LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Traquility Discreet

This is kind of changing the topic here but anyways...Have they changed the tapes on them at all? I had some about 4 or 5 years ago and the tapes didn't like sticking. I'm willing to give them a shot again if I know the tapes won't be a problem.

This is kind of changing the topic here but anyways...Have they changed the tapes on them at all? I had some about 4 or 5 years ago and the tapes didn't like sticking. I'm willing to give them a shot again if I know the tapes won't be a problem.

Darboy, when you had the problem with Tranquility products what steps did you take to resolve the issue directly with them, or through your supplier?

Please understand a major reason manufacturers are switching to cloth-like outer cover and hook & loop fastening is because of the major short shelf-life problems with classic disposable design. All it takes is brief storage at elevated or cold temperature to kill the "grab" of adhesives. Diaper adhesive is very complicated because of the customer desire for repositioning. Also, the quality control team has no way of being sure the end user of the diaper has not allowed some lotion or powder to contaminate the sticky tapes or landing target area. The consequence with hook & loop (generic term for Velcro) is less dire. Ideally lotion, oil and powder never come near a diaper until it is fastened securely.

Darboy, is it possible the Tranquility products were beyond their sell-by date?

The original designers of Tranquility have outstanding reputations. Same goes for the current Tranquility manufacturing team.

Success changing all disposable diapers is as much a function of our experience and practice as it is the excellence of design and quality control.

Thank you Angela for responding to my question. I started wearing adult diapers almost 7 years now. I had no idea about what an adult diaper is and how to wear one properly. I had to also start wearing for medical reasons and it took me well into 3 years before I finally started know how to put one on properly, using stuffers, powders, rash cream and all that good stuff. That being said, I purchase the tranquility ATN's when they first came out. I had no lotions, no powder, just diapers only. I also live in Seattle where we hardly get over 70. I tried several of the diapers and had the same problems. If people haven't had that problem then I will go ahead and give then another shot...I'm looking for a discreet day time diaper.

Thank you Angela for responding to my question. I started wearing adult diapers almost 7 years now. I had no idea about what an adult diaper is and how to wear one properly. I had to also start wearing for medical reasons and it took me well into 3 years before I finally started know how to put one on properly, using stuffers, powders, rash cream and all that good stuff. That being said, I purchase the tranquility ATN's when they first came out. I had no lotions, no powder, just diapers only. I also live in Seattle where we hardly get over 70. I tried several of the diapers and had the same problems. If people haven't had that problem then I will go ahead and give then another shot...I'm looking for a discreet day time diaper.

Darboy, you are correct, the weather in Seattle usually is good for storing classic sticky-tape diapers. In your region moisture would be a bigger problem than heat. However, you do not know where the defective Tranquility ATN were stored between them and you. The inside of a truck can become hot enough to harm adhesives on cool days. This is a leading reason why diaper manufacturers prefer hook & loop fastening systems. H&L only is practical on cloth-like diaper shells.

Read the posts here and you will find complaints about every brand of disposable, many for tapes not sticking.

Bummer that it is not practical to attend an "Introduction to the Disposable Diaper 101" at convenient schools. Perhaps the PT with urology offices could be trained how to coach incontinent patients to get the most out of the fasteners on their adult diapers. Maybe pediatricians could do the same with new parents?

I love arguing with an attorney, AngelaI wish you could represent my business, I could never do anything wrong.

That's very true that Tranquility could have been storing them in a non-temprature controlled enviroment. Its also true that UPS could have been transfering them in a hot truck. Being a restaurant owner it would be hard for me to blame a customer for getting food that is too cold or doesn't taste as good as it did the last time they came in. That being said, it is my responseability to contact them with any questions or concerns, which I did not. I figured since I only paid about $50 for them no big deal I'll just use them for stuffers. What happenes from the diaper being produced to UPS dropping them off at my door step deffenantly is in the responsibility of the business not the customer, maybe not in a legal way but in a moral, quality, customer service,"I want return business way".

I don't understand why they can't make a hook and loop diaper with the plastic shell. Just have the landing zone be velcro and the tapes, the rest can be plastic. I will do this with baby diaper tape system if I have a diaper with defective tapes.

