LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Cushies

Guest little_jonny

since they were having a 20% sale on them for this week, i ordered a 20 pack of them (minus the fresh baby scent) i can't wait to get them. i tried them once and loved them. thursday or friday better get here fast.

• Like 2

I just got my Case of Cushies in the mail to day.. The best diaper ever they even gave me coupons towards my next order there was even candy in the box how cool is that I love ABU.. and the best part the tapes stay on the cushies they don't pop off like the cheap bambino teddy diapers..

• Like 2

Again, the tape issue with the Bambino Teddies was solved MONTHS AGO. You should stop spreading lies and biased information.

LuvsGirl I was Not talking about the TeddyTapes Breaking apart. I was talking about them NOT sticking very good to the print on the diaper. Its a known Issue that has been talked about that I will give you a link to. I love the teddy Bambino print it so cute would be nicer if they filled in the white spaces between the bears with different colors or somthing but its a nice print how it is now. My only problem with the diaper is that the print is made from somthing that the tapes do NOT stick to. I am NOT sure why as the print look to made from the same material as the ABU diapers print (landing zone) is made from. I know that Bambino uses very good tapes on there diapers and so I don't know why but the ABU diapers have NO problem sticking to that kind of material ABU diapers stick like duck tape (( its VERY hard to take the tape off the diaper)) when its time for a diaper change.(Thats a good thing) maybe because its a wider tape so it sticks better?? some people like Bambino better then ABU.. Some like ABU better then Bambino.I like the one tape on the ABU diapers it makes it look more like a baby diaper and I will stay with ABU till Bambino fixes the print/tapes on there teddy diapers. If they ever do fix the tapeing issue then I will start to buy Both brand again.. http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=25322

• Like 1

Order Summary

1 ABU Ultra Sample Pack Medium

1 ABU Cushies Diapers M (80 case)

1 Assure Ultra Booster Pads (30 pack)

Sub Total $144.95 

Sales Tax $0.00 

Fed/Ex Int'l Shipping to GB $187.07 

Grand Total $332.02 

Wow, that's blown that plan out of the water

Has anyone else tried the Members Only coupon code that ABU has sent out just recently? I'm not a member but my friend is and gave me the code of CUSHIESBOGO

Thought that I would pass it along as well...I've only ordered a sample pack of them and LOVED LOVED LOVED them. Missed the last BOGO they had cause it ended too damn early and wish that I would have joined to be a member. I'm glad that I'm cheating and got the coupon code because now I have a crap (yes pun intended) load of the most awesome diapers! :smiley-baby-boy:

Well, here's my evaluation of the ABU Cushies diaper:

Overall, the ABU Cushies diaper is a winner. Please note that all tests and evaluations of the ABU Cushies diapers I performed were done with a single ABU ultra booster pad in place, due to earlier reviews lamenting the Cushies capacity. A total of 15 diapers were used during this evaluation, and I would recommend the ABU Cushies diaper for anyone in the AB/DL community when equipped with a booster pad - it will give you capacity, and allow you to enjoy what I found to be the most babyish and playful diaper available to the community.

Comfort Rating

The ABU Cushies diaper is quite comfortable, and the lack of faux elastic at the front and back found on Bambino and Abena diapers does not affect the overall comfort level. Of note, the ABU Cushies diaper fits well to my body type; I'm probably not in the best shape I could be, but I have a runner frame with a 33" waist at 69" height, which the ABU Cushies fits well. The single tape per side holds the diaper snugly, resulting in a good, comfortable fit. This diaper also does not sag as badly as competative products, and the single large tape per side design holds the diaper to the body very well. 10/10.

Capacity Rating

Having read the reviews here, I bought my ABU Cushies diapers with booster pads, and all evaluations were carried out with a single booster pad fitted per diaper. So configured, the ABU Cushies actually perform quite admirably, reliably absorbing four good wettings. Also, the ABU Cushies absorbant pads seem to wick away liquid into the aft portion of the pad more easily than Bambinos, and this resulted in fewer leaks overall. I have not tried the diaper alone, and based upon its overall slimmer appearance, can see how the diaper alone has less absorbant capacity than its competitors. Since I tested the diaper with boosters, I give it a 7/10; stand alone, it won't hold as well as it does with an extra pad.

