LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Cushies

my sample pack showed up today, first glance they look cool, and I like the scent better than the bambino quadro's.

It is so rare to get diapers that have that babyish smell. But when I do there is something about it the hypnotizes me. I remember I bought a rather old pack of depends from a drug store and they smelled AMAZING. For some reason I couldn't keep my hands off them for a second. I wore them constantly until I ran out. Which was unusual for me because I was 16 and had a summer job which I would almost never wear to. I think I am going to buy these now. I was very excited when I saw Riley Kilo review it on her blog. a week or two ago.

• Like 1

So here's a quickie review based on one overnight Cushie :)

Looks

We all know they look great already. I love the pattern. Got me 'the look' from my wife as I expected :lol: but I felt 'littler' than I have in a long time with my sippy cup of milk and a Cushie :D

Scent

They really do smell a lot like Pampers, which is great :) I'm not certain but I suspect the scent is added post-production somehow rather than at the factory and it didn't seem to be permeated through the diaper as much as I'd hoped and it faded quite quickly but it does make them smell really nice when you're first putting them on, which is great.

Fit

The main body of the diaper itself fits me well. Not as well as say a Tena Maxi or a Bambino but perfectly acceptable with no chaffing, stretching or tearing of the plastic. The tapes..... Well, honestly, it's a balancing act. I had to pull the wings back out into place at the front once or twice and I suspect having two tapes per side would help put a stop to that but at the same time, the single-tape design is a pretty fundamental part of the 'big baby diaper' illusion, they did hold very well and are refasten-able if needed so overall, I think I prefer them as they are. That surprises me to be honest, I expected the single-tape thing to be a problem for me. It's also important to mention that I've also had plenty of two-tape diapers bunch up in the front wings like that so maybe it's just down to my skinny body :P One other little gripe is that they could do with a front waistband to go with the single tape. It's even more important for guys to 'point down' with these diapers than others - the single tape leaves a bit of a baggy gap at the top that you will leak out from for sure if you point up.

Absorbency

Not amazing but definitely not bad either. I'd heard some bad things about the SDK absorbency (which supposedly the Cushie is derived from) but it took a fair few small wettings through the night and the morning before it reached the point where I felt it was going to leak. It gets a bit squishy towards the end. Probably about comparable to an Abri-Form Super. Addition of a stuffer would probably leave me feeling confident enough to flood freely :)

Other stuff

I've heard lots of things about poor customer service from ABU. Now I'm well aware that I'm just one customer with experience of just one order but the customer service I got was perfectly OK. Not great (didn't get a shipping notification) but by no means bad. As I mentioned in another thread, they notified me of the pre-order delay and gave me an expected ship date. In the end, they shipped 4 days before that date.

Overall

I'll say 7½ out of 10. They could do with more absorbency to compete well with Bambino (which hold more and are cheaper) but for me this diaper isn't just about absorbency - it's about the whole package and the look of the diaper, sheer cuteness factor and the state of mind that I was able to relax into make this an expensive but worthwhile occasional special treat. It'll be a while but I'll buy again :D

Actually this quick review turned out to be quite long, didn't it :P

I agree. Trying my first Cushie now, spot-on review.

Anyone else had a problem with the plastic backing leaking? All three of them that I have wet so far out of my package of 10 have pinhole leaks in the middle of the backing that drip considerably when I wet initially and then when I sit or walk. I am so glad I was wearing at home in my room. Otherwise I would have had an embarrassing wet spot to explain to people... I am thinking about sending them and email...

I just got a package the other day and am giving them a try.

First impression: Yea, its the cutest diaper I have ever worn, hands down. I was really skeptical of the single tape thing, but it seems to be working out ok so far to my surprise. Any time I am trying a new diaper out, it takes me at least 3 diapers before I get used to putting it on. So here I am on my second and I feel like I actually got the thing to fit pretty well. The diaper fits snuggly, even around my legs, which is where I would think the single tape would be most problematic. It feels pretty comfortable. I was also surprised at how thick it was. I was expecting it to be pretty thin, as all the other ABU diapers I have tried seemed that way to me. Its not really really thick, I feel Bambino's have more bulk to them, but its better than I was expecting.

It doesn't have an elastic waist band, which I normally like. It does seem to be a bit louder than what I normally wear (Bambino's) which is fine by me. Not a lot louder by any stretch, but I sometimes find that most diapers are nearly silent, and so far this one doesn't seem to be. Then again, I'm not wearing jeans over it... (PJs).

