LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This Kink Of Ours

Glendl,

unfortunately you are trying to describe, what is, in essence, a uniqueness. There is common traits between all similar interests, and the ab/dl/littles etc interest is no different. Unfortunately, for the count of similarities, there is equal amount of differences, and it is the differences that make each of us unique. To try and classify a person as an AB or a DL etc is to stereotype them and is both unfair and incorrect. Stereotypes, being a simplified description and a list of common traits, are in there definition, incorrect, since no one full complies to all the set traits of a stereotype, Therefore, the stereotype has to wrong, and to try and classify a group of people based on a stereotype has to be flawed.

I will prove, by example, what I have stated above.

Traits :-

1. Likes plushies, maybe sleeps with one.
  2. Wears diapers, maybe wets or soils.
  3. Is fed by another
  4. Uses a pacifier
  5. Uses a bottle
  6. Wears clothes with cartoon charachters on them
#1, A high portion of females still hold onto their plushie from childhood. Some sleep with said plushie on the bed / pillow.

#2 At one or more periods in life, protection garments are chosen for their protection purposes. Many professions use diapers in preference to invasive medical devices. These are to ensure the professional stays at their post over long periods.

#3 There are many cases where an adult is fed by another, when they are well capable of feeding themselves.

#4 The use of a pseudo object to pacify and/or relax a person is obvious. The object to pacify may not be a pacifier, but it can be a cigeratte / cigar / pen / biro / food / or something in particular to sate an oral fixation. Even if the oral fixation is not the desired effect, other things are used to calm and relax, which include involving in a pastime or relaxation therapy. These are ALL pacifiers, as they are used to calm and pacify the person.

#5 Most athletes drink water / sports drink from a bottle with the top designed so that they can drink from the bottle without a glass, and also that they do not spill the liquid while drinking etc. Is this not the core reason a baby bottle was designed - to ensure liquid got to the baby without the baby spilling the liquid in question?

#6 There is a huge market in the sales of adult sized clothing with cartoon characters on same. If the market (demand) didn't exist, then the products would not be manufactured. Also, Disneyland both Paris and Florida gate statistics take in twice the amount of people over the age of 16 than they do under the age of 16.

Having these traits do not state that the person is ABDL or not. Also, some ABDLs choose not to use bottles / diapers etc.

Guest NaughtyAshes

lol you made a multiparagraphed post, with delineated sections, in order to critique a small set of losers who lie on the internet and "misuse" a term lol.

From now on i'm going to use abdl without the slash just to spite you! Well that, and I think it looks aesthetically more pleasing then ab/dl and aesthetics here outweigh all your reasons.

Guest Wetnmessy247

lol you made a multiparagraphed post, with delineated sections, in order to critique a small set of losers who lie on the internet and "misuse" a term lol.

From now on i'm going to use abdl without the slash just to spite you! Well that, and I think it looks aesthetically more pleasing then ab/dl and aesthetics here outweigh all your reasons.

We're losers? :huh:

Well if we are, then I'm the loser of the losers. :(

And I'll be sticking with ABDL thank you very much because when talking about our "strangeness" I say "ABDL" not "AB slash DL". :)

ABDLBLTKFCKKKATMOPECNASA :P

Ummm, why the hostility? I'm still half asleep so some of this went over my head, however, I do have to maintain that age play is in fact part of the Dom and Sub genre, just a different form of it. To me the D/S relationship has the maternal roles and the enslavement roles. There are a lot of both on Fetlife and many of the enslavement camp tend to infiltrate the ab/dl groups. My guess is that many of the enslavement relationship are also into diaper bondage, which tends to be big in our community.

I believe that anyone who fits the AB tag is into age play of some variety, however for myself there is no desire to regress outside the age range of wearing diapers. I believe that maybe we are a sub genre of age play then? I don't really care for titles and group labels so much, since each of us is going to have our own unique takes on things.

Ummm, why the hostility? I'm still half asleep so some of this went over my head, however, I do have to maintain that age play is in fact part of the Dom and Sub genre, just a different form of it. To me the D/S relationship has the maternal roles and the enslavement roles. There are a lot of both on Fetlife and many of the enslavement camp tend to infiltrate the ab/dl groups. My guess is that many of the enslavement relationship are also into diaper bondage, which tends to be big in our community.

I believe that anyone who fits the AB tag is into age play of some variety, however for myself there is no desire to regress outside the age range of wearing diapers. I believe that maybe we are a sub genre of age play then? I don't really care for titles and group labels so much, since each of us is going to have our own unique takes on things.

I'm awake and I don't get it. It seems like Glenndl is slamming someone in particular ("There is a destructive/ non-contributory element within our circle of adults who, after a considerable time living within our familiar social scene, should know better. For example, I feel that a fifty-three year-old adult...") and then goes on to assert some definitions which he wants to state as fact for the rest of us.

Frankly, I just don't care. I'm not here to be scientific about this fetish (these fetishes...). I've been here long enough now so the slam against people who type abdl instead of ab/dl (or must it be AB/DL???) rolls off my back (and down my diapered butt). I don't bother with the slash most of the time because it's easier to type. So convict me of laziness and sentence me to diapers...

My take - and I'm probably wrong - is that Glenndl is upset with one person mainly and trying to be reasoned and educated about his blast of that person. At least that's better than a personalized rant. If that person really is a problem, talking directly to that person probably is a waste of time even though as adults, that's the best way to deal with situations.

Frankly, I've had a rather positive opinion of Glenndl up til this post - and here he comes off a little arrogant and self-righteous. I doubt he means to, but I've got to say I'm a little turned off just by the tone of the post. I haven't even bothered reading through all the detail involved as I got to the importance of the / in abdl and didn't bother going further. At least he's out after a 53 yo and not a 62 yo...although maybe I'll be next...

If I've learned anything here, there is incredible diversity among us and to try to codify our feelings, emotions, practices, likes, dislikes etc is incredibly difficult and to my mind, probably pretty much impossible. Beyond that, I for one just want to enjoy myself here and NOT have to think too much. I guess for that reason alone, it's fine that Glenndl is taking this on - it's his thing. I just hope he doesn't really feel that all the rest of us are going to fall in line behind him.

The point is to show the breadth of diversity of our community. Some get it, some don't - all have opinions. The use of an example is indeed not a slam to any one person. I am not slamming ABs here either - quite the opposite. I SLAM WITH GUSTO THOSE WITH CLOSED MINDS!

Kindly read the entire Post. This thread is addressed to and consequently for those open-minded individuals that see the big picture to share voice themselves herein. Flames cannot extinguish truth. I am heartened to see some open minded responses! This is the type of discussion I value most.

Guest Wetnmessy247

I think someone forgot to take their meds....

Oh snap!! Thanks for reminding me.

Can't forget to take my daily dose of valium, hydrocodone, lithium, xanax, lexapro, symbalta, and flintones vitamins. :P