LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Help Puter Dead

Find a local computer repair shop that has hard-drive data restoration, preferably NOT a chain like GeekSquad. Usually a flat rate, and most, if not all, have a privacy guarantee.

If thats no good and you are halfway comfortably voiding warrenties, pull the harddrive out of the Laptop and hook it up to a desktop.. It should have either a Sata or .. whatever the wide flat gray cable is.. connection.

Another option is pulling the harddrive out and putting it in a USB Harddrive enclosure. These run around $20 (don't pay more) and then you will be able to USB it to a laptop or desktop.

It really depends on how damaged it is.. If the drive is physically damaged itself a computer repair shop can often retrieve more data then you might think.

Also... LOL PWNED!!!11

hi guys i was wondering if any1 can help,a drunken party and my laptop was used as a frisby and it had 2 gigs of videos on it can it be got,if any one can help if appreciate it.....

If you have access to a similar unit, swap the hard drives and see what happens. Don't be scared to open a computer up ;) Just remove the battery, don't force anything together or apart, and be sure things are aligned properly when reassembling. Some parts may kind of rotate into place so try different ways of applying pressure if something doesn't want to move B) Take pics and/or draw diagrams if you need to- it better to have TMI than to guess wrong! Give yourself plenty of time and space to do this. Unless the hard drive got physically damaged you can get your stuff back. If it got hurt but the internal disk is OK a decent shop can get your stuff back. Please drink responsibly or not at all :beer:Also, please remember- Laptops make a rotten Frisbee- use the real thing next time-it's a lot more fun :lol:

Bettypooh

Find a local computer repair shop that has hard-drive data restoration, preferably NOT a chain like GeekSquad. Usually a flat rate, and most, if not all, have a privacy guarantee.

If thats no good and you are halfway comfortably voiding warrenties, pull the harddrive out of the Laptop and hook it up to a desktop.. It should have either a Sata or .. whatever the wide flat gray cable is.. connection.

Another option is pulling the harddrive out and putting it in a USB Harddrive enclosure. These run around $20 (don't pay more) and then you will be able to USB it to a laptop or desktop.

It really depends on how damaged it is.. If the drive is physically damaged itself a computer repair shop can often retrieve more data then you might think.

Also... LOL PWNED!!!11

wow thanks ppl,your very helpful,just the screen is in shite....the privacy gurantee,does that work,dont want,some nerd thinking im a weirdo...

I agree with what Skitty said, you'd be surprised the beating a hard drive can take. If you're concerned about content being read by a tech, I'm sure they will. Your best bet is to get an external hd chassis. Take your Hard drive out first though so you can see if it is a SATA HD (thin blade like connection) or IDE (lots of pins on one end of the HD)so you can get the right enclosure. The big computer stores will change you an arm and a leg for an enclsure. If you shop around you should be able to find one for under $20.

Good luck and if you get the data off that HD after you buy a new lap top you now got a spare media drive. Also if it all works out....you are to repeat to your self...."My lap top is not an etch-a-sketch.....My lap top is not an etch-a-sketch..."

Giggles

LitlAndy

wow thanks ppl,your very helpful,just the screen is in shite....the privacy gurantee,does that work,dont want,some nerd thinking im a weirdo...

Go onto ebay and see if you can find a replacement screen. The cost should be worth it, one for mine runs about $80 and if you have a little skill you should be able to install it yourself.

My laptop has taken a 4 foot fall onto a brick floor and survived (Thank you God). Best of luck!

....My laptop has taken a 4 foot fall onto a brick floor and survived (Thank you God)....

So NOW I know where that scream I heard came from :P Yeah, these things can be tough but a smaller jolt in the wrong direction will do untold damage :(If it's electronic treat it like a rare Lalique vase and you'll be OK B)

To the OP: I'd first see if the HD works before chucking money into other repairs which might leave you with a still-dead laptop ;) The HD, display, and a couple boards may cost as much as a working used replacement :o

Bettypooh

If it's just the screen, you can always plug in an external monitor into the VGA, DVI or HDMI port on your laptop. Sometimes the laptop won't recognize it as the primary screen on boot-up, but you can usually toggle which screen you want as the primary one by a series of keystrokes on the keyboard. On my laptop, for instance, I hit the function key (FN) and F4, and that toggles the monitors. If you look at the F keys (F4, F5, etc.) each one should have an image in addition to the "F" label. F4 on mine has a rectangle that resembles a monitor. If yours isn't F4, one of the other buttons should do it.

I've inherited many laptops from the IT guy at my work simply because the screen didn't work. If you can tolerate using an external display, there is usually nothing wrong with the machine.

Good luck!

*edit*: If you don't have an external monitor (or HDTV - most of them have VGA inputs), I would 'liberate' a monitor from one of the ass clowns that used your laptop as a frisbee.

What brand laptop and we talking about. I have some being scraped for parts and would be willing to provide a screen for the cost of shiping.

Also on most laptops that I have worked on the HD is removeable from an exteranl door or access panel. Normally one or two screws to open the door and HD will pull out. No need to disassemble or split the halfs. If it is only a damaged screen then the external monitor ideal presented above will work. At least enough to remove the questionable materials. I would not spend a lot on repair unless this was some super computer. Between the sales and a ton refirbished machines on the market I would replace it.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys i was wondering if any1 can help,a drunken party and my laptop was used as a frisby and it had 2 gigs of videos on it can it be got,if any one can help if appreciate it.....

wow thanks everyone,best thing that could ave happened,living with 3 friends and always scared theyll discover my vids,we all used use but they used it for poker mainly,thanks to you guys i bought a hard drive reader for 30 euros,undid 2 screws plugged it in to my new laptop anf woooof away it went,still have all my stuff and complete privacy,and i was just goone throw it away,so thanks ppl :rolleyes::thumbsup: abdls rock......