LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Traveling Overseas..

Somethings have come up and I will be traveling overseas to stay with relatives. I will be getting a new job and basically starting a life over there.

I have a very overactive bladder, and wearing diapers has been a great tool to treat the problem. Now that I am going overseas I and living with people I have never met in real life before (fathers side of the family) I am worried about incontinence. This is something I have never really shared with anyone and I certainly do not want to tell my relatives. But do you think it will be possible to hide this from them?

I have tried to stop using diapers, but it has got to the point where I need to void every hour to the point of almost bursting.

I have no insurance, nor do I want to do any insurance, but I was wondering what type of medicine they could give me and do you think it would be worth doing. Are there any risks to these medications, what would they be doing to my body?

Medications for overactive bladder are usually expensive, and don't have a huge chance of success. Vesicare is the newest, with a 23% success rate verses 21% over those taking the sugar pill. What this says is that the mind has allot to play into it. As to side effects. Think of benedryl side effects. Dry mouth, dizziness, etc. You can google "medication interaction calculator" and type in say vesicare and whatever other meds you might be taking to get possible interactions. I'm not sure how vesicare works exactly, but I think the goal is to calm the bladder if I remember correctly. Hope this helps.

It may be embarrassing, but I suggest that you have a talk with your relations once you get there. These kinds of things are easier in person. (I know from experience) It is only fair that they know- it's their bedding right? :) They are being helpful enough to house you- so trust them to help you navigate the local health care infrastructure. They will know about state-sponsored medical care, and can help you get the supplies you need and even things like plastic bags & trash can in your room, rash creams, etc.

BTW, I am only suggesting using any state-sponsored insurance for your incon supplies- not for meds, although that would be your choice. Meds never worked well for me, so that is my bias.

Medications for overactive bladder are usually expensive, and don't have a huge chance of success. Vesicare is the newest, with a 23% success rate verses 21% over those taking the sugar pill.

23% isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. "Yay, I only need diapers 75% of the time. Now if I only knew when that 75% would be..."