Leaks Rating (For leaks, 10 is the fewest leaks, 1 is the most)

During my evaluation of the ABU Cushies diaper, I found that the diaper's absorbant padding allowed liquids to more easily be drawn to the aft section of the absorbant pad than its competition. Generally, four good wettings would be held by the diaper before it began to leak around the bottom area, and generally, this diaper does not leak as quickly when augmented with a booster pad than its competition (save Abena). In a total of 15 diapers evaluated, only 1 of 15 had a pinhole leak - this of course resulting in liquid loss rapidly. Assuming no pinhole leak, as earlier stated, this diaper handles leaks very well. 9/10.

Noise Rating (For noise, 10 is the quiestist, 1 is the noisiest)

Since the ratings in this category put noise in a descending category, the Cushies rate low. The ABU Cushies diaper is loud without doubt, but is not as loud as the Bambino series of diapers, since the latter uses a harder plastic tape-landing area. The ABU diaper is difficult to conceal, and can clearly be heard crinkling if active measures to stop this sound aren't taken. It will take multiple layers of clothes and/or plastic pants (if that's your thing) to reduce the noise of the ABU Cushies. 3/10.

Looks Rating (For looks 1 is the plainest, 10 is the most colorful and decorated)

ABU Cushies diapers are quite unique among adult diapers, since they have printing on the diaper itself, not only the tape-landing area. This is a great innovation, incredibly cute in appearance. Heavily decorated and colorful, the ABU Cushies diaper is probably the cutest and most playful diaper available to the AB/DL community. The single tape per side also enhances the "babyish" appearance of the diaper, which rates it highly comapred to its competition. 10/10 without question.

Fasteners Rating (If there are no tapes, velcro, snaps, etc., leave this category set at N/A.)

The ABU Cushies diaper uses a single large tape per side to fasten the diaper. These tapes hold amazingly well; I have not had a single tape pop out of place within the first 15 diapers evaluated. Upon initial fastening they seem forgiving enough, as they can usually be reset if the fit isn't snug enough if quickly pulled and re-fastened. Once set, these suckers HOLD. If, for some reason, you pull and re-fasten your diaper often, you won't like these tapes, but for me, once the diaper is fastened, it should hold in place, and given the exceptional holding power of the twin tapes (1/side) there is no question to me, a definite 10/10 here.

• Like 1

Has anyone else tried the Members Only coupon code that ABU has sent out just recently? I'm not a member but my friend is and gave me the code of CUSHIESBOGO

Thought that I would pass it along as well...I've only ordered a sample pack of them and LOVED LOVED LOVED them. Missed the last BOGO they had cause it ended too damn early and wish that I would have joined to be a member. I'm glad that I'm cheating and got the coupon code because now I have a crap (yes pun intended) load of the most awesome diapers! :smiley-baby-boy:

Yep - I'm cashing that one this weekend myself - it only goes on until Sunday, so get your orders in quick.

I'm annoyed, actually, since I AM a member and got some crappy offer of free boosters for buying Abenas (like who the hell needs boosters for Abenas? Aqua-Man?)

ya I dont normally order from ABU cause they cost too much, but with the BOGO coupon code they are the cheapest AB/DL diaper(price per diaper)on the market. So I broke down and bought a full case. Can't wait till they get here.

• 1 month later...

ya I dont normally order from ABU cause they cost too much, but with the BOGO coupon code they are the cheapest AB/DL diaper(price per diaper)on the market. So I broke down and bought a full case. Can't wait till they get here.

I was definitely surprised at it too. That's really cheap! I'm not quite sure how much they take to ship to me but, after researching how other people my size (on the smallest end of medium, about 2 inches in waist too small for most mediums such as Bambino) have experienced, I may just bite the bullet and make a purchase. :)

I also like that they're selling a larger case at a deeper volume discount. This is something that I think Bambino and Secure should do too. For those of us who are wearing these because we have to, and would maybe just like to add a little fun to the everyday mix, it presents a nice bonus, since we're going to need all 80 diapers anyway. :P

I have ordered a sample of ABU cushies, consider their recent positive actions and feedback, and will provide a review from a teeny-tiny person's perspective so that us smaller folk can have some information on whether this diaper is good for us. I will also assess customer service, as necessary, and shipping practices. Note that I've ordered on a Sunday so I'm not expecting a shipping response until some time tomorrow. We'll see. :)

I will still be wearing them with doublers, to be safe, as my priority is still to avoid leaks for the best price possible.

