LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diapers

Been looking at possibly trying out some reusable cloth diapers and was wondering if there were any preferred picks out there that could be recommended. If you have a link to their website or to a site that sells them would greatly help as well.

Been looking at possibly trying out some reusable cloth diapers and was wondering if there were any preferred picks out there that could be recommended. If you have a link to their website or to a site that sells them would greatly help as well.

I like ACD diaper

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on cloth diapers, you could buy some flour sack cloth towels. They go for about 2.00 each on the internet but may be available at craft stores. They also sell them at Sam's clubs. They are also called bar towels and are used for general cleaning around the house. I found them to be the closest to a baby diaper and will hold a considerable amount of liquid. If you don't like them at least you haven't spent a lot of money and you can use them to clean your car.

Guest YkDave

babykins.com

I have a few different styles from them and love them! (though i am more of a disposable's person)

They are also the makers of the DPF cloth diaper!

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on cloth diapers, you could buy some flour sack cloth towels. They go for about 2.00 each on the internet but may be available at craft stores. They also sell them at Sam's clubs. They are also called bar towels and are used for general cleaning around the house. I found them to be the closest to a baby diaper and will hold a considerable amount of liquid. If you don't like them at least you haven't spent a lot of money and you can use them to clean your car.

I wholeheartedly agree with Sparente! In the MidWest we have "rural King" stores that sell flour sack towels in two sizes. I use the 32x38 in my kitchen all the time. Just get a yd square of some super sof fleece at Wally-world to use as a liner and pin them on. Simple and inexpensive and easily overlooked in plain sight. If you have never done cloth diapers, it takes some practic, trial and error. But do use plastic pants!

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

Cloth diapers, like disposables, is rather subjective to ones personal preference, it depends on what you want and like. Cloth comes in a couple of different forms or styles and several different fabrics or materials. You have flat, and prefolds, and also pull ons (kind of like trainers) and also pocket diapers, velcro, shaped or contour fit and possibly a few other styles.

Then the Fabrics are ( cotton) Flannel, birdseye, gauze, and outside of that, more modern or exotic fabrics / materials are micro fleece and micro suede etc.

So you really have to shop around, but it isn't cheap, unfortunately. You could also try ebay, and buy 1 or 2 here and there to see what you like...

Personally, I got tired of folding (flat) diapers, and I always wanted prefold ones, so I have been buying gauze or birdseye prefolds around different places. I got some good deals off Ebay, and bought some form ADC as well.

babykins might be nice for some, but they use flannel, which I don't like, so the only thing I'd buy there would be the plastic pants or maybe a onsie, if and when I get around to ordering one :blush: but thats just me.

Anyways, hope this helps. As you can see there are a myriad of choices and combinations, and it's not just 1 thing. Cloth is wonderful, I adore mine :wub:, I just wish I could find a good cloth day diaper that wasn't too bulky.....meh.

I guess thats what disposables are for :P

qwack

That is good advice from SD... I would buy just enough to try them out and if I liked them would buy more. I too have found I prefer the gauze diapers to flannel.

I for one like folding diapers, so I wear the 4-ply flat fold gauze from ACD. Adding layers makes a very thick and absorbent diaper. I've never had a leak and issues with "flooding" and which way things are pointing are non-factors. I have tried diapers from Babykins, Adultclothdiaper.com and other places...

Good luck and keep us posted.

CDL

Cloth diapers, like disposables, is rather subjective to ones personal preference, it depends on what you want and like. Cloth comes in a couple of different forms or styles and several different fabrics or materials. You have flat, and prefolds, and also pull ons (kind of like trainers) and also pocket diapers, velcro, shaped or contour fit and possibly a few other styles.

Then the Fabrics are ( cotton) Flannel, birdseye, gauze, and outside of that, more modern or exotic fabrics / materials are micro fleece and micro suede etc.

So you really have to shop around, but it isn't cheap, unfortunately. You could also try ebay, and buy 1 or 2 here and there to see what you like...

Personally, I got tired of folding (flat) diapers, and I always wanted prefold ones, so I have been buying gauze or birdseye prefolds around different places. I got some good deals off Ebay, and bought some form ADC as well.

babykins might be nice for some, but they use flannel, which I don't like, so the only thing I'd buy there would be the plastic pants or maybe a onsie, if and when I get around to ordering one :blush: but thats just me.

Anyways, hope this helps. As you can see there are a myriad of choices and combinations, and it's not just 1 thing. Cloth is wonderful, I adore mine :wub:, I just wish I could find a good cloth day diaper that wasn't too bulky.....meh.

I guess thats what disposables are for :P

qwack

I use flour sacks as liners in a diaper cover, which is the very modern way of cloth diapering (no pins). Just get a velcro diaper cover and fold the flour sacks to fit inside, down the middle and front to back. Some advantages are: you can make them as thick as needed, the bulk can stay in the middle so the sides are thinner which helps with concealing them under clothing. These are now becoming my "goto" choice for being diapered outside the house instead of using expensive disposables.

Not to say I don't enjoy pinning on a regular diaper, like my nighttime ones :)