LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Activity Songs

Mary-Ann

what activity songs (you do actions to the music ) do you like ?

my favourites are , running bear, mr sun, itsy bitsy spider , if your happy and you know it .

there is many others . are there dvds of them ?

this is a wonderful topic you've brought up Mary-Ann. it's a shame more people don't discuss this more often. if you wish, you can find online song sites that give lyrics and often times provide the music, without charge. the songs you've mentioned are great fun...it's also nice to sing the patta-cake song with a little one. itsy bitsy spider is a joy, and little miss muffet is a wonderful opportunity to please a little one in a very gentle way. another fun action song to help make life's daily chores pleasant is "here we go 'round the Mulberr Bush," as that song makes personal care such as brushing our hair, or washing our face have enjoyable meaning. the list is endless and is only limited to one's imagination and creativity. but you've started a worthy topic and thread. i hope it continues because i'm going to take personal interests in it! :thumbsup:

The Itsy Bitsy Spider, 5 little Monkeys jumping on the Bed, 5 little monkey's swinging in the tree, If you're happy and you know it, I'm a little Tea Pot, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.............I could go on but because my big side works with small children I know quite a few songs and fingerplays.

The Itsy Bitsy Spider, 5 little Monkeys jumping on the Bed, 5 little monkey's swinging in the tree, If you're happy and you know it, I'm a little Tea Pot, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.............I could go on but because my big side works with small children I know quite a few songs and fingerplays.

i think that's wonderful you shared that babymaggie. the *little tea pot* song is very cute! there are so many many more! i wish more people would feel comfortable coming forward sharing as we have done here. always feel free to do so! :thumbsup:

what activity songs (you do actions to the music ) do you like ?

my favourites are , running bear, mr sun, itsy bitsy spider , if your happy and you know it .

there is many others . are there dvds of them ?

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=mozilla-20&index=blended&link_code=qs&field-keywords=baby%20songs%20dvd&sourceid=Mozilla-search

So far, 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider' is getting rave reviews. I like it as well. Also, 'This Litte Piggy'... Sorry all, but the Mulburry Bush is one of those songs that annoy me - prob due to me having memories of Nuns trying to get us to do that every morning in school when I was young, and giving out to us for not doing the movements etc.

Guest Baby Tiana

My personal favorite's are

1.) Five Little Monkey's Jumping On The Bed

2.) The Wheels On The Bus

3.) Fifty Nifty United States

4.) You Are My Sunshine

5.) The Dynamite Song (very similar the beer bottle one, where you knock them down...)

6.) Head And Shoulder's, Knees, And Toes

7.) I'm A Little Tea Pot (that used to my all time favorite as a child. I even had this weird movie where I learned it from. That had the be one of the greatest movies of all time!!)

8.) Say Say Oh Playmate

9.) My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean (I was taught, my barney, from all the years of watching Barney as a kid)

10.)One, Two, Three, Four

11.)Rain Rain Go Away

12.)Splish Splash

Okay, so this is just a very very small list of some of the activity songs I've always enjoyed! :)

• Like 1

this undoubtedly is one of my favorite threads on DD site! the list of activity songs can go on endlessly and sorry! i'm the only one who brought up the song "here we go 'round the mulberry bush." i guess i didn't have any negative experiences from it. it was always a happy activity song that a group could do together. london bridges is a nice song and a tisket a tasket a green and yellow basket is another fun one especially with toddlers. the famer in the dell is fun too because kids get to mimic and immitate the different farm animals with noises and body motions.

let's keep this thread going. it's a fun, healthy, and wholesome one! :)

Guest Baby Tiana

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about London Bridge. My friends and I used to make a bridge out of our body, and see how many people could get under it before the person couldn't hold themselves up anymore. That's had to be one of the most entertaining games as a kid...along with Red Rover.

What is this mulberry bush. Aside from being one that helps with personal hygiene.

I just looked it up, and I was taught this as a young kid. :) Although, we never sang it as the mulberry bush. My mother called it the wake up song when i was little.

Edited by Baby Tiana
Guest Baby Tiana

Today I started randomly singing the "muffin man song" along with "hot cross buns" I felt so silly. I can't believe they hadn't crossed my mind last night. Especially hot cross buns, since that's one of the songs I first learned to play on my violin, along with "twinkle twinkle little star" and "oh come little children"

In fact, there are soooo many songs that I should have listed... Although I'm not sure they all count as activity songs. Then again, they could since you're playing the violin while singing along in your head. :)

• Like 1

Today I started randomly singing the "muffin man song" along with "hot cross buns" I felt so silly. I can't believe they hadn't crossed my mind last night. Especially hot cross buns, since that's one of the songs I first learned to play on my violin, along with "twinkle twinkle little star" and "oh come little children"

In fact, there are soooo many songs that I should have listed... Although I'm not sure they all count as activity songs. Then again, they could since you're playing the violin while singing along in your head. :)

