LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why I Think I Am A Ab/Dl! (This Makes So Much Sense!)

Hey so im in college and im taking Psychology 101 and we are learning about behaviors and Freud who in the 1800s came up with a chart about pleasure and Psychosexual stages and the chart looks something like this:

Oral (0-18 months) you find pleasure in putting things in your mouth

Anal (18-36 months) you find pleasure in bowel and bladder elimination (like peeing in your diaper)

Phallic (3-6 years) you find pleasure in playing with yourself

Latency (6 to puberty) you have dormant sexual feelings

Genital (puberty and on) Maturation of sexual interest

then the teacher went on to say:

"In Freud’s view, maladaptive adult behavior results from conflicts unresolved during the oral, anal, and phallic stages. At any point, conflict can lock, or fixate, the person’s pleasure-seeking energies in that stage."

which means that at any point in the Psychosexual stages you can be locked in for one reason or another.

Now im the oldest child and my sister is 2 years younger than me so that means when she was born i was 2 (22 months to be exact) so all the attention that my parents gave me went to her. So in theory i became fixated in the Anal stage, and thats why i like diapers. This seems to me to make 110% seeing that i like to pretend that im 2 when im in daipers.

What do you think? and does this help anyone else that reads this understand y they are ab dl???

• Like 2

I've saw some patterns too when I was in my phsycology class as well that made me better understand reasons as to why I may be the way I am. I didn't see this one but it totally makes sense in my case as well.

At about age two my mom decided to pull my sister and I out of daycare and do in home daycare. Obviosely what this meant was the attention I got from my parents got distributed to the other children more than ever. Even though daycare was a weekday only event and morning until afternoon/evening, it still cut into the attention the majority of my waking hours. Then a year later my younger sister was born and the 24/7 attention went to her so it just compounded the problem. Middle children often feel overlook and it's been proven to often be the case in studies but add in daycare inbetween and a recipe for disaster happens for me apparently. I guess I got locked in the bladder, bowel phase too. I remember being young and jealous of all the attention the babies got since they needed the attention more than any other age group. I wanted to be the baby, get the special attention, have my mom talk to me the way she did to the babies and be treated like them. I felt this way as far back as I can recall and it continued to my teen years where it went less from wanting the babying and diapering from my true mom into someone else or just plain being put in diapers myself. My desire for diapers was the biggest thing, not as much the babying but have always had that desire too. I remember to wanting attention for anything even braces on my teeth, breaking an arm/leg whatever, just to have a cast and get that attention from classmates. I remember jumping off a swingset as high as I could go and trying to break my arm!? Crazy I know but never had success. Guess I was too tough a little kid or didn't try hard enough? Anyway, interesting how I fit into that category of "Anal" and can easily find and explanation of why. Makes sense to me.

Unreal how something so seemingly innocent and your parents are totally unaware of can cause issues for the rest of your life. Makes me fear being a parent and slipping up once saying the wrong thing that could somehow trigger and destroy something for my child years later.

Good info and thanks for posting.

I was the youngest of three.

none of this applies to me.

I am a little because I had to fend for myself at a young age.

my father was an abusive alcoholic and my mother was

a neglectful headcase. She was in and out of psyche institutes.

From a young age I took care of her.

I had to go to her group meetings with her.

My dad finally left when I was 8.

I've still got alot of anger.

I have abandonment issues.

trust issues.

mommy&daddy issues...

analyze that!

I'm a Little cause I'm just one effed up dude!

Difference is I have accepted it...and embraced it.

I still have my bipolar swings but I'm still here.

just wait until you take abnormal psych...

you'll have so many more reasons as to why you are the way you are in that class!!!! :P

but i will say that while yes freud did many things to advance the field of psychotherapy.. the majority of his theories were untested and basically he sorta just made them up to fit what he believed.. he never did any real scientific study to help provide further evidence for his theories..

• Like 2

I wish I completely understood why.

I agree with you for the most part.

There was a lot of drama around me when I was little. I think it was a way to pull back and not be affected by the stress that was around me.

