LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Excited And Depressed!

Just got my new iPhone4 and it looks cool as heck.... but stopped for breakfast after and learned my favorite restaurant is closing in 2 days as the owner is seriously ill (apparently been hiding the fact that she has cancer for some time now.) bunch of good people out of work, and someone I consider a friend ill but being impressively brave about it!

I Wish that I had the money for an iPhone :( . But 700 bucks it way to much for me. Also, I'm sorry to hear that your favourite restaurant is closing... food equals love ;) . But too much love usually results in getting fat :) .

-TDL

I wish that I had the carrier for an iPhone <_<. But giving up Verizon is way too much for me.

-Sophie

Androids, unite!

I'll be running 7.9 whenever I get my HTC Believable.

Speaking of, does anyone know how to make the battery life not suck? Because I heard it really sucks...

-Sophie

Buy an iPhone? HTC is known for their bad batteries (No offence HTC, but I'd rather like some chinese kids to make me phones).

-TDL

I'm on a family plan on Verizon. Switching providers means paying my own bill. :angel_not:

-Sophie

Life does suck sometimes, doesn't it? :Crylol:

I'll be running 2.1 whenever I get my HTC Incredible.

Speaking of, does anyone know how to make the battery life not suck? Because I heard it really sucks...

-Sophie

Besides the obvious of switching 3g off when you aren't using data, turning GPS tracking off when you aren't using it and dimming the screen, there are severalcompanies that make better batteries for HTC (and other) phones. Usually the batteries have more cells rather than being better quality, so they're a bit bulkier, but it's an option. The original battery in the Incredible is a 1300mAh, and this one is a 2150mAh.

That is a big ass battery......

It even requires a new door!

-Sophie

It is that :lol:. There may be other, slimmer ones if you look around. Just Google "extended battery" for the Incredible. And give it time, it's a new phone and manufacturers should post better options. And check out Phandroid they're pretty awesome with keeping track of all the Android news. :thumbsup:

Here you go! 1750 mAh batt that fits in the original slot. Innocell

Edited by wellpadded

I already ordered the Incredible.

I didn't get the Droid X for 2 reasons. 1.) It's WAYYY too big for me. I just can't have a phone that size. It'd drive me crazy. 2.) No HTC widgets, and I love my HTC widgets...

-Sophie

1750 from 1300 doesn't seem like much of a jump... would it even be worth it?

-Sophie

Can't say for sure, the Nexus One has similar specs as the Incredible in many ways and it only has a 1400mAh battery. What are people saying about battery life/time? I found with my 3Gs (which had a similar problem) that I did fine as long as I was smart about it. Under normal use, I just charged it through the night and it made it through the day. 450mAh is a fairly significant jump and should yield extended usable life. But then, it's $50. I'd say get the phone, play with it, change some settings to stretch it and see if you can make it work. If you can't... then I'd go for the 2150mAh from HTC/Verizon that I mentioned before and put up with the larger size. :thumbsup:

Oh. And as for the other recommendations...

I intend to put my brightness on auto.

I intend to turn off wifi when not using it.

I intend to never use bluetooth.

But I'd really like to keep the GPS on so I don't need to deal with "on and off" every time I go somewhere.

What do you think?

-Sophie

Can't say for sure, the Nexus One has similar specs as the Incredible in many ways and it only has a 1400mAh battery. What are people saying about battery life/time?

Some say an hour of talk time kills it.

Other's say the battery is just not calibrated right so it drains fast, but lasts a long time at 10%ish.

People I have seen typically charge it at least once thoughout the day. One person had to charge it four times.

Then again, this is the internet and I'm not sure how much of this is reliable.

-Sophie

get the droid x when it comes out.

less than the iphone and pretty much the same thing.

this can also help: http://gizmodo.com/5571614/iphone-4s-real-cost-versus-other-top-smartphones

also, by turning down the brightness, gps and bluetooth when not in use and wireless you can have your phone last for 3 days :3

I already ordered the Incredible.

I didn't get the Droid X for 2 reasons. 1.) It's WAYYY too big for me. I just can't have a phone that size. It'd drive me crazy. 2.) No HTC widgets, and I love my HTC widgets...

-Sophie

I think you made the better choice then. Other than the screen, the specs for Incredible and X are pretty much the same. X comes with a 1570mAh vs the 1300mAh in the Incredible... but that's really the most significant difference (negligible difference in usable time, that screen will suck it dry :lol:). The screen resolution is actually the same in both phones, so the Incredible will look crisper to the eye (more pixels per sq in). The TI 3630 processor might be a bit snappier, but probably not noticeably so.

Oh and the Incredible comes with Flash Lite... With the X you're waiting until Froyo for Flash... And HTC is always better about distro'ing the new Android updates than Moto.

I generally left my GPS on as well, I used it too much for work to be switching on and off all the time.

The auto-brightness... not sure, it may be worth trying that for a few days.. then switching to the lowest brightness setting you can see and see if there is a difference.

Def kill bluetooth and WiFi when not in use.

Also try turning the screen off manually immediately after use rather than waiting for the auto-kill (which usually takes several minutes depending on the settings).

I'm switching my screen lock to 30 seconds. But I always lock it with the button regardless...

Speaking of killing... what is everyone's view on a task killer. I seem to get mixed reviews online, but from what I gather it slows down the OS and doesn't do anything the system doesn't do on it's own anyway, given time.

-Sophie