LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Was: Pricing Poll - Now: Dry 24/7 For Canadians On The Way!

The train is in Edmonton since this morning. Well.. looking at the clock now that's pretty much yesterday morning. So the cases are sitting about ten minutes driving distance from me.

I'm awaiting word of how much suffering customs is going to put me through. It could be a "$200 cursory inspection and release" or a "$2000 de-stuffing and through examination in a bonded warehouse"

Your container is customs released. Luckily customs did not want to pull the container for a full destuff and released it at rail. Unfortunately they did not update the system until late Friday afternoon ... there is storage for over the weekend

I'll take storage fees over customs fees ... I might see the shipment on Monday!

Our warehouse echos pretty bad, we need these boxes in it :D

• 5 months later...

Hi folks, just a quick status note.

1. We noticed tonight that our ground shipping rate on sample packs was messed up. :bash:

The length/width/height were in the wrong boxes and Canada Post was giving estimates based on a package that was 32 cm tall instead of long.

If you've looked at getting samples recently and wondered why it wanted to bilk you for $20+ in shipping, well, my bad, I've learned to read. Please try again.

2. We have no stock issues, so you can order knowing your shipment will leave on the next business day.

3. We're shipping in the morning which means as long as you get your order in by dinner time the day before, you won't miss out and have to wait an extra day.

4. We are still looking for a way to facilitate pickups in Edmonton without causing the price to inflate.

Retail stores obviously want to take a cut of the price, and we cannot afford this without passing the cost along. We've talked to a few and it is just not feasible for them to eat their storage/shelf space.

That said, I am open to delivering group orders to one place without extra cost, such as the ABDL meetups in Edmonton. (I've signed up on the forum, but I still await someone to approve me.)

With the business being home-based and located outside Edmonton, it's not possible to organize pickups from the "warehouse" as it were. We work full-time so no one is home anyways.

If anyone has a tangible thought to help solve this issue, I'm all ears. Until then, we'll have to stick with the Canada Post shipping.

Honestly, if we were to stick these in a retail store, it would end up costing you more with the markup and the gas to go get them than it does to have them dropped at your door by the PO.

I'm going to poke my CP rep and see if they will push me to the next pricing tier as well.

Cheers everyone!