I think I was five the first time I did anything infantile. There was a baby seat left at my parents. I remember pulling my pants off to just my tightie whities and sat in it. Everything went away except the feeling like a baby in a baby seat.

I think being an adult baby is the counterbalance of my personality. I don't want to sound egotistical but I am one of those huge personality people. When I walk into a room people stop. Some people have "it", and I'm full of "it". I have lived a wild life. Lot of the things that I've done and seen, if I didn't do and see these things, I wouldn't believe it. I think in life you have participants and spectators. I am a participant. You are some spectator's "reality show" where they live vicariously through you. I encourage life's spectators to become participants. Really I'm just doing my thing.

I think being an adult baby balances that out. Where as at times I can be really "big", the other sides of me is really "little". It is the feeling of letting everything go and the only important things are am I hungry or wet.

I wish I completely understood why.

I agree with you for the most part.

There was a lot of drama around me when I was little. I think it was a way to pull back and not be affected by the stress that was around me.

I think I was five the first time I did anything infantile. There was a baby seat left at my parents. I remember pulling my pants off to just my tightie whities and sat in it. Everything went away except the feeling like a baby in a baby seat.

I think being an adult baby is the counterbalance of my personality. I don't want to sound egotistical but I am one of those huge personality people. When I walk into a room people stop. Some people have "it", and I'm full of "it". I have lived a wild life. Lot of the things that I've done and seen, if I didn't do and see these things, I wouldn't believe it. I think in life you have participants and spectators. I am a participant. You are some spectator's "reality show" where they live vicariously through you. I encourage life's spectators to become participants. Really I'm just doing my thing.

I think being an adult baby balances that out. Where as at times I can be really "big", the other sides of me is really "little". It is the feeling of letting everything go and the only important things are am I hungry or wet.

haha.....wow

A conversation that took place the first day of my collage psychology class:

Student: "What about Freud?"

Teacher: "Freud was a nut. We won't be studying him."

psychology at best is a psuedo science. there are so few objective studies, let alone tested theorems. Freud was a nut job, however some of what was stated makes sense, however it is lacking testable data to form any kind of legitimate conclusion.

As I always say, who cares why, just rock the how.

I saw a therapist for a while after I had my stroke and I told her everything about me. After going through most of my life, it seemed pretty obvious what triggered my fetish.

When I was 11 years old(just starting puberty), my family lived next door to a family that included a mother, grandmother and three sons. The middle son was my age and we became good friends. He had a bedwetting problem. Since this was the early 80s, his mother didn't accept that there was a medical reason for his bedwetting. She insisted he was either too lazy to get out of bed to use the toilet or was too afraid of the dark to do so. Her method of trying to cure his bedwetting was to embarass and humiliate him. Everyone in the neighborhood knew he wore diapers to bed and his mother encouraged everyone to tease him about it. His older brother was very adept at humiliating him.

I had sleepovers at his house quite often, but the most memorable was the first time. He was embarassed about being diapered for bed, even though I already knew all about it. He begged his mother not to make him wear a diaper while he had company and promised not to wet the bed. She agreed and didn't diaper him that night. The next morning he woke up soaking wet and she was livid. Even though it was day time, she put him in a diaper and made him play outside until she finished cleaning his sheets. We hid in his backyard, so nobody would see him. Many more incidents happened over the next few years, which leads me to the apparent reason for my fetish.

According to my therapist, being a middle child myself I felt ignored by my parents. I always did well in school and rarely got in trouble, so they figured I was fine. I was actually craving attention. My pubescent mind decided that any attention was better than no attention, so I began to fantasize about being in my friend's place. Getting all of that negative attention for bedwetting and wearing diapers. This, of course, created a sexual link in my mind that carries through to adulthood.

Guest Saya

So what catagory would i fall under since i'm the youngest in the family but never felt rejected by my parents or anything like that, infact we all had a normal child hood tbh..

It is outdated science, of course, and doesn't have evidence to back it up, but I suppose it could be food for thought.

