LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Are Some People So Mean

Kari

yes, but I hope we could all recognize the difference between not caring what others think and not caring what we do to others...

Being a slave to what you think others might think about you is one thing. Avoiding that can be liberating and allow you to speak openly and candidly. Not caring about people at all can lead to arrogance, rude talk and behavior and just plain meanness for its own sake.

DirtyRocker, I'm not saying this is you, but I think the difference between the two is sometimes forgotten in some people. You say that once you stopped caring, life wasn't so much of an obstacle for you... for some, leaving the emotionally broken, bleeding bodies of others behind them isn't necessarily an obstacle to THEM, but it isn't necessarily a very decent thing to do. I think its important to see that distinction and behave accordingly.

I was referring to the negative things that people say. I didn't mean that I didn't care about people at all. I do. In fact, helping people brings me tremendous joy. Doing things for myself all the time is boring and self-indulgent.

I was referring to the negative things that people say. I didn't mean that I didn't care about people at all. I do. In fact, helping people brings me tremendous joy. Doing things for myself all the time is boring and self-indulgent.

Yes, you've said what I do believe about you. Again, my point was not so much about you but about others who might have read in your comment permission and support for them not to care about people...not that our comments would have any effect at all on such people...

Seems to me like it is being said aloud throughout this thread.

The majority say that it doesn't really bother them if it's removed and basically are okay with the ratings going bye-bye.

Unfortunately the ones that do use the system frequently are not seen for the + ratings they give.

Only the - ratings seem to really get the feelings hurting and people upset for most of the time voiceing their true opinions/discussions. These - ratings are what have this forum and alot of the members in an uproar and unfortunately I am seeing more and more of these - ratings every time I signed on.

I'm sure that alot of people, especially newer members, have joined to take part in THE only safe place where they can be themselves. The last thing that should exist for everybody to use is a grading system. No member or new member wants to receive a negative rating after nervously posting their first time WHETHER OR NOT it is a repost of something the "regulars" have seen before. An increasing positive rating only encourages egotistical competition amoung posters and is definately not necessary. We don't get a bonus check and a gold star on our personal records for being nice and not breaking the law, we get fines and penalties for breaking it. Just as it should be on here.

I think the only negative grading that should be done is from a moderator. Please take this grading ability away from us and leave it to the DD staff. Long winded a bit, but I hope the point is made.