LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Alternatives To Depend Boost?

I have, due to living situation, been unable to wear diapers for awhile-since last fall. My diaper of choice was Depend fitted maximum protection paired with a depend boost pad.

I was disappointed to read on here last week that Kimberly Clarke has stopped producing the Depend Boost. Which is too bad because the Boost pads are what made Depends dependable.

The reason I liked the combination is that both the diaper and the boost pad was readily available at Walmart. They were easy for me to buy and the combination worked well for me.

My question is does Walmart, i haven't been to one in awhile, sell any other boost pads (do they make their own brand of boost pad?) or will I have to order booster pads online now? TIA!!

Well Tranquility puts out some liners that you could use that are similar...and then there are always the Bambino Duo and Quadro. I think there are some other ones but I mainly use the Bambino Duo and Tranquility ones. Both really good.

She's right that the only boost alternatives are mail-order or medical supply store only. If your requirements include that your products must be available in stores as well, the thing I can suggest is using a specially cut baby diaper as your stuffer. There are plenty of previous posts and other web sites that describe it.

Good luck. I miss Depends Boost as well. I found that they made a cheap diaper like a Sam's Club Members Mark into a decent one. I've done the cut and trim method before, but it's more work and I have mail-order stuffers now.

She's right that the only boost alternatives are mail-order or medical supply store only. If your requirements include that your products must be available in stores as well, the thing I can suggest is using a specially cut baby diaper as your stuffer. There are plenty of previous posts and other web sites that describe it.

Good luck. I miss Depends Boost as well. I found that they made a cheap diaper like a Sam's Club Members Mark into a decent one. I've done the cut and trim method before, but it's more work and I have mail-order stuffers now.

I actually tend to buy the Tena inserts. While they are not "boosts," technically, they fill the role very well.

I actually tend to buy the Tena inserts. While they are not "boosts," technically, they fill the role very well.

Do you know if those are sold in stores? I think walmart may sell some Tena stuff but am not sure. Do you know the specific name or is it just Tena inserts? And what brand of diapers do you use them in (do you use them with Depend?) Thanks!!!

I know its considered a pad, but the Tranquility overnights do great for a night time booster and I have found the heavy classed ones to work well during the day, just remember to cut the slits on the plastic backed side and you should be good to go. :thumbsup:

As a Depends wearer, I’ve come to appreciate the extra security that the Tena Ultimate Pad adds to this diaper. Simply cut a few slits between the adhesive strips, stretch out the Depends and stick the pad to the diaper (a bit more forward for a male). Since the pads are available at most pharmacies I’ve found this a reasonable alternative to mail order high-end diapers. The Tena pad seems to be able to absorb amazingly quickly and then passes the wetness to the Depends slowly. The only downside is that the pad can swell considerably.

As above, some of the pads available in stores would work well as a booster, since they are basically the same thing. Also, the bambino quatros are amazing, and if you go to xpmedical, in their booster section, they have doublers and boosters by abena that are great!

yes you have to order them, but if you want the 'good stuff' it might be worth a bit of extra work...

Just me

qwack

As far as actually getting something in the stores... I would maybe try taking a Tena pad and punching holes in the backing. I don't know of anything available on the shelf at Wal-mart that is comparable.

As I said in the other thread on this subject, I've been very pleased with the diaper doublers sold by Babies R Us lately. I bought a pack a couple of weeks ago and went back for two more (60 stuffers total) yesterday. They hold quite a bit and get lovely and squishy when wet. Nice and cheap, too.

As I said in the other thread on this subject, I've been very pleased with the diaper doublers sold by Babies R Us lately. I bought a pack a couple of weeks ago and went back for two more (60 stuffers total) yesterday. They hold quite a bit and get lovely and squishy when wet. Nice and cheap, too.

I second this suggestion. In pre-Boost days I would use one or two baby's diaper doublers with great effect. Probably have to go back to using them again now.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in the other topic on the subject (which I can't find now :( ) but for those who use and like Depend Boost you can go on the depend website and on the bottom of the page there is a "contact us" section where you can then write them a note. If people make enough noise the company may bring them back. It's a longshot, yes, but it could happen.