I remember my experience as a small child - I had a difficult time potty training. I refused to use the toilet and was put into diapers when I needed to use one. Eventually though, my parents grew tired of this and forced me into using the toilet which really scared me. They were only doing what they thought was best, of course, but I can see how it could have had that effect on my psyche. I used Pull-Ups back then, and since I've started using diapers, I've preferred Pull-Ups to taped diapers for the feeling. It's not evidence, but it makes sense to me.

Just because it works for some, doesn't mean it works for all people. You're not going to get an "everyone, always, every time" all the time out of theories. It just works for some and not for others. You may fit into the category because of an issue you had so young you don't even remember it happening unless you can recall everything since you were born.

Have you ever been told not to do something over and over as a child but kept doing it until finally, the person telling you not to do it made a big scene that embarrassed you or something traumatic happened to you where you felt uncomfortable and therefore in your mind you said "I'm never doing that again". Even today this happens to me where I say to myself over something, never doing that again. Often we learn by mistakes or uncomfortable situations and it becomes imprinted on us. When the same situation arises later, we may consciously or subconsciously recall that situation that will direct us in the right direction or come up with the right answer because of a prior mistake.

Say you had a diaper split at work down the back, the next day you will likely do something different to prevent an embarrassment to yourself of having that situation happen again. You'll likely change something you do for the REST OF YOUR LIFE even! Now, not all will change something for the rest of their life, some may chalk it up to a once in a lifetime event and continue about doing this as usual. This example is similar to the kind of thing that possibly as a young child or adult, something happened to us that caused us to be the way we are. I don't believe it's genetic simply because diapers are a pretty current invention and you'd also have to be introduced to them in order to have a desire for them. If you'd never in your life seen a diaper, how could you want to wear one?

Psychologists don't know what triggers fetishes, anyone who tries to make a claim of the cause is simply making a conjecture or an educated guess.

Wouldn't you think that the person engaging in fetish behavior would have some clue as to what makes them want to do it? I'll bet with a little soul-searching we could discover some--or most--of the answers.

I've dabbled in a little Freudian psych before. It's just a theory; there's plenty more to it than that.

However, I think there must have been a few episodes during the anal stage that could have caused it. I remember being changed once from around that time as well as wetting/soiling one time (so obviously I had enjoyed it... it's a bit disturbing to think about but this is how things are). My mum had run out of nappies one time and while me, being the incont 2.5 year old I was just messed :P to her dismay (again, I don't know how I remember these things, but since I did I probably liked it).

Also I remember when I was just trained (but still wearing at night) wanting to use my nappy but not being able to release and having to go to the toilet. I think so obviously wanting to use one intentionally could have made a difference. But then for the next few years (until I was at least 11) any desires for them went away. Perhaps they were just 'dormant'

Anyway, there are tons of theories out there. Even if you had a 100% perfect scientific understanding of life, the universe and everything, what does it really change? You still just live your life and that's just that

psychology at best is a psuedo science. there are so few objective studies, let alone tested theorems. Freud was a nut job, however some of what was stated makes sense, however it is lacking testable data to form any kind of legitimate conclusion.

As I always say, who cares why, just rock the how.

Yes, absolutely. Especially since his was one of the very first theories

At least he tried :/

• 3 weeks later...

dude it makes sense for me, and until someone else can come up with somthing more solid im sticking to it

Though I think you've nailed it for yourself, (and probably more than a few other people too) there are definitely a lot of different psychologies at work in the diaper community. My mom started potty training me way too early (I wasn't even two) and as a result I feel like I probably got fixated at the anal stage just like you did. I've always had bladder control problems, (maybe because of muscles that didn't develop right because of trying to hold it too early) and as such I started wishing for diapers for obvious practical reasons as well, such as not being shamed when I wet my pants in front of people. As much as people are throwing out what Freud said these days, I think the fact that all of us are wearing diapers as adults probably indicates that something didn't appeal to us about potty training and/or the way our parents went about it.