I love arguing with an attorney, Angela I wish you could represent my business, I could never do anything wrong.

That's very true that Tranquility could have been storing them in a non-temprature controlled environment. Its also true that UPS could have been transferring them in a hot truck. Being a restaurant owner it would be hard for me to blame a customer for getting food that is too cold or doesn't taste as good as it did the last time they came in. That being said, it is my responseability to contact them with any questions or concerns, which I did not. I figured since I only paid about $50 for them no big deal I'll just use them for stuffers. What happens from the diaper being produced to UPS dropping them off at my door step definitely is in the responsibility of the business not the customer, maybe not in a legal way but in a moral, quality, customer service,"I want return business way".

I don't understand why they can't make a hook and loop diaper with the plastic shell. Just have the landing zone be velcro and the tapes, the rest can be plastic. I will do this with baby diaper tape system if I have a diaper with defective tapes.

I buy my Tranquilty's through HDIS and they ship there stuff in plain boxes.

Warning! HDIS are NOT a discrete supplier! They may ship in unmarked boxes but they will spam you to death with diaper-related stuff by postal mail and email. They also sell your contact details to 'old-age focused' companies.

I got a sample box from them once with my middle initial changed to something else (that old trick for spotting who is selling your details) and now mail comes for Medicare enrollment, guaranteed acceptance life insurance and all that good stuff, all with the 'wrong' middle initial. I wrote to them soon after ordering to get the direct mail stopped but the crap from the companies they sell their mailing list to still turns up every once in a while.

Warning! HDIS are NOT a discrete supplier! They may ship in unmarked boxes but they will spam you to death with diaper-related stuff by postal mail and email. They also sell your contact details to 'old-age focused' companies.

I got a sample box from them once with my middle initial changed to something else (that old trick for spotting who is selling your details) and now mail comes for Medicare enrollment, guaranteed acceptance life insurance and all that good stuff, all with the 'wrong' middle initial. I wrote to them soon after ordering to get the direct mail stopped but the crap from the companies they sell their mailing list to still turns up every once in a while.

Yeah, you can't un-sell an email address. If it's true that HDIS is selling information--and it seems that they are--they should be boycotted. Seriously. Can you imagine a greater betrayal of trust for a retailer of such, ahem, personal items?

-RMS

• 2 months later...

Gotta dredge up this old thread to ask a couple questions that are relevant to this one.

I am curious about getting the ATN's - and am wondering about a few things:

The Northshore Care Supply store list the case count for Medium Tranquility ATN at 84/case for 79.95, with 10.95 shipping to my location. Is the count accurate? I know it means 7 bags of 12 diapers in this count. It seems odd to be removing one bag out of the equation when Tranquility's website shows 96 counts as being the norm for a case.

The Magic Medical website shows that it is $84 (shipping included) for a case of 96 diapers. Now, with that being said, it does mention that it is not going to be packaged in plain brown box. How bad does the box for the Tranquility case look?

Some online diaper suppliers have a nasty habit of selling reduced-size 'cases' to lower the headline price. Be sure you work out exactly what you're getting before you place an order:

(case cost + shipping cost) / diaper count = cost per diaper

Sometimes reduced cases might actually be a better deal but you have to get the calculator out to be sure :)

That's what I thought regarding reducing the case size. Pretty lame of them to do that, I guess - but they are out there to make money anyway.

Am awaiting for the answer regarding the case packaging.

off topic, AutieAB - do you ever visit WP? (I'm Aspie, even though I didn't mention anything about it on my profile here)

/more off topic

I know where you mean but no, can't say I do. I used to be active on a particular autism list that's pretty much gone to pot these days (think Usenet) and it did me a whole lot of good - I perseverated heavily on all things autism for several years and learned a hell of a lot about myself. I picked my username here during that time :P but to be honest, I drifted away once I met my wife...

Anyway, from Magic Medical's website:

All items are shipped in the manufacturer's box which may be printed with the product and/or manufacturer's name. The manufacturers boxes for Attends, Tena, and Tranquillity products are now plain boxes.

So the boxes from them should be discreet...

I'm sure that sellers these days are probably pushing the manufacturers to ships products in minimally marked cases to cut out a cost for them since so many people expect plain packaging these days...