LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Everything A Brand New Adult Baby Needs

As some of you may already know, I am very knew to the world of AB/DL, and therefore I have some questions that come out of ignorance. I appreciate all of you putting up with my stupidity, and answering my questions. I want to get the full Adult Baby experience, but I'm not sure what I should get( and where I should get it from), to get this experience. I already have disposable diapers, a pacifier, baby wipes and baby powder, but that's about it. What else should an aspiring Adult Baby buy to get the full experience? In your opinion, where are the best places to buy the forementioned items? All responses and suggestions are appreciated! :)

Necessities:

1.) Good disposables or cloth backed if you so choose. See my blog for an idea of what disposable to try

2.) Baby powder-trust me it feels and smells great

3.) Butt wipes- for obvious reasons

4.) Nuk 5 or equivalent- adult sized pacifier

5.) Baby bottle(s)- any type will do

Opttional

1.) Romper or onsie- adds to the effect. http://www.fetware.com

2.) Footie pajamas- http://www.jumpinjammerz.com

33.) Crib- over priced in my opinion. Have to look online.

Also, your biggest need is going to be a mommy or daddy

This should get you going.

Please forgive curi, he's an AB-in-training still....

*cracks knuckles and takes a drink out of baba*

He forgot about a plushie, blankie, and rash cream as neccessities

hey i never knew about the changing times....then again i don't wear that often anyway.

Welcome to the site by the way. Sorry to hijack your thread

Curi, your blog was rather helpful, but I thought you should know that you mixed up bianco and classico. You state that the bianco have the designs and the classico are all white, while Bambino Diapers states that the bianco are all white and the classico have the designs. I hope you're not offended by thsi comment, as I am just trying to be helpful. :)

Guest Baby-Toa

he should be fine but from what i read you're doing just great.

As for a daddy you just gotta look but wiff out looking like you absolutely need one as that drives a lot of them off. and as for finding one that will go wiff men even hard. >.> I was a lucky one and my Master *caretaker who is male btw* found me.

Baby powder, Baby oil, butt paste, or A&D and desitan can enhance things especially if the odor brings up any memories to you.

I actually find A&D/Desitan to be a bit annoying, but Dr. Boudreaux's Butt Paste is a nice thing for extended diapering.

Of course, you can't be a proper baby without a BEAR!

I've got more bears than just about anything else. Diapers get used up (even the cloth ones wear out),

but bears are forever!

Personally, I think YOU should get what feels right for YOU.

I'll explain and give you a list:

1. Diapers - I agree, these are a must have. HOWEVER, depending on your "lil age" and take on them, diapers may not be appropriate...Maybe you'd want trainers/pull-ups (perish the thought) instead, in which case you'll have to decide on either cloth trainers (and if you want colors or not) or disposable pull-ups. Or if you know you want diapers, you should figure out what KIND of diapers are for you. Disposable or cloth? Once you have that down, find your size. This will be a bit more difficult, as different diapers are different cuts/sizes. ALWAYS check the sizes (this goes for trainers, too). Secondly, you have to decide on thickness. Do you want thinner or thicker diapers? What are you going to throw at them? Do you want them to look babyish? Are you going to be running around a lot in them, or staying mostly still?

2. Binky/Pacifier - For me and a lot of other lil ones, a binky is a must have. However, is it for you? (To answer your question, a NUK 5 "adult pacifier" IS a bit bigger than chronological baby/toddler pacifiers, yes.) To answer this question, I suggest self analysis...Are you constantly sucking/chewing/biting on things? Do you LIKE the idea of a pacifier? How about colors? And - this is important - are you allergic to latex? I think if you're interested in a binky, you should go to the store and try out the toddler binkies (look for the 12-24 months ones) first. That way, if you don't like it, you'll of only wasted $2-5 instead of $15-35. Also, I am sorry to say that if you're allergic to latex, NUK 5's are NOT available in silicone, unfortunately.

3. Plushies - Plushies (stuffed animals, lovies, cuddlies, soft plush, whatever you like to call them)...Are you interested in the idea of a plushie? If so, this is my advice...Figure out how much you want to spend on a plushie maximum, go to the store, and browse. If it's meant to be, you'll find that special plushie (or two, or ten) that's just right for YOU. He/she will just SCREAM out to you.

4. Wipes - Here is a lot easier. There are many wipes to choose from, but not as many questions. Scent is a big one, and so is thickness. I'd say if you don't have a particular brand in mind, try a bunch out to see which you like.

and the list goes on. Choose whatever feels right to YOU, because you are YOU, no one else is you. Others can give advice and say what they think is best, but you need to find what works for you, and only you.

~ moogle

Curi, your blog was rather helpful, but I thought you should know that you mixed up bianco and classico. You state that the bianco have the designs and the classico are all white, while Bambino Diapers states that the bianco are all white and the classico have the designs. I hope you're not offended by thsi comment, as I am just trying to be helpful. :)

No offense taken, just a simple typo.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm saddened to see that one of my own personal favorites of being an AB has not been mentioned. As an AB, it is quite nice to have bedtime story books. The Beatrix Potter and Winnie the Pooh collections are a really good place to start since they have many stories in one, but the classic Where's Waldo and I Spy books do the inner child good too! If you enjoy being read to, you can buy bedtime story albums online where they recite classic and new-age bedtime stories ranging in length.

Another thing is a CD of lullabies is a nice thing to have as well. Disney puts out an awesome collection of lullabies on CD. It's a lot of Disney songs in lullabye form.

But those are just two things that I really enjoy.. because unless you have a partner who plays along, you have to find a way to make do by yourself.