No comments on absorbency or leaks as I haven't really crossed that bridge yet. I'll update later after some more use.

• Like 1

I definitely think ABU has made a diaper that many of us can get into. I chatted with them and except for the outer design, which is adorable, it is identical to their Super-Dry Kids. Those and the Cushies fit me well and do not leak useless I go a 3rd or 4th time. I love the single tape because it holds better than two small tabs as the old Super-Dry used to have. But the print on front and back is what is so awesome and cute about these. Definitely my favorite diaper.

New-be Kenny

post-28277-12679008151859_thumb.jpg

post-28277-12679008151859_thumb.jpg

I definitely think ABU has made a diaper that many of us can get into. I chatted with them and except for the outer design, which is adorable, it is identical to their Super-Dry Kids. Those and the Cushies fit me well and do not leak useless I go a 3rd or 4th time. I love the single tape because it holds better than two small tabs as the old Super-Dry used to have. But the print on front and back is what is so awesome and cute about these. Definitely my favorite diaper.

New-be Kenny

look very nice on you. dont forget to use it ;)

so i received my cushies friday and finally gave them a chance yesterday. they are very crinkly, and are fun to get on. the aesthetics are great. the lack of elastic reminds me of diapers i wore/ encountered when i was very young. the design/ look of the colors are fantastic. overall it's a wonderful look and feel experience.

however, i'm not blown away by the amount of absorbent in the diaper. it just lacks the functionality of diapers i'm used to wearing, like the bambino and the abena x-plus. i realize that it's tough to compare to these, but they're my only frame of reference. perhaps the abena supers would be more in their league? anyway part of my problem with them is how low the absorbent material comes up the front of the diaper inside. that part is disappointing. oh well.

glad i took a chance on them, though i'm also glad i hadn't bought too many.

I finally got to use my cushies. These are going to be my new at home diapers. I will use them at home at night cause they are cute and I won't have to cover them up with baby pants.

I can't use them as going out of the house diapers because they are not highly absorbant and leak. This I found out yesterday on one of our outings.

they are not highly absorbant and leak. This I found out yesterday on one of our outings.

How are they leaking on you? Mine leak from the middle of the backing material whenever I wet or sit down. This amounts to a pretty big wet spot that is completely visible anywhere I sit or lie down.

How are they leaking on you? Mine leak from the middle of the backing material whenever I wet or sit down. This amounts to a pretty big wet spot that is completely visible anywhere I sit or lie down.

Mine pressed out of the legs if I wet while standing and then tried to sit down. I did get pretty good results out of my second one and I still have two more to try this weekend.

• Like 1

Did you look at the rest of my pictures under my profile? There are a few more pictures of the Cushies than just the thumb-nail?

Yes i haw.

I have now had a chance to try these a few more times. Some additional thoughts...

Yes, it is true that they do not have the same absorbency as Bambinos or Secure X-plus, which are the other two diapers that I normally use. So if you are really incon, or want to only wear 1 diaper all day and plan on wetting, then they are not for you. Having said that, they are more absorbent than I think some folks are giving them credit for. They certainly didn't leak on me after I flooded them. I would be worried about trying to get two floods though. But you can wear and wet these diapers without fear. You just need to change them after they are wet.

I am still surprised at how well the single tape works. I have used a few of these now and can really get a good, snug fit. And the tape holds well.

As I said before, I think these are the cutest diapers I have ever worn by far. On the flip side though, my girlfriend disagrees with me. She says they "look like pull ups" and thinks that Bambinos are better. She is far from an expert on these matters, she had never heard of ABs or DLs until we met, but its interesting to hear the opinion of an "outsider".

• Like 1

Cushies don't look like Pull Ups at all. They're much more colorful than Pull Ups and they don't have that underwear look.

/\ coming from a wearer... You'd almost have to believe a non-ab/dl's opinion over someone who wears, as I'm sure I look pretty different standing there in a soaking wet Bambino than I appear to myself when I look down. Shit, when I'm in a wet diaper, I even have a hard time seeing "myself" in a mirror! I see something totally different. LOL. ^_^

I have not tried them yet but I am kind of disappointed with some people's experiences with them. If there is one thing I hate it is a leaky diaper. The only thing worse is an expensive leaky diaper. They just look soooooo cool. The little bit of AB in me comes way out at the thought of having these.

