, which looks yucky.

~ moogle

Darkfinn's idea is right on target! In most of where we desire things that are not readily available in retail, being creative, using a few appropriate tools and applying a little skill goes far.

Moogle, I'm glad you got not only what makes you happy but also functions better.

Aloha ya'll!