I will just say this.... i HATE cloth backed in general. If i wanted cloth backed, i would just wear cloth.... not a disposable. and personally i don't find cushies to be that absorbant to begin with.

i still will not order from ABU again... their sizing is completely inaccurate..... I sent them an email informing them of the discrpency in what they say their diapers fit and that they dont... the email i received back basically implied i was fatter than I thought. I offoered to send them pictural evidence of my waist/hip size, and the diapers they sent me...... they never responded.

so customer service gets an awful grade from me...

sizing accuracy gets an awful grade from me...

i was very excited to try the cushies, and if they were good we would have purchased form them often, but alas.... this diaper and company has nothing to offer me.

Even if they come out with the 'xl' diaper.... to me, customer service is essential.. ESPECIALLY when catering to such a niche community as abdl......

and i didn't get any candy in my box!!!!

I was most annoyed when ABU dropped this bombshell regarding the gallon diaper from Germany after leading us along promising a new overnight diaper. $3 per unit is NOT worth any amount of absorbency, particularly not on a diaper that looks all bright and colorful and playful until you notice the huge website address splattered across the landing zone.

• Like 1

I have noticed they got the plastic backing fixed on the Cushies and I'm very pleased with the correct plastic. For those mentioning "today's diapers" remember, most of us in the community are much older than that, also that's only for the overpriced name brand baby diapers, not all of them. ;) The option would be nice, yes, but the Cushies themselves are replicas of "old Pampers". Also many who wear for need cannot handle the fake cloth covers for many reasons, on children it works but when you make it adult sized it doesn't work as well.

On a side note, the international shipping rates suck. >.< Glad I live in the same state as them as well so I also don't get taxed twice.

Here's my quick take on Cushies... 1st, I bought them during the BOGO sale.... not entirely BOGO... although it says free shipping on orders over $100, you have to pay shipping on the free case. That being said, 160 diapers for $130.... that's a great buy, even if they don't absorb as much as Bambino and some of our other favorite thick diapers.

2nd, there were two things I was annoyed with, I think they only ship on Mondays. I ordered on Sunday, got the conformation email, then got an email on Monday saying they would need to take the full week to ship my order. Ok? This didn't make a lot of sense for me, but I am an understanding person, so a little disappointed, but I can deal with that... they did let me know they would ship next Monday...and they did and I had them on that Thursday, the following week of my initial order. I was a little aggrivated because when I placed my ordered I also ordered some of there plastic snap pants. They looked good, so I thought I'd give them a try. Well, I open my order, no plastic pants... then I look at the invoice, out of stock, amount refunded to your CC. I would've like to have known this in the emial when they told me my order was going to ship a week later. So, I can understand some people's complaints about customer service. This isn't a deal breaker for me to never order again, but ABU needs to look at there customer service a bit. These practices annoy others more than me being that I've always worked customer service, I have a tendancy to be more tolerable than the average bear. Packaging was discrete, and yes I too got candy... it's still in the box, I don't eat a lot of candy...LOL!

3rd, as far as the diaper itself, I was initiallly concerned about the fit. All the rumors about the fit being small, etc. which I guess it depends on how you view it. I can definitely see where they may not fit as well as two tape diapers, and so forth. I always like to go big, I'm tall. I am about 6'2" and weigh 220 or so....36" waist, so I always wear larges, my legs are big. Now, I did have to "mess" with the position of the big tape to get the best fit. Out of the box, you have to take a little different approach than the typical diaper we are used to. I found if I make the back a little higher than the front, place the tapes towards the top of the landing strip, and most definitely have the tapes taped in a slightly downward position, I get a lot better fit, less sagging, and they fit tighter overall. I have had NO issues yet with tapes popping off, breaking, ripping, etc. The plastic so far is very strong fron what I can tell. I put it too the test too, by pulling of it, poking it with my finger, etc. to see how much it will take before it'll break. Seem to be pretty strong, I like the feel and so forth, the inside is soft, and the outside is nice and smooth. My own opinion here, I could go without the excess "crinkle", it's kinda cool, but not my thing. A little is ok, but yes, these things crinkle...LOL! The more you use them though, the less they crinkle...makes sense, the fluff expands and fills up the plastic more.

