LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Floor Diaper?

Today's definition of "stupid" should have my picture next to it :o I could have really used a floor diaper tonight :huh: I was filling the kitchen sink and forgot about it and headed to bed :o Yep, you guessed it- a flooded floor :crybaby: My ancient shop vac managed to get 35 gallons before it's motor burned up :( and the next ten I had to mop up. The remainder seems to have run out under the walls now.

Were it not for a thunderstorm waking me up I would have really needed a floor diaper since this house is on a slab and the water had just reached the carpeted living room. I heard water dripping and only remembered my mistake when I turned on the kitchen light :whistling: Damn, what a way to wake up. Will someone please kick me? Sighing....

Bettypooh

If your feet were in any of the water when you flipped on the light, you were lucky NOT to get a 'kick'!! I'm happy you didn't. Sounds like you're kicking yourself hard enough as it is.

I hope the damage isn't too, too serious.

Don't we all do stupid stuff like that once in a while. It's only luck that keeps things from being even worse.

oooh, sorry to hear that. a couple of months ago my washing machine leaked big style. it turned out the waste outlet was blocked and loads of water ran onto the kitchen floor and then into the cellar. big mop up operation.

I remember something like that from when I was a kid, we had a big flood in the area and it tore up the waterlines and we were without water for days, the only water we had was for drinking purposes and nothing was wasted washing dishes and such.

we went to get more water at a natural spring until the water service resumed and when we got back the water was back on, but someone had opened the taps and left them open, our kitchen had a good 6 inches of water in it after the sink overflowed.

I was still in diapers at that time for the first time, so the no bathroom problem didn't effect me at all....

When I was about 12, our house was heated by an oil stove. My job was to fill the oil tank on the stove from a spigot run through the wall connected to a large tank behind our house. It usually took several minutes to fill the stove tank and sometimes I would get sidetracked and forget it was running. One time I really forgot and the oil soaked our rug and covered half of the living room floor. It also stunk up the house for days. Needless to say, my parents were less than happy with me for quite a while.

In the dry winter season, I'll heat up water on the stove. I leave the light on as a reminder that it's turned on. I remember to check the level and keep filling the pot with water every so often. Usually. Learned the hard way that burning pots make a different noise than one with water. Of course, enamel coated ones can also stick to the heating coil.

Thank you, Betty Pooh, for putting up this thread today. As a result of having read it earlier, I didn't quite feel like such a total dumbass when I walked into a store, did a quick bit of shopping, and came out to discover I left the damn car door open. Fortunately, nothing was stolen, so the only damage done was to my ego. (DOH!)

stinky was that total brainfart...

....I hope the damage isn't too, too serious....

Luckily the damage was only one dead shop-vac, lost sleep, and much frustration :whistling: I can't afford another shop-vac, so it had better not happen again :(

Kick_emoticon.gif

Thank you- I darn well needed that :blush:

Thank you, Betty Pooh, for putting up this thread today. As a result of having read it earlier, I didn't quite feel like such a total dumbass when I walked into a store, did a quick bit of shopping, and came out to discover I left the damn car door open. Fortunately, nothing was stolen, so the only damage done was to my ego. (DOH!)

stinky was that total brainfart...

We all do stupid things at times :huh: I'm getting worried though, because in the past year or so I've become a lot more forgetful and I don't know why- yesterday I did it again by leaving the box which contains the two bagged wet diapers I changed at work behind :o Guess who will be the first one to work today? :rolleyes:

I really wouldn't be surprised to find myself outside in a diaper, having forgotten my pants :excl: With my usual luck I will have remembered to lock the door, with the key in my pants pocket right where it should be....

Bettypooh