• Like 2

I have not tried them yet but I am kind of disappointed with some people's experiences with them. If there is one thing I hate it is a leaky diaper. The only thing worse is an expensive leaky diaper. They just look soooooo cool. The little bit of AB in me comes way out at the thought of having these.

I never had a Cushies leak yet..I think they hold almost as much as bambino diapers.. I had a bambino leak on me with a third time wetting it.. so A bambino can only hold 2 good wetting. and I put 2 good wetting in the Cushies never tried to wet it a third time because I am sure it would have leaked just like the bambino did. but 2 good wetting is like 9 hours of wear time because I wet about every 4 and a half hours. so wearing a diaper for 9 hours with out leaking is good for any diaper.. everyone is deferent so one may be able to wet a diaper more times then another person would be able to but ANY diaper will leak if you go two many times in it.. I buy both brands ABU and bambino and I am happy with both I only buy both so I can get different prints on my diapers. I am going to start just buying the ABU diapers soon because they look more like a baby diaper with the one tape on each side and there print is more like what you would see on a baby diaper. on there Radio show they have on the web last Saturday they said they are going to bring the price of the Super Dry Kids Diapers down big time when they get more stock of them in soon..

• Like 1

I never had a Cushies leak yet..I think they hold almost as much as bambino diapers.. I had a bambino leak on me with a third time wetting it.. so A bambino can only hold 2 good wetting. and I put 2 good wetting in the Cushies never tried to wet it a third time because I am sure it would have leaked just like the bambino did. but 2 good wetting is like 9 hours of wear time because I wet about every 4 and a half hours. so wearing a diaper for 9 hours with out leaking is good for any diaper.. everyone is deferent so one may be able to wet a diaper more times then another person would be able to but ANY diaper will leak if you go two many times in it.. I buy both brands ABU and bambino and I am happy with both I only buy both so I can get different prints on my diapers. I am going to start just buying the ABU diapers soon because they look more like a baby diaper with the one tape on each side and there print is more like what you would see on a baby diaper. on there Radio show they have on the web last Saturday they said they are going to bring the price of the Super Dry Kids Diapers down big time when they get more stock of them in soon..

I got my hands on one of the Cushies (mind you only 1), and I can tell you that it does leak...2 wets is all it took for me. Same exact diaper as their Super Dry in my experience. Its cute but I just can't deal with the leaking. Granted, I am a girl - so it concentrates a lot of the urine in the bottom of the diaper...but, I know its only once but I had the same experience a while back with their Super Dry ones. Not worth the worry of leaking for me...esp. for the gargantuous price...I can at least say I tried them now but not at all impressed. I don't know, just my preference! I go for more performance than looks - while I know others are the opposite.

• Like 3

Ignoring I Heart Diapers Girl's hate for all things non-Bambino, the rest of these reviews are spot on.

They look and smell GREAT, when its playtime these are the best we have come across. Now if you plan to wear for extended amounts of time or head out in public I wouldn't recommend them, but we didn't buy them for that and I don't think they were made for that.

A diaper made by AB/DL's was built for playing and sex and used as such we don't have a single gripe.

Just a warning my wife is a bit hippie ( is that a word? ) as such the 1 tape doesn't work as well as a 2 tape system, but like I said these were built for FUN.

So Enjoy,

• Like 3

Ignoring I Heart Diapers Girl's hate for all things non-Bambino, the rest of these reviews are spot on.

They look and smell GREAT, when its playtime these are the best we have come across. Now if you plan to wear for extended amounts of time or head out in public I wouldn't recommend them, but we didn't buy them for that and I don't think they were made for that.

A diaper made by AB/DL's was built for playing and sex and used as such we don't have a single gripe.

Just a warning my wife is a bit hippie ( is that a word? ) as such the 1 tape doesn't work as well as a 2 tape system, but like I said these were built for FUN.

So Enjoy,

That is very mature of you :) I merely confirmed what others have said. I enjoyed the new design but I can't just "have fun" in a diaper whenever I choose to. Some of us are actually incontinent and don't have the luxury of controlling when we go through out the day - hence, we cannot risk having leaks during the day which is why I simply stated it. I think its great what ABUniverse is doing for the community - but I cannot afford to buy a diaper that does not give me the performance I need. Please, step back and realize there are people on this board that actually are incontinent and would rather an absorbent diaper over the looks. Simply stating an objective view - I did not even mention another diaper...by the way I also wear Attends, Tranquility and Secure thank you very much which can all be seen in a lot of my photos over time :rolleyes::thumbsup:

• Like 2