LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Do I Know If This School Is Worth My Time And Money?

Hey I was wondering if any of you guys knew of this school or anyone who graduated? I'm attending the school for a bachlers in Digital media production. Please let me know. I just want to make sure their degree will get me a job or if they're trying to scam me.

Hey I was wondering if any of you guys knew of this school or anyone who graduated? I'm attending the school for a bachlers in Digital media production. Please let me know. I just want to make sure their degree will get me a job or if they're trying to scam me.

Good question. You need to do some research on your own. I just looked up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Academy_of_Design_and_Technology and I'm a tiny bit skeptical based on reading just a few lines. But go beyond just wiki information!

They are 'nationally accredited' but not 'regionally'...I don't know exactly what that means in practical terms. Look into and check their accreditation more. Make sure you can transfer your credits to other schools just in case you decide to. Ask for specifics about their graduates - not just 'our graduates go on to...'

Do you know or can you talk with anyone in the field you want to make it into? What do they know about this school?

On the one hand, this school seems to have been around for a while, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are a good school and can help you get where you want to be. Beware of a sketchy school - especially if they want you when other more respectable/reputable schools aren't interested in you. Check out the schools that are KNOWN to be good at producing people in your field...

Beware also as you go into an application process, as many -even good- schools are now pressuring people to commit. Know what you're doing before getting too far into the process and beware or pressure tactics.

Have you thought about checking back with your old high school - or even a different high school local to you now - and asking for help...either for direct information they might have on the school or for ways you can go about checking up on whether you can trust this school or not?

Good luck!

Good luck getting started in the graphic design field right now... there are thousands of professional graphic designers out of work nationwide.

If you want a degree that will get you a job... you need to go into medicine, business, or education. Those are really the only fields that are expanding right now.

Heres the best way to know, talk to people are you school in the department you want to work in... and say "if i came to you with a degree from this school would you consider me hirable?"

its a great way to find out.

Also, look at some other schools that offer the same program, and compare what they offer, what their accredidations are, etc....etc....etc...

good the name of the school followed by the word "review"...

you'll get lots of websites with different reviews...

oh yeah and NEVER TRUST A WIKI ENTRY!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Rule of thumb I've all ways followed if you've seen an add for the school on TV. Chances are, it's not worth your time, and you will be ripped off paying their "reasonable" tuition rates.

If you want to go to school for graphic design man, look up some of the public universities in Washington and see what kind of curriculum they offer toward your desired degree. Assuming money is probably an issue, I'm very sure there's at least one public university that has some extremely affordable rates to attend. Not to mention, a school with a bit of tradition, prestige, and accreditation will do wonders for getting you a job after you graduate.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice you guys. I am currently checking other schools out and making a list to compare and contrast them. I'm also going to call up the teachers that "work in the fields they teach" and ask some of their former employers what they did.