LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stuffers

finally got some baby diapers to try this. pampers size 6, nobody had the size 7s.

i figured i'd try this with a depends first, since they can use a little more help than the bambinos i have. i tried tearing open the back of the diaper like in the video, but that didn't work. if you look at the inside of a depend, on the back where the padding is, you can see right where it ends. i took my pocket knife and made a small slit on the inside layer (the layer thats up against your butt) and opened it up, and i was able to get my hand in there and move the padding away from the plastic. insert a striped down baby diaper and voila!

haven't wet it yet, but its much thicker and fluffier. and i can see elmo through the plastic! grover was printed on the cloth part, he got ripped off.

wanted to add my thoughts on stuffing a diaper with a baby diaper. i wore my modified depend yesterday for several hours, it was great! much more absorbent and thicker than a depends by itself. im anxious to try this with a bambino now.

i tried to open up one of the depends pullups, but i had no luck. i managed to cut open the back, but the way the packing is made it doesn't come away from the cloth backing very easily. im sure it could be made to work, but it was not nearly as easy as the tape on diaper.

Just a thought on Pampers. We've only found size 7 at Babys 'R Us. The new "Baby Dry" replacement for SAP is only available in size 6 Crusiers and smaller. For these stuffing experiments, I'd recommend the size 6 Baby Dry Cruisier.

Regards,

Honu

These are my favorite way to stuff. More expensive than baby diapers, cheaper than putting two premium diapers together.

wwep9x.jpg

2dviixw.jpg

f9norb.jpg

Sorry for the cameraphone quality, and I swear I took more of how big these are... can't seem to find them now.

Package of 40 for about 20 bucks, so they aren't cheap at all.. but it's basically another diaper. I only use them when I know I'm staying indoors, because it's such excessive bulk- so they don't get used too too quick. You can also pile on 2 or 3 and tape the diaper tight without leaking.

There's no plastic on either side of the booster, so they leak right through into the diaper while absorbing. If waddling is your thing, these are worth a try if you have extra money. After buying for almost a year on XP, I've only splurged for the boosters one or two times...

But they're always fun, and leaps and bounds above the Bambino ones (except bambino has that neat smell, gotta admit I like it).

More info here:

http://xpmedical.com/abrilet.html

If anyone wants I can take before/after pics of me in an abena with and without one or two of these stuffers. It's a day and night difference!

Ya, you will be amazed at how big those are if you buy them. The package isn't really compressed as much as the diapers themselves and if I remember are not folded in the package, so the package is longer and higher then molicare or abriform diaper packages, but isn't as wide as a diaper bag.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i watched the video that was linked in the post. Tried to do it to my tena slip maxi, i.e making a hole in the back and inserting the baby nappys as stuffers. IT worked ok although I managed to rip straight through the back of the nappy so I had to tape over the rip but apart from that its brilliant. Stuffed 2 huggies in there and they add a decent bulk plus you can see the cute pictures. I imagine after a good wetting or 2 it will be very bulky!!

Personally I have never needed to use a disposable stuffer with a disposable diaper. I just change the disposable diaper when needed.

Long ago I did buy Paragon disposable diaper "doublers" which I tried with 1991 era gauze diapers. The Paragon Doublers did not contain SAP, which was not then used in diapers. Back then I felt since I was going to wash the gauze diapers anyway, it made better sense to continue using baby-size Birdseye prefolds as soaker.

Normally I do use Gerber baby Birdseye prefolds as part of my gauze diaper sets. Recently I have also used one of my modified Pampers Cruisers as the soaker next to my skin in my bedtime gauze diaper. I find this helps put me to sleep easier, maybe because I am so used to feeling a Cruiser swell when I wet them during the day. I must say a Size 4 Cruiser does absorb far more than a larger baby prefold. Since sometimes when I get out of bed there is still a wet Cruiser in my diaper, when Don checked at midnight he did not need to re-diaper me for the rest of the night.

Since reading about the new Max Dry Cruisers, I have asked my favorite supermarket manager to hold for me a case of those in Size 4. So far those have not arrived. It could be Pampers began distributing the larger sizes (5 and 6) of these newer versions first. Maybe other stores have received the new Cruisers. I have not seen any, but I also have not been to a Target, Toys-R-Us or Babies-R-Us recently. I also have only shopped at my favorite Ralph's supermarket.

Edit Up-Date:

Shortly after writing the above I got a phone call at my office from the supermarket manager. His shipment today included the new style Pampers Max Dry Cruisers in Sizes 3, 4, 5 and 6. The Size 4 in a carton of 2 bags of 32 is USA$19.50 for the next few days. Bags of 16 Size 4 are USA$10.00 He did get enough of the 2x32 cartons he is saving one for me. When he re-orders he will get me 4 more of the 2x32 cartons. His order form does not show retail cartons of more than 64. The price is fair. On the Pampers own website, most of the reviews are very negative about this change to Cruisers. At least P&G is willing to show negative comments. KCC was never so candid on the GoodNites sites about leaking complaints.

I use Abena X-plus and often find that I'm slighly wet before going to bed/sleep, This can end up as a leaky nappy as I wet heavily while asleep.

What I done was to buy three large micro fiber bath towels on e-bay and I cut them in half, I then fold them into a narrow strip and place them lengh way in the X-plus, I use a bit of powder on the incert next to my skin the tape it on as normal, I wear a good fitting pair of plastic pants over this and have never managed to completely soak through it at night.

The micro fider towels are nice and soft and they wick well spreading the urine through the Abena as you wet, seem to be far better at handling those full bladder floods that often cause leakes.

I often carry on wearing this for on hour or so after I get up, usually adding to the wetness, before going in the shower.

I ofte wash the soaker out in the sink in the bathroom before dumping it in the wash with the towels, sometime I just dump it in as it is. Definatly adds to the security of my nightime diaper.

I have used Pampers and such as stuffers, but now I prefer to use cloth diapers as stuffers. I usually use Gerber flat prefolds. I put two or three of them in what ever diaper I am going to wear. What I like about them is that they absorb fast, and when I change I just rinse them out and wash them. I can use them over and over again and once you make the inital purchase they last for quite a while. I have some that I have had for 4 or 5 years that keep right on going. Plus you can add quite a few and create a very thick diaper.

So I tried out the nappy I had stuffed using the method in the video linked posted earlier in the thread and I must say it was bulky and held a huge amount of wetting. Usually Tena Slip maxis hold a good wetting but with 2 huggies nappies stuffed inside it took at least 3 wettings before the outer layer of the tena became visibly wet. Will definitly be doing it again but will probably use the biggest sized, cheapest nappys at tesco/asda.

• 3 weeks later...

I sometimes use Pampers as a stuffer. It's a trick posted on some incon boards to get more out of your diaper. The theory is that you can pull out the wet stuffer, and still have plenty of diaper left over. Sometimes it works better than others, usually I find it would be better to just have a change.

Using the Pampers is really just a way to feed the AB part of me.