4th, absorbancy. I have two different takes on this. I love the absorbancy of dry247. But how much is too much. I have found that Cushies in there natural state absorb ok. I'd say probably equivilant to Abena Supers or Molicare Supers..or so. Yes, they DO NOT absorb as good as Dry247, Bambino/Secure PLUSES, etc. However, during the BOGO sale, the price was significantly less than the Super versions of the other brands. Heck, they were cheaper than attends and depends, depending on where you buy them. The Cushies will absorb a decent amount without any booster assistance. One hard core wetting, or multiple small wettings, they well handle pretty well. Now, add a booster, wow, that makes these a lot of fun in my opinion. With the extra plastic for extra crinkle, this allows the plastic to expand more and accomodate the excessive amount of swell you get when you add a booster. This is amazing. I've also noticed they don't clumb really, and when you add a booster it helps keep the pee concentrated to a certain area of the diaper before it starts filling up the rest of the diaper. (I hope that makes sense, I know what I mean, but not for sure how to describe it...LOL) This is true for other brands as well, but this makes the Cushie a lot of fun. I have some of the Tranquility boosters that I picked up cheap off amazon or something, and they work great for this.

5th, fun factor..... in my opinion, they are a lot of fun for they diaper lover. I'm more a DL.... than AB honestly. I remember how I always wanted to come up with a single tape diaper for adults and this pretty much flips the bill. Sure, if I was making them, I would make them to where they absorb more in there natural state, and probably make the fit a little bigger for each size. They are pretty cool thought as they are.

6th, scent. I DID NOT opt for the scent. I think it would be awesome to have it, this would make a complete package. They price to add the scent, REDICULOUS in my opinion. An extra $40 for a case? WTF? I haven't done it yet, but I'll just order scented boosters from Bambino. If it was like $10 extra or something, I wouldn't have a problem to add it. They really need to rethink there scent prices. I personally think they would sell more scented diapers if they weren't so much more expensive.

Overall, not a bad diaper, not a bad experience. There are things I like and dislike about every diaper out there. Each have there own qualities. There are things I dislike about Secure/Bambino too. I haven't ordered them in a while but the last time I did, they don't fit as well as they used to. I still have old versions to compare too. I didn't like the plastic on the last Bambino's and Secure Pluses I ordered either. But with ANY diaper, it seems like the plastic is different every time you order. So this is something I've come to expect unfortunately. I hope this review kinda helps, it's my own little opinion, I've tried a lot of different brands of diapers. I'm by no means an expert, but like to think I can give an unbiased opinion for everyone to read, I'm not getting a kickback for ABU or anyone else. However, I would gladly take one and give rave reviews from any company looking for someone to plug there diaper products....LOL!

• Like 4

WOW A very well done review I could NOT have said it better myself Only thing is Every time I ordered my diapers they ship the same day not sure why yours took a week only thing I could think of is with that sale I am sure they had so many orders it took that long to get them all out.

You're welcome on the review, been wanting to do it for a while, just haven't had time. Yes, I figure the slow shipping was due to the sale, I'm sure I'm not the only one that took advantage of it...LOL! No biggie... just made for that much more anticipation... :D

• Like 2

you do know ABU supported a known pedophile site... right?

While that is accurate, one can hope they learned from their mistake and have since perhaps done some research into the ABDL community and now maybe understand it a bit better.

you do know ABU supported a known pedophile site... right?

This is stupid, really. I have been avoiding addressing this "problem" but seriously, old news is old news for one thing, the one who cannot move out of the past is lost to it. A company being judged by what they support or where they get their stock from is plain stupidity. A great company is great because of how they treat their customers, period.

• Like 1