LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Odd Thought At Work

Hey there all, I heard the oddest thing at work today; at least, it was odd to me anyway. I work at a pool by where I live and today I was helping a lady register her 15 month old baby for swimming classes. I told her all the info that she needed to know andshe asked me,"Is there anything of importance that I have to bring for the class?" Naturally, I responded "Well since the child is under three years old, we have to ask you that she wears swim diapers while in the pool". Then the lady responds "Does she have to? Shes already potty trained." Now let me stop there. Is it just me or does anyone find it odd that a 15 month old is already potty trained? Is that normal? I mean, I dont remember being potty trained until I was at least two and a half. Is it really normal to potty train kids at this age nowadays or is my AB side really just clouding my thinking?

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

Well I know that I was potty trained at 18 months so maybe not so odd. Some kids take really well to the whole potty-training concept.. even if they don't realize what giving up diapers means. :P

it could be that the woman implemented the method where upon the child's BODY is trained to go to the bathroom at certain times. This is done in many cultures, and while i do not know the exact method in which the training is done, it IS possible to train a body to go to the restroom at certain times... much like as adults we void our bowels at the same time each day etc....

It's entirely possible to raise a child w/o using diapers at all. If I personally were ever in a position to raise a child, that's certainly what I would do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elimination_communication

Potty training is entirely unnecessary under natural circumstances. We live on the ground and as such have evolved to withhold our own waste until we are in a good position to do so. The reason that so many kids are hard to teach is on account of the fact that they've been conditioned to using diapers, and diapers are pretty much universally agreed upon as more convenient for the parent than the child.

I think it is all up to individual Families. I think some Parents Potty train their kids at a very young age, therefore to avoid the expense of Diapers & to make their kids want to be "Big Kids" Sooner, & other Parents wait till a little later in order to not push their kids. Personally If I ever got Married & had kids, I would not want to push them into Potty Training Thus Forcing them to become more mature before they are ready, but thats just Me.

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2010!biggrin.gif