Baby Tiana, don't ever feel silly about either playing or singing those two lovely songs at random. "at random"is the best time because it captures the extemporaneous honesty of the moment! that's precisely when to do it! "hot cross buns" and "the muffin man" are delightful songs to sing, and i would think any mother who cares for her child would be enthused to join with her little one singing them. one of the great things about any of these activity songs is words can be substituted to capture the activity of the moment, such as with the Mulberry Bush song. if a little one is helping her mommy sort laundry or sweep the floor, or do dusting, or bake goodies in the oven, those words can be fit into the song. whatever a mother is doing with her little one can be incorporated in that song and many more. humor and laughter would make it a wholesome healthy delight don't forget, and the result is gifting the day with bright sunshine and cheer for both a mother and her little one! thank-you for sharing that Tiana, and thanks to Lauren and Baby Maggie and others who have made positive contributions to a thread i find most enjoyable and meaningful! :thumbsup: i hope others feel free to join in and contribute their ideas and reflections! :)

Baby Rescue, that song, "Hush Little Baby" is an excellent song when soothing a little one to sleep after a long busy day. there are numerous other lullalbye songs as well. one of the hardest lullabye songs to sing, probably because of the wide melodic voice leaps is "Rock-a-bye-baby" and if the mother singing it doesn't have good voice control it comes out sounding funny and off-key. :roflmao: which i would imagine is an opportune time to laugh and giggle anyway. :P either way, all these activity and/or lullabye songs should bring sunshine and cheer to both a mother and her little one. :thumbsup:

Guest Baby Tiana

My favoritest song to sing was the 3 little monkeys jumping on the bed song cuz I would bounce up and down on the bed until it was time to fall over and then bounce off the bed...that one kinda hurt if ya fell wrong. hehe My r/l mommy used to sing me the hush little baby song...the one where mommy's gonna buy me a diamond ring.. I cant remember the title of it completely.

Rescue, that just so happened to be the song my adoptive mother sang to me each and every night. Then afterwards, she'd tuck me in -making sure not to forget my hand made baby blanket she won at a church auction- then twist the little nob on my unicorn so it could start singing to me as I fell asleep. I remember I refused to touch the little metal turn dial, because it meant more to me if she turned it. So, there were nights where I had to call for her to come back into my room to crank it all the way again. Ahhh... such great memories. But this all happened after she read me my favorite book based on the cultural of my home land. You can tell just how much this book meant to me, because the front page fell off.

Thank-you for allowing me to remember such things this evening. It really makes me think twice about blowing up like a volcano at her when she hurts me, or for me to completely push her away.

• Like 1

ionope, that has got to be one of the cutest activity songs i've ever seen! sweet blessings to you for sharing that wonderful piece. it's fun, it's healthy, it's upbeat, and its positive! one of the very best i've ever seen! :thumbsup:

thank you! I want more songs like this. I love dancing in my diapies. :)

Guest Baby Tiana

So far the only one I've used is the Diaper Dance:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zHwg17I2hNQ

It's fun, and it's about diapers. What's there not to love?

That had to be one of the most adorable video's I've seen. Sort of reminds me of those "mommy and baby" classes you can take with your child. I bet those would be so much fun. Can't you just see the little munchkins laughing -which in turn makes the parent's laugh, because of the down right adorableness of it all, then the parents bouncing their child in their arms, or suspending them up in the air for a short moment and quickly warping their arms around their child with a large grin plastered to their face. Just witnessing something like that would have any bitter person's heart melting, like wax from a candle! :)

On another note, all day today I've been singing these songs that as a kid, we'd all sing to pick who went first in a game.

"Inky Pinky Ponky, Daddy had a donkey, Donkey died, Daddy cried, Inky Pinky Ponky"

Sadly I can't remember the rest of it. But that's just one of many my friends and I used to pick who went first. This would happen over and over again, due to the fact everyone put in either both hands or feet.

"Skunk in a barnyard, P U, Somebody let it, that's you!" (I believe that's how is went.....)

I'm sure if you google these you'd be able to find the correct words and spelling....

this is a wonderful topic you've brought up Mary-Ann. it's a shame more people don't discuss this more often. if you wish, you can find online song sites that give lyrics and often times provide the music, without charge. the songs you've mentioned are great fun...it's also nice to sing the patta-cake song with a little one. itsy bitsy spider is a joy, and little miss muffet is a wonderful opportunity to please a little one in a very gentle way. another fun action song to help make life's daily chores pleasant is "here we go 'round the Mulberr Bush," as that song makes personal care such as brushing our hair, or washing our face have enjoyable meaning. the list is endless and is only limited to one's imagination and creativity. but you've started a worthy topic and thread. i hope it continues because i'm going to take personal interests in it! :thumbsup:

